The 30 Most influential Niketalk members of all time by Complex Magazine

I remember how pissed members were when NT got mentioned in that issue. The fear of what would flood this site was a hot topic. I view you Mez as a staple on this board and I held the stance that new members learning about this place wasn't as bad as some thought. I wonder if this article in Complex will bring future staples to NT.

Yup. That was one of the times NT was coming to an "end" because of all the noobs due to the kicks mag mention. Heck, the only reason I started an account because of the "noob police."

:lol:

First, people wanted others to give NT a shoutout every time they had a chance, but now that NT got some spotlight and shine, y'all want to clown the site (Complex) for doing so. :smh: It's a good thing if NT gets more traffic and members (even if "the quality of the posts goes down") - I'm sure method man wants the site to expand and reach out more to others.

But I hate clicking through 30 different images/links just to see the whole ranking - this goes for all the other lists. I know making us click through a bunch of links generates more money for you guys, but it deters people like myself from going on Complex to check out the rankings because it wastes so much more time and becomes quite annoying. If you can reduce the amount of pages to a minimum, I'd definitely visit more often.

Ksteezy, you're in the same boat as DJ Proto J. A lot of people "hate" or clown on y'all because you guys are easy targets. You guys keep responding to defend yourselves to alter the opinions of what was said, which shows that you care what others think and let that affect you. Some hate on Proto because of his WDYWT poses and constant bragging of what kicks he got. Some hate on you because of the way you tie your shoes or the faces that you make, such as the one in your avy. Who knows, just don't respond and your life will be less stressful.

Last edited:
List is buns. No Wallyhop or trethousandgt? Both guys have some of THE most knowledge on here (who knows more about trainers than Wally?), plus incredibly helpful. ninjahood should of been on that too.

jordan_xi_spacejam.jpg

http://www.nikepark.org/picture.html

Remember wanting every shoe releasing back then

And I definitely don't pay attention to Complex's or any lists in 2012. I actually hesitated when approached for final suggestions because of that and other stupid reasons. But I figured why not and 'Plex shows a lot of love to site regularly, as long as My-T could join in I was down to offer suggestions.

I appreciate Complex magazine for including me on the list. NT has come a long way since its early years. Every forum, from nike, nike retro, S&T, sneaker showcase, buy/sell, general etc, there are top 10 lists that can be made in each section. Thats the beauty of NT, its complete and covers all aspects of the sneaker world, sports, music, and even politics. NT was here....friendster came along, myspace came along, facebook came along, twitter came along, no matter what hot new "social media" trend came out and continues to come out and falls off, NT always stands the test of time. At one point in time, we all joined NT because of our love of shoes. We all branched into other things in life but I know I've met some of the best people in the world thanks to NT. I'm glad that NT is still here and is simply not some nostalgic website we all "used to go to" for sneaker news. Agree with the list or not, I'm proud to still be a part of Niketalk. Peace.
OG Team909
nthat.gif

I think everyone has their own "personal" list of folks they interacted with or connected with on here.
The original Laker4Life was the ultimate Sports troll. Dude kept getting reincarnated with variations of his name to piss HoldenMichael off.
JRose had the classic picture and sig with the Fab Five's starting line up.
I wouldn't mind seeing some stats on NT's growth over the years. How many members did NT have back in 2000 or so? How rapid has the growth/volume been? Best/Worst site modifications?

LOL, thats my dude right there...he's a funny guy

This is what put me and a lot of us onto NikeTalk way back when, much more "influential" :pimp:

slam_kicks_3_kobe_bryant.jpg

Had to type out the entire ezboard link that Russ wrote in the first few pages to get information on the Jordan 2's.

Also made me go to Niketown to get a few pairs of those Olympic 6's, the good old days of 2 per customer.

More technology than a stealth bomber filled with Dreamcasts...

I remembering seeing one of my friends look at the Jordan info on here so I went on when I got home (back in 7th grade/2001)
I applied for a name, totally forgot I did and didn't post for a long time, I would get scared people would clown on me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom