The 30 and Over thread

I look good boy. Been Iike that from jump

E5D88A41-5A7B-4131-8E4D-99E892775705.jpeg

HANDSOME

Tonight was the night I finally accepted the fact that I gotta play with the local “dads” at the Rec.

I didn’t wanna be the single old head just shooting a few three’s playing with these millennials at the other leagues. But I’ve realized I need to change my game with MJ fadeaways and floaters or something. But from the low post until I can get my legs back.

I’m 31. Honestly loved turning 30. Bought a house the year before, have a fiancé and we each have a daughter. Life is good after having some turmoil in my 20s.

I’m 28, turning 29 this august.
yes, definitely have gotten better looking, I looked like crap most of my life man ( atleast that’s what I was bullied for )

it’s a fact that ( NO HOMO IN ANY WAY ) - guys get better looking as they age
where it’s the opposite for females

All my 90s babies this is the decade for us to turn 30... I'll be joining the club later this year lol

So far, my mid to late 20's were the best years of my life.

Just a couple of years from turning 40. I mean, I'm happy to be alive, but I don't really have anything going for me right now. Need to change that.

Stopped counting the years after 30 (34)
25-28 were the best times of my life, life hasn’t been terrible, but I’ll never have the amount of freedom I had then. Kids change everything, for better or worse depending on who you are. My kids have enriched my life significantly, but also gave up quite a bit of myself in the process. I’m trying to enrich my life the same way I did in my latter 20’s; travel, experiences, relationship building.

Tonight was the night I finally accepted the fact that I gotta play with the local “dads” at the Rec.

I didn’t wanna be the single old head just shooting a few three’s playing with these millennials at the other leagues. But I’ve realized I need to change my game with MJ fadeaways and floaters or something. But from the low post until I can get my legs back.

"Millennials" start in '81 my dude...

...that term is thrown around by people that don't realize that they actually fall in that generation.

31. Still get carded most of the time. Honestly, these past 3 years have been way better than the entirety of my 20s. Professional development and better income has helped a lot. Got a good woman. The people I’m surrounded by now versus those I was running with in my early/mid 20s is like night and day.

I was in much better shape 6-7 years ago. Just need to get back in the gym and be active more consistently.

"Millennials" start in '81 my dude...

...that term is thrown around by people that don't realize that they actually fall in that generation.

I’m one year short of being a Gen-X’er and just used the term millennials to describe dudes in their early-mid 20’s in a thread about being 30+.

Out of all the things in this thread, that’s what you choose to focus on? C’mon, man:stoneface:

32 years old, checking in. Never stopped to think about it really. i just go about life.
Got engaged late last year. No kids. Job is good for now. Just kinda chugging along. Physically i am definitely breaking down more :lol: but still in the gym and playing soccer. If anything its really made me appreciate the Cristiano Ronaldos, Lebron James, Zlatan's of the world. How they have kept their body in top shape into their 30s without injury

Was broke af in my 20s and did very little of things that many of my contemporaries seemed to do

Financially: never better
-minimal debt (few G’s my Master’s program that I can pay off if needed)
-in a field (project management) that can be lucrative depending on industry/location (gotta keep chasing these certs)
-working on maxing out 401k and save sizable portions of net earnings for brokerage account
-little to no interest in owning at this point

Physically: not great; not from lifestyle but congenital/family stuff
-herniated discs (dads side has back/spinal probs) twice last year (second time landed me took in the hospital, can walk but not well, can’t run and no gym)
-learned I can get Gout (Mom’s side)

Socially: need to do better
-childhood friends don’t want to come to the city and I hate going the burbs (having a car in my area would be pointless)
-see “associates” more than friends
-need to be much more proactive w/ yambs (with the types I am most into)
-need a new hobby (got into boxing but injury detailed that)

Mentally: keep learning more about myself and what makes me tick
-way more self aware and understand what I want from certain situations (especially with work)
-can easily become dedicated/regimented to things that interest me
-am okay with being more introverted that allows for more self reflection
-have learned to push ego aside to accomplish thing, even if I’m not a fan of the person or situation I need to deal w/
-my bad habit is apathy and most prevalent socially (again try to break this)

good and bad but just keep on keeping on?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom