The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidenote: Having a beer at Louie's after the game, I'm at the bartop next to a local Radio Personality.

He tells me KD is getting evaluated next Friday and if cleared plans to return the following Friday at Home against Minny. Russ plans to be in uniform as well.

As of now they are 3-11.

The last game before the alleged return is against Cleveland, Thunders 22nd game.

Lets say they win 2 of their next 8 games (opponents:GSW, Utah, Knicks, Pels, 76ers, Detroit, Bucks, Cavs) and sport a 5-17 record going into KD/Russ return vs Minny.

82 games

22 played

60 left

50-32 ( to clinch 8th spot)

5-17 current record then

45-15 is the record they need going forward with a KD/Russ.

59-23 last years record(approximately 10 games better than what they need this year to clinch period)

Playoffs a possibility?

That's a lock if they return in 2 weeks.

A 45-15 record is equivalent to a 61 or 62-win pace (61.5, to be exact). The Thunder haven't won more than 60 in a season, and you're asking them to basically play their best season ever with two guys coming off of injuries and facing a tough Western Conference schedule. Your best bet is to hope that the 8th seed will only need about 47 or 48 wins. The problem with that is that the average number of wins the West eighth seed has had over the last ten years is a little more than 46, and, while there may not be a great team, this is most certainly still an above average conference.

Let's be kind and just consider that average of 46 wins. If they end up at 5-17, they'd need a 41-19 record. That's equivalent to a 56-win season. 56-win seasons are hard, even when you're healthy.

Let's say they go .500 in their next ten games (including tonight, so they're 0-1). At 8-15, they'd have to keep up a 52-win pace to get to 46-36. I can see that happening, but to have to win 5-10 more games than that is really daunting.

And forget sneaking in with a division crown. After tonight, the Blazers will be up 8 games in the loss column already. That number should get to double digits by the end of these next 8-10 games. They're currently on an unsustainable 59-win pace, but they're not going to drop ten games off that pace to fall below 50 wins.

It's not going to be as easy as you think.

Gordon Hayward is back 
pimp.gif

Averaging 12 points on 36% shooting his last three games. 9 Assists and 7 Turnovers.

I swear they have Rose' "reaction to the reaction" on a Vine loop  during ESPN covered games.

Why do they keep showing that, man
mean.gif

The Thunder haven't won more than 60 in a season, and you're asking them to basically play their best season ever with two guys coming off of injuries and facing a tough Western Conference schedule. Your best bet is to hope that the 8th seed will only need about 47 or 48 wins. 

56-win seasons are hard, even when you're healthy.

It's not going to be as easy as you think.
I don't think they will be back in two weeks, but if they are it's on.

I don't think KD and will have to have the season he did last year, just come back healthy and do a little work.

The team is better than it was last year and no doubt they've grown being on the court without KD and Russ.

The main thing is Russ's injury over KD's.

His was the hand not a foot so it will be an easier adjust.

If he hadn't got hurt they'd miss KD but it wouldn't look anything like it does right now.

He's the key.

We need him more healthy and KD can be on a minute restriction if needed.

They aren't out though if 2 weeks is the time frame. 

I was thinking around Xmas which is 30+ games in, and likely a wrap at that point.

I remain hopeful, we shall see.

I swear they have Rose' "reaction to the reaction" on a Vine loop  during ESPN covered games.
Why do they keep showing that, man:smh:
I don't think they will be back in two weeks, but if they are it's on.
I don't think KD and will have to have the season he did last year, just come back healthy and do a little work.
The team is better than it was last year and no doubt they've grown being on the court without KD and Russ.

The main thing is Russ's injury over KD's.
His was the hand not a foot so it will be an easier adjust.
If he hadn't got hurt they'd miss KD but it wouldn't look anything like it does right now.

He's the key.
We need him more healthy and KD can be on a minute restriction if needed.
They aren't out though if 2 weeks is the time frame. 
I was thinking around Xmas which is 30+ games in, and likely a wrap at that point.

I remain hopeful, we shall see.

I just don't see Durant back in two weeks. I'm thinking Christmas.

Feel as though the Thunder are in too tough of a conference to make the playoffs this year. If they do come back by the Friday december 12th against Minnesota, that'll IMO be too late. Between now and then, the only game you can pencil them in as winner are against Philly. Every game from now until the minnesota game they have a very serious chance of loosing. For them to make the playoffs, they've got to pick up some ground right here and go on some type of win streak which I don't see happening.

And this is if Durant is back by the minnesota game which is extremelyyy optimistic.

Last edited:
Feel as though the Thunder are in too tough of a conference to make the playoffs this year. If they do come back by the Friday december 12th against Minnesota, that'll IMO be too late. Between now and then, the only game you can pencil them in as winner are against Philly. Every game from now until the minnesota game they have a very serious chance of loosing. For them to make the playoffs, they've got to pick up some ground right here and go on some type of win streak which I don't see happening.

And this is if Durant is back by the minnesota game which is extremelyyy optimistic.

Also, they've really dropped the ball with this favorable schedule while KD and Russ were out. I thought they could be around .500. Lotta close, brutal losses.

SOnic is downright terrible

how they are still open is beyond me. they opened a few in michigan, of course when they just opened people went nuts but all of em i drive by everyday are seriously dead. the food is garbage IMO

It's a shame what has happened to OKC, really enjoyed watching them in April/May Won't see them in the playoffs this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom