The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, that's what you call Blake Griffin athleticism, unlike Julius Randle

Ugonda be trolling me right now bro. That basic *** dunk impressed you more than a 2 hand reverse eastbay...can't wait til randle establishes his highlight reel so this can be put to rest

Last edited:
Still waiting on that highlight, can't even show me highlights from his year at Kentucky. Aint nobody care about high school trash mixtapes

So it's confirmed, you are trolling me :lol:. I can give as well as I get, my good man. You haven't seen the last of me mr. Ho van

Na just going to remind you of how silly a comparison you made concerning one Blake Griffin and his athleticism to Julius Randle and his

The longer you fight it the sillier you look. The choice is yours

Although again, you've shown a propensity to say, putting it nicely, stupid things. So just chalk this case up to that column I suppose

Na just going to remind you of how silly a comparison you made concerning one Blake Griffin and his athleticism to Julius Randle and his

The longer you fight it the sillier you look. The choice is yours

Although again, you've shown a propensity to say, putting it nicely, stupid things. So just chalk this case up to that column I suppose

:lol:

Bean

Former Laker swingman Tony Gaffney spent one training camp with the team in 2009, earning an invite after a strong Summer League showing. The David Thorpe disciple was known as a defensive stopper, utilizing a 6-9 frame, and apparently his short time spent with Kobe was a memorable one.

From David Pick at Basketball Insiders:

“The Lakers had just come off winning an NBA title and the first guy Kobe sees in the gym is myself,” Gaffney said. “He said, ‘Who the hell is this?'” Former Lakers teammate Lamar Odom followed up by telling Gaffney, “Kobe doesn’t like mother****ers like you.”

From that point on, Gaffney had to carry Bryant’s bags, “but we had a unique relationship,” he recalled.

[…]

The odds of finding a rookie able to say that Bryant took them under his wing are slim to none. Though for Bryant, a nine-time NBA All-Defensive First Team nominee, Gaffney’s rep as a defensive stopper was seen as a challenger who must be faced.

Roughly one week into training camp Bryant called Gaffney down to the Lakers’ training facilities in El Segundo.

“We’re gonna start playing one-on-one,” Bryant told Gaffney, according to the forward. “I heard you’re a defensive lockdown player. So, lock me down.”

“Obviously easier said than done,” Gaffney said with a laugh. “But for about three weeks in a row, I was forced to show up hours before practice to play one-on-one against Kobe.”

Bryant would invent various sets of rules where he could only dribble and score with his weak hand; some days he could only score inside the paint, others only from outside.

“Oh, and I never got to play offense,” Gaffney said.

Last edited:
:smile: @LeBetard and Bomani still fishing for the Knick from I Got a Story to Tell. Those dudes going to get Fab wrecked by putting Anthony Mason on his lips.

:smile:

Niketalk is 85% nerds so of course they drool over analytics :lol:

Sure analytics have a place in determining whose good, but the problem I have is that it seems to have become the primary indicator for determining a good player when it should be secondary imo. I think the numbers should be used to backup the eye test and not the other way around which it seems like has happened.

Niketalk is 85% nerds so of course they drool over analytics :lol:

Sure analytics have a place in determining whose good, but the problem I have is that it seems to have become the primary indicator for determining a good player when it should be secondary imo. I think the numbers should be used to backup the eye test and not the other way around which it seems like has happened.

Agreed...but the problem is people allow bias to negate the eye test. Someone tried telling me demar derozan was better than James harden. C'mon son.

These Marcus Smart highlights have been impressive.
Luke Ridnour and Ben Gordon should be on more a veteran team. Luke would fit along side Lebron I think.

When it comes to the NBA schedule I was thinking I think the back to backs are pointless from players view and fans. I know the Wolves have a few this seasons and some of the match ups are not winnable. I wouldn't mind those going away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom