The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if Golic would've listened to the whole segment like some guys in here should've maybe he wouldn't have reached with that comment.

What Simmons sad wasn't even that bad. I wouldn't even be surprised if this isn't some kind of contrived back & forth that ESPN has set up just to get the blogs & talking heads fired up. Simmons even said he didn't want his comment taken outta context by the blogs. :lol:

OK so we've only seen Bron play a few games so far this season, but it's fair to say that he has been underwhelming at the least. What we excused as first night jitters has turned into a few straight up bad games, leading one fellow redditor to liken his play to that of a potato.
So what is it? Nerves? Pressure? Injury? A gradual decline due to age? Tanking to get Cleveland another #1 draft pick?
I don't think it's any of these things. This off-season, we've seen LeBron drop a fair amount of weight that has been credited by some to a low-carb diet. But what if LeBron's weight loss and his resulting dip in form is the result of something far more cynical? What if he has stopped using performance enhancing drugs?
Stay with me. Adam Silver took over as commissioner following David Stern's 30 year tenure as Commissioner. Stern never led a full-out war on steroid use that we have seen in baseball or athletics over the past few years. It is very possible that he turned a blind eye to steroid usage in the NBA so as to provide a better spectacle, and a steroid scandal would have ruined his image as a Commissioner.
Adam Silver's short tenure has been marked by his strong and impressive responses to potentially image-harming scandals in the NBA. His legacy would only be enhanced if he lead a war on performance enhancing drugs from the early stages of his tenure. What if Silver informed the players of his determination to do this down the line? What if he specifically told LeBron, the league's marquee player, to make 100% sure he was clean as he was about to become the most tested athlete in sports, so as to avoid a scandal that could potentially eclipse both Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrongs' respective falls from grace?
What if I'm high and all this is *******t?
I'm 95% sure it's the latter, but I love me a good conspiracy theory. Pick apart my argument young bloods....

Whoa, that's a lot of text to read on my phone. I'll come back to it.

Last edited:
Bron is the best player in the world. He's not playing his best now though. He looks more lazy, disinterested on both ends of the floor to me. He'll be fine. Cavs are still figuring stuff out. Cavs will be top 2 seed in East

Has any player in the modern era ever led or attempted to lead their team to 5 straight finals? That's gOtta be having some effect on lebby.

But then again there is no such thing as fatigue so I really don't know what to think

cavs are undefeated when lebron takes 30 or more shots and have yet to win a game when he takes under 30 shots 
nerd.gif

#kobesystem 

Yeeeahhh......
There's no saving those Celtics sleeved joints :smh: :smh:

Worst jersey I've seen across all professional sports.

Meh, if Dan Patrick, Keith Olberman and Craig Kilborn never seriously went after ESPN after they left, I doubt Simmons will either. He'll go somewhere else and talk **** about them, but it won't be anything real serious:

None of that was in the digital era. Ether way who knows what type of language he has in his contract. Doubt he can write a tell all or anything like that. But he will definitly having fun screwing with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom