The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

It's a guard league, I really don't understand how Mudiay would slip so far. He's a quite a bit more athletic than Russell.

Okafor would be a huge mistake at #2.

According to Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times, Boston made an offer of Marcus Smart, the 16th pick, and the 28th pick to the Philadelphia 76ers for Nerlens Noel and the third pick – one that Sam Hinkie and company, unsurprisingly, rebuffed.

According to Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times, Boston made an offer of Marcus Smart, the 16th pick, and the 28th pick to the Philadelphia 76ers for Nerlens Noel and the third pick – one that Sam Hinkie and company, unsurprisingly, rebuffed.

Wow. Not even the dumbest son of a ***** on this site would put together this trade offer.

Boston trolling with that :lol:

I heard you like draft picks Hinkie. 16th, 28th plus 13 2nd rounders for Noel and 3

Last edited:

Sixers going to draft Russell anyway?
nerd.gif

You guys think Russell comes out during draft night and tells Philly not to draft him if he hasn't been picked up after the 2nd pick?

BTW, what's the story with Mudiay? Has he fallen down the board because of poor workouts or something?
Apparently teams are surprised he's not a good shooter yet. Knicks need him, he's the second best prospect in this draft.
What's the big deal over him being a poor shooter? Shouldn't that be the least of an NBA players problem? I've always believed you can improve jump shooting just by continuously working on it. Look at Tony Parker before 2004. The man had a TERRIBLE jump shot when he first entered the league, but become a decent shooter after working on that part of his game.

Things like effort and athleticism is something you can't teach IMO. Mudiay has a TON of potential to be the best player in this draft when it's all said and done. He's basically the prototypical PG the NBA is moving towards--Explosive and athletic.
New NBA problems. Scouts have lost their damn mind. Guy is a franchise talent. Has the body, athleticism, explosiveness, can finish in traffic, good passer, can become a great defender, but hey, his jumper is like john wall's coming out of kentucky so we gotta pass on him.
Why did he struggle in China then? One of the weaker leagues in the world? He should have been dominating the league the games he played. 

I also think his athleticism/explosiveness is overrated. That's not to say he's not athletic or explosive. He's just not close to Wall, Westbrook, Rose, etc who I've seen him be compared to. That's not a knock on him though. 

A jump shot definitely can be worked on, but let's not act like there haven't been a multitude of cases where a guy gets drafted and there's hope around his jump shot, but it never truly develops. It's definitely something to be skeptical about when supposedly Okafor shoots the three better than Mudiay at a workout. 

I just love when people say things about Porzingis/Mudiday/Hezonja being this or that, literally none of you have really seen any of those guys play and its pretty much all just you guys talking out your *****.
Alotta dumb trade proposals right before the draft :lol:

And once again you can't compare mudiay to other overseas prospects( he's not even really an overseas prospect anyway) in terms of getting a chance to see him ....anybody that follows recruiting and the scouts have seen him play 4 years of high school ball, even more years of AAU ball and he played in all the big time all star games/tournaments ...a quick search would pull up clips of him Playing against all the top players in this draft

Only ppl that say haven't seen him and follow the draft are the ones that watch highlights of college games and the tourney ...he's not an unknown prospect because he didn't play one year of college

Why did he struggle in China then? One of the weaker leagues in the world? He should have been dominating the league the games he played.
Maybe because he was 18 years old and playing against grown men?  Come on man, lets be real here.  If he played in college, he would be a lock to be a top 2 pick.  And he didn't struggle in China either.

Last edited:

Sixers going to draft Russell anyway? :nerd:

You guys think Russell comes out during draft night and tells Philly not to draft him if he hasn't been picked up after the 2nd pick?

BTW, what's the story with Mudiay? Has he fallen down the board because of poor workouts or something?
Apparently teams are surprised he's not a good shooter yet. Knicks need him, he's the second best prospect in this draft.

What's the big deal over him being a poor shooter? Shouldn't that be the least of an NBA players problem? I've always believed you can improve jump shooting just by continuously working on it. Look at Tony Parker before 2004. The man had a TERRIBLE jump shot when he first entered the league, but become a decent shooter after working on that part of his game.

Things like effort and athleticism is something you can't teach IMO. Mudiay has a TON of potential to be the best player in this draft when it's all said and done. He's basically the prototypical PG the NBA is moving towards--Explosive and athletic.
New NBA problems. Scouts have lost their damn mind. Guy is a franchise talent. Has the body, athleticism, explosiveness, can finish in traffic, good passer, can become a great defender, but hey, his jumper is like john wall's coming out of kentucky so we gotta pass on him.

I also think his athleticism/explosiveness is overrated. That's not to say he's not athletic or explosive. He's just not close to Wall, Westbrook, Rose, etc who I've seen him be compared to. That's not a knock on him though. 

A jump shot definitely can be worked on, but let's not act like there haven't been a multitude of cases where a guy gets drafted and there's hope around his jump shot, but it never truly develops. It's definitely something to be skeptical about when supposedly Okafor shoots the three better than Mudiay at a workout. 
Where's this coming from that he "struggled" in China ? ...he got hurt but when he played he wasn't bad at all 18/6/6 on like 48% from the field and 34% from 3 ...he just shot ft's poorly

Send an 18 year old kid to the other side of the planet alone, watch him get hurt and then claim he struggled. Kid played well regarding the circumstances and he's going to be an excellent player. Quote me in 4 years if I'm wrong great, but this is a kid that is gonna be a player in this league. He can play well on both ends, he already has a pro body, this is Guy the Knicks need for the future.

Danny Ainge needs to stop feeling himself 
roll.gif

In the Chinese league where guys who can't make/barely can make an NBA roster anymore put up ridiculous numbers (Marbury, McGrady, Jianlin, etc) 18 6 and 6 isn't that impressive. He also had one of the lower fg percentages on his team, so there's that as well. 

That's not to say he won't be a good player in the league, just don't agree with the notion he's bursting with potential, 2nd best prospect and teams will regret not taking him and what not. 

I'm guessing Mudiay should have averaged 30, 10, and 10

Last edited:
In the Chinese league where guys who can't make/barely can make an NBA roster anymore put up ridiculous numbers (Marbury, McGrady, Jianlin, etc) 18 6 and 6 isn't that impressive. He also had one of the lower fg percentages on his team, so there's that as well. 

That's not to say he won't be a good player in the league, just don't agree with the notion he's bursting with potential, 2nd best prospect and teams will regret not taking him and what not. 

What planet do you live on, fam? How does one compute the kind of logic you 'puting?

What planet do you live on, fam? How does one compute the kind of logic you 'puting?
Agree to disagree, I just don't see 2nd best prospect in this draft. I see Russell as a much better prospect. I think he's going where he belongs to go, around 4-6, which I don't see as a knock.

Back
Top Bottom