The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously don't even blame Bron for this, the possessions before this caused this reaction. Dion took a stupid 3, Kyrie turned it over or took a bad shot, can't remember, and Anderson threw up some garbage in the lane that was an airball.

the funniest thing is..they arent going to stop. Dion and Kyrie are 22 year olds. They aren't just going to wake up one day mature and ready to be great just because bron told them to. Most 22 yo's are the same way, they want to do what they want to do. Kevin Love gets it, but they dont even go to him, so he's tossing the dueces next summer. That's what bron signed on for. Thing is..they'll be young a lot longer than he will. Theyll start maturing around 25-27...bron will be 33-35. I don't think he took into scale the full gravity of his decision.

Before the season I thought the league would have more parity but it looks more watered down than ever before

You do know what parity means, right? This season is already the most unpredictable season that I can remember in the NBA. Last year, everyone had a Heat-Spurs Finals penciled in. Not only because that's what people wanted, but it's because it's what people expected. I have NO idea who is coming out of the East right now. The West is a bloodbath, and there are four or five teams that could make a claim to that title. For the NBA, that is parity. This is going to be a crazy season with a lot of twists and turns. You can rarely ever say that about the NBA.

If you were the Cavs/LeBron would you trade Kyrie to the Celtics for a package involving Rondo and a couple other pieces? He'd bring that championship attitude and demeanor to them and wouldn't be on some immature **** jacking threes on fastbreaks and causing problems. Their defense would also improve a lot.

Best thing that could happen for the Cavs is what happened to Kobe and Shaq. Coach gets fired and team matures/meshes better. Don't see that with this team though.

A 45-15 record is equivalent to a 61 or 62-win pace (61.5, to be exact). The Thunder haven't won more than 60 in a season, and you're asking them to basically play their best season ever with two guys coming off of injuries and facing a tough Western Conference schedule. Your best bet is to hope that the 8th seed will only need about 47 or 48 wins. The problem with that is that the average number of wins the West eighth seed has had over the last ten years is a little more than 46, and, while there may not be a great team, this is most certainly still an above average conference.

Let's be kind and just consider that average of 46 wins. If they end up at 5-17, they'd need a 41-19 record. That's equivalent to a 56-win season. 56-win seasons are hard, even when you're healthy.

Let's say they go .500 in their next ten games (including tonight, so they're 0-1). At 8-15, they'd have to keep up a 52-win pace to get to 46-36. I can see that happening, but to have to win 5-10 more games than that is really daunting.

And forget sneaking in with a division crown. After tonight, the Blazers will be up 8 games in the loss column already. That number should get to double digits by the end of these next 8-10 games. They're currently on an unsustainable 59-win pace, but they're not going to drop ten games off that pace to fall below 50 wins.

It's not going to be as easy as you think.

I'm just going to add to my own post. The last two seasons, the Thunder have posted 60 and 59 wins. At the 60-game mark, they were 44-16 and 45-15, respectively. So, yeah, I get that they have the capability of putting together a 45-15 record. However, this would be a 61 to 62-win season with literally NO margin for error. It's like telling a team "you have to win 60 games to make the playoffs".

That being said, I don't think they're going to be 5-17. So, they don't have to keep that insane pace. But, the margin for error is still razor thin.

The Cavs would need to send more than just Kyrie, not the other way around.

Highly doubt that. Kyrie is one of the biggest stars in the league at this point and is coming off of being the MVP of the World Basketball Championship and Nike slowly about to make him his own sig line. People would come to games just to watch Kyrie drop buckets....Rondo is great but I don't think he has that same effect with casual fans.

Would you agree (not considering lack of future production from KD/Russ injuries) that the team is better, or no?

They are better everywhere. Why would they fall off?

Last edited:
All that sounds great @Buc Em, however, I don't think Danny Ainge cares about Kyrie being marketable, or whether he has a signature shoe deal.

He wouldn't trade Rondo for Kyrie, much less Rondo++(this is strictly my opinion, I can't give sources)

sidenote:Nike already gave Kyrie a sig line.

Last edited:
Would you agree (not considering lack of future production from KD/Russ injuries) that the team is better, or no?

They are better everywhere. Why would they fall off?

There's a difference between starting the season 45-15 and NEEDING to go 45-15 from mid-December on, with guys coming back from injuries. That's all I'm saying. I remember back in the day, the Houston Rockets started a season 15-0. That's because it was the beginning of the season, and there was no pressure. If that Rockets team NEEDED to go 15-0 just to make the playoffs, would they have done it? Maybe. But they could easily drop one game, and then be done. That's what I'm saying. It has nothing to do with the talent. It's the grind, and the fact that they will be playing teams down the stretch who want to ensure the Thunder don't make the playoffs. They're getting everyone's best shot.

Very true.

Hopefully what datznasty mentioned hearing about Russ coming back Black Friday, as opposed to the second Friday after that, has some validity.

That would be at the 17 game mark, not the 23nd game, of course providing more room for error.

The Russ injury being in his hand and not legs is Golden at this point.

Thunder can run a few games with just him, no KD and hold their own with anybody.

This might not be saying much but they were holding their own against the Clippers when he left the game in the second quarter, and still only lost by 3 in the end.

As a fan, I'm hopeful.

As a betting man, I'm doubtful everything lines up for them this year.

Kobe won't have it all again.....He'll have games where he'll look great and then he'll have games where he wont look so great, that's just part of age

For him to be even this type of a player is awe inspiring

Also its amazing how having another player who can create his own shot makes the Lakers look like a competent team especially against Eastern teams
or maybe their competence level has more to do with facing an easier opponent. The only other team that they've faced on the Hawks level is Charlotte, who they crushed. Everyone else on the schedule was literally A playoff team (or Phoenix who won 48 games last year) or another playoff contender like the Pelicans

The Lakers are a mediocre team that will look "competent" against other mediocre teams, and will look terrible against playoff teams. This is with or without "having another player who can create his own shot"

Nick ******* young isn't the missing piece to competency
And as expected, they faced a non mediocre opponent & got crushed by 30 with Young in the lineup.

Last edited:
All that sounds great @Buc Em
, however, I don't think Danny Ainge cares about Kyrie being marketable, or whether he has a signature shoe deal.
He wouldn't trade Rondo for Kyrie, much less Rondo++(this is strictly my opinion, I can't give sources)

sidenote:Nike already gave Kyrie a sig line.

So where are his signature shoes then?

Don't show me some Hyperdunk or Air Force One with his logo or colors on it that was released to some House of Hoops.

And Danny Ainge might not care about marketing but if Rondo peaces out on them and they have nothing to show for it then that's not gonna be a good look. If he starts demanding a trade again anytime soon and the media gets a hold of it then that wouldn't be good either.

the funniest thing is..they arent going to stop. Dion and Kyrie are 22 year olds. They aren't just going to wake up one day mature and ready to be great just because bron told them to. Most 22 yo's are the same way, they want to do what they want to do. Kevin Love gets it, but they dont even go to him, so he's tossing the dueces next summer. That's what bron signed on for. Thing is..they'll be young a lot longer than he will. Theyll start maturing around 25-27...bron will be 33-35. I don't think he took into scale the full gravity of his decision.

He did say this team was gonna take time & test his patience idk why ppl expect the heat pt 2

Was flabbergasted by Kobe's shot attempt.

*flamesuit on*
I'm not.

I thought that shot was one of the greatest I have ever seen. 

Goosebumps, I got goosebumps watching him take it. 

To watch all of the good vibes that Swag brought to the team two games ago go down the drain, was breathtaking.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, can do it like the Black Mamba.

He is the best to ever do it.

You do know what parity means, right? This season is already the most unpredictable season that I can remember in the NBA. Last year, everyone had a Heat-Spurs Finals penciled in. Not only because that's what people wanted, but it's because it's what people expected. I have NO idea who is coming out of the East right now. The West is a bloodbath, and there are four or five teams that could make a claim to that title. For the NBA, that is parity. This is going to be a crazy season with a lot of twists and turns. You can rarely ever say that about the NBA.

Damn near half the league is under .500. 14 teams to be exact. If Miami drops their next game that could be half the league with a losing record. I wouldn't call that parity but I understand people have different perspectives. For the most part all the playoff teams from last year are on pace to be back this season. In the east you have Atlanta, Milwaukee and orlando in the top 8. We may not be able to guarantee who we'll see in the finals but we know for damn sure who's not gonna make it and the season is hardly a month old.

Last edited:

Seriously don't even blame Bron for this, the possessions before this caused this reaction. Dion took a stupid 3, Kyrie turned it over or took a bad shot, can't remember, and Anderson threw up some garbage in the lane that was an airball.

Yes you can. That is inexcusable. He wanted this and now he's not living up to the expectation of being the leader these "young guys" need. No way in hell KLove stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom