The Apocalypse -Alien Invasion

No I'm not saying the world is going to end in 2012 and all that jazz. I'm just saying, if aliens were real, and were to visit our planet,wouldn't the logical reason be that they want to harms us? Why else would they want to visit us if they are thousands of years more advanced than we are?What can they possibly want from us that they don't have? Oh by the way, this clip is from a show "Apocalypse How" they aired on NationGeographic just recently. It was about ways the world could end, very interesting to say the least. Some ways that come to mind is of course Astroid Collision,Android Invasion anyone? (Just like Irobot...What we create, may become smarter than us)Black holes, Super Novas, Another Ice Age? Like I said before, I'mnot saying the world is going to end anytime soon. But it's how?, that is the interesting question.

I really shouldn't even have watched as much as I did of that. There's not much that gets to me except for the thought of the world ending, especiallyby way of an alien attack. In that video they compare an alien attack here to a human smashing an ant hill, and I believe that. If they do ever come theyprobably won't give a damn.

Originally Posted by MinGrady

...I'm just saying, if aliens were real, and were to visit our planet, wouldn't the logical reason be that they want to harms us? Why else would they want to visit us if they are thousands of years more advanced than we are?
wouldn't it make more sense to invade earth centuries ago?

I say pay less attention to the thoughts of aliens and pay more attention to what the people on this planet are doing.

Originally Posted by BTonNT

I say pay less attention to the thoughts of aliens and pay more attention to what the people on this planet are doing.

You're right, because I'm clearly ignorant when it comes to current events that I don't know what the hell is going on in the world.
eyes.gif
grin.gif

Speaking of "pay more attention to what the people on this planet are doing"

And I quote from the video at 5:15, "I think we have good cause to be concerned, that if that aliens discover us, that they want to do bad things to us.We do bad things to each other. What confidence should we have that some other species, will somehow treat us better than we treat ourselves? I don't carrythat confidence. I fear for humans."

lol wow. I didnt say all that....and I didnt necessarily mean it to be a criticism of you....I just see a lot of people worrying about aliens and invasions? Iguess? and that's my general opinion on it. (to anyone)

lol let's take it down a notch, dude. I apologize if I offended. that's just my opinion...not so concerned with alien invasions.

you have to think about that quote too...

"I think we have good cause to be concerned, that if that aliens discover us, that they want to do bad things to us.We do bad things to each other. What confidence should we have that some other species, will somehow treat us better than we treatourselves? I don't carry that confidence. I fear for humans."

see that? there's things going on here and now. that's my only point. deal with the "if"s in accord.
no offense intended. at all.

Originally Posted by BTonNT

you have to think about that quote too...

"I think we have good cause to be concerned, that if that aliens discover us, that they want to do bad things to us. We do bad things to each other. What confidence should we have that some other species, will somehow treat us better than we treat ourselves? I don't carry that confidence. I fear for humans."

see that? there's things going on here and now. that's my only point. deal with the "if"s in accord.
no offense intended. at all.
I hear you. I apologize as well as I took offense to what was misinterpreted in my part. I guess I just found this topic interesting as I just sawthis show on National Geographic a couple of days ago and wanted to hear yall thoughts.

And to the Godzilla remark,
laugh.gif
wow...

no worries. It is interesting stuff and you should discuss it. I was just adding my input that I don't think people should beoverly worried about this type of thing when theres things going on here that we actually know of and can or should do something about. All the stuffyou brought up in your original post is interesting stuff and the documentary is too.

I'll just address your question so the post can get back on track
laugh.gif
....really didnt mean to mess it up.

"if aliens were real, and were to visit our planet, wouldn't the logical reason be that they want to harms us? Why else would they want to visit us ifthey are thousands of years more advanced than we are? What can they possibly want from us that they don't have?"

communication? information? sharing resources? who knows? I actually read a really good post of someone giving their opinion and reasonings on their belief ofwhat aliens could or would want and if they do in fact exist but I don't remember where I read it.
laugh.gif
....if I remember at some time Ill throw it in.

oop found it in my history.

I have ZERO belief in any conspiracy theory about UFOs.

This is my own belief, based purely on logic and that I cannot possibly know information of which someone has no interest in letting me know -- takes a moment to make sense of that.

Every week, we find more earth-like stars, and now we even find planets that could possibly be like earth. So it's pretty likely, that the Universe is teaming with life. Even if life exists at 1 in a million planets. We would likely have a million planets with life in this galaxy alone.

So, I think it is inevitable, that there is life on other planets. And with the apparent age of this Universe, which may or may not be infinite -- but of course, something is infinite, of which we are apart. Then there is going to be life superior to ours, and there will be advanced life 10,000 years ahead, 100,000 years ahead and many millions of years ahead.

Therefore, the chance that there is life superior to humans is 1. A certainty. If that is 1, in an infinite Universe, there is many more than 1 superior race.

We have seen no signals from space. This isn't too surprising, because from our own history, after only about 50 years with radio waves, we are now using the spectrum in more complicated waves. Chances are, in another 20 years, there will not be a compressed, multiplexed and encoded signal that would not look like background noise to another civilization. But, wouldn't an advanced and curious race make radio signals that were intended to be encoded and send them out? Probably

So, NOT finding ANY examples of intelligent life, tells me that there must be some over-arching organization of intelligent races that makes sure we do not find evidence. I'm sure that sounds like an oxy-moronic self-justifying rationale for a conspiracy theorist. But I think if you have a perfect likelihood of advanced civilization but no sign of any, then the more advanced civilizations must be contacting the recently radio-ready civilization and guaranteeing that they keep an embargo on communications that would interfere with undeveloped, sentient species.

SETI will not find anything, until someone says it is OK to find something at that someone is not on earth. Humanity must have been contacted for the simple concept that EVERY advanced race that can contact other races gets contacted. The reason for not letting a developing sentience think that there are "Gods" and monsters besides the one's they create out of their own struggles on their own planets, I think are too numerous to bother explaining.

I certainly can see why there would be a policy not to let people know that some super-alien is going to bail them out. We'd be whining that someone didn't solve our cancer issue and blaming them for death -- instead of learning how to solve it ourselves. Such a dependency would crush any development on earth, and make everyone part of a cult, presuming "what the aliens want." We have enough of that already.

>> So, going with the certainty that humanity has been contacted -- and that you can assume the government is covering it up, and that is the same rule for EVERY undeveloped sentient species. Then, looking at the failure of missile shield technology -- whatever knowledge they've imparted has not made it to our MAIN military. The President is out of the loop. There must be two governments.

The shadow government would put in their own "conspiracy theorists" and these people, with knowledge we don't have, could easily become the legitimate authorities. Doing enough disinformation to keep the mainstream from believing them. The Book 1984 showed us that the main dissent group was the government. A downside of policy, would of course be corruption in the privileged classes.

If you KNEW actual facts, and were not working for the government -- you would be ridiculed. If that didn't work you would be dead.

Therefore: Dead conspiracy theorists are more likely to NOT be working for disinformation -- crackpots aside.

just felt like that was an interesting post to read.
similarly, I personally tend to feel like a lot of UFO and ET stuff is disinformation. at least most of it. whether they exist or not.

source

if aliens were to come... ill call this man
independence_day_large_03.jpg

pretty sure this will destroy their ships..

T039873A.jpg
=
atomic-bomb.jpg

Hey OP pass that, and did you catch this? Looks like he came with no weapons :lol:

Back
Top Bottom