The Air Jordan XVI returns in 2016

Was really hoping we'd see a 20 year anniversary retro release at the very least. Very disappointed that they continue to butcher every signature shoe from the 1-14, but 16's and 17's cant get no love?

Last edited:
Maybe in 2024, we'll see the retro of the black/red XVI, that's 16 years after the dmp XVI black/red, 23 years after the original XVI black/red.

It’s outraging that they will pump out dozens of 1s and 4s and 13s but release like literally almost nothing post 14s… Like come on wtf. Give us all the OGs, and some lows, and a couple new colorways.

These samples would sell like good coke, guaranteed.

F7A6DC97-E5D3-4AB8-94AA-2F4CD0DEAC08.jpeg

AD05DB26-C70F-4A0E-9B95-E219032FED05.jpeg

I didn't even like the lows when they first came out. The white/red was the unofficial back to school shoe that year. The black lows were pretty popular too.
I must've picked up and looked at the white/red lows in my local FTL like 10 different times but never went through with buying a pair. It was a weird shoe ... I wanted it, but then when I had it in front of me, something about it just wasn't quite right. I think it was all the white on the front of the shoe. I always felt like the toe piece should have been red or gray, if not black. That said, I always regretted not just saying eff it and buying them LOL. I'd definitely buy them now if they retroed.

I must've picked up and looked at the white/red lows in my local FTL like 10 different times but never went through with buying a pair. It was a weird shoe ... I wanted it, but then when I had it in front of me, something about it just wasn't quite right. I think it was all the white on the front of the shoe. I always felt like the toe piece should have been red or gray, if not black. That said, I always regretted not just saying eff it and buying them LOL. I'd definitely buy them now if they retroed.
I almost consider it a separate model shoe from the XVI mid. It is definitely unique.

Back
Top Bottom