The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
As sad as it is to see Nash deteriorate, I'd like to see him play as many games as possible before he retires.

Last edited:
I want to see him go out on his own terms. Finish out the year if possible then hang it up. I dont want to see him go because his body cant anymore. Thats sad. He deserves better. Steve Nash is a legend, he forever changed the way offense will be looked at in the NBA.

Kobe's quote on FirstTake is as real as it gets..if you don't respect him, it's because if his off the court court case and his ego. Dude keeps it real though.

"Listen: business is business. I think people get that confused very easily in understanding that players should take substantially leas than their market value in order to win championships."
Kobe OBVIOUSLY deserves every penny he's making....however, when guys like Tim Duncan and Dirk take less than their market value to improve their team roster flexibility, then I just don't know what to tell ya.
Tell me nothing, it's simple.
Kobe-5 Rings
He's not leaving 35+ mill in the table to help.
They can go over the Cap and help.
He will make the best with what's around him
players taking less than their market value is on them. they ain't displaying any more "loyalty" or are any more of a team player than a proven high profile player who wants to get paid. that's some bs thrown down by the ownership to keep the players in check and shame them into asking for less than their value

Michael Jordan disagrees with Dirk & LeBron about shortening the NBA season: "I never thought 82 games was an issue."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This guy

I agree with MJ. Less games means less money for all sides. LeBron will still be getting fouled hard and everything else, no matter if the games are 44 min or 48, 82 games or 66. It's the reserves and subs that will suffer. Or maybe that new TV deal will smooth things out

Last edited:
Thoughts on that MJ comment....

Absolutely nothing wrong or ScumbagMikeish about it. I'm sure he was just asked what he thought on shortening the season and since Lebron agreed on it, the writer threw out the most controversial title out there

If LeBron took 18 months off and came back in the spring of 2016, he'd probably agree.

if they shortened the length of the games, they might as well shorten the roster too, because theres gonna be a lot more warming of the bench

Thoughts on that MJ comment....

Absolutely nothing wrong or ScumbagMikeish about it. I'm sure he was just asked what he thought on shortening the season and since Lebron agreed on it, the writer threw out the most controversial title out there

This. Mike is often a douche, but I don't see any problem in this instance.

reducing the number of season games by like 25% seems way too much. will they be reducing players' salaries, owners' profits & fans' ticket prices by that much as well? doubt it. they'll find a way to keep the ticket prices rising. fans will get jerked in the end as usual

reducing the number of season games by like 25% seems way too much. will they be reducing players' salaries, owners' profits & fans' ticket prices by that much as well? doubt it. they'll find a way to keep the ticket prices rising. fans will get jerked in the end as usual

I agree. Plus, I think cutting the number of games will only marginally reduce injury risk, but will significantly increase the potential impact of when a key player does get injured. A star player missing 8-12 games is a lot bigger deal in a 65 game season than with 82 games.

Mike doesn't have an issue w/ 82 games because he's a ******* owner! More games, more money in his pocket.

I can agree with Mike saying 82 games is not an issue because he didn't do what people were getting on Bron about a few years back. Which was sitting out games for rest when you have clinched the division/conference and have a handful of games to go still. But even Bron doesn't do that anymore, bad P.R. when people come to see you play and you are on the bench wearing thick rimmed glasses dancing on the sideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom