The best player in the NBA is on TNT right now

Originally Posted by u ttocs

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Lebron has been the best player in the L the last 3 seasons. Kobe fans still gotta make threads like these to make them think Kobe is still better
laugh.gif
. "Kobe is more skilled overall".....please.... Pau Gasol is more skilled than Dwight, but that dont make him better than Dwight. It's also funny how Kobe fans bring up that hes more skilled, but the argument turns into "Lebron has no championships". If Lebron had this laker supporting cast, Lebron wouldve won a title in 08, last year, and wouldnt have even needed 6 games to beat phoenix. I'd like to know if ANY Kobe fan would honestly start a franchise with Kobe in his prime isntead of Lebron in his prime.
laugh.gif
sorry buddy, i don't think any laker fan would trade lebron's career for kobe's.  i think we're just fine with kobe, nice try though.  you talk about lebron in his prime like he's jordan or something, get the hell outta here
roll.gif
you talkin like Lebron wouldnt win a ring with Kobe's supporting cast
roll.gif
. Please tell me you dont think Lebron can win with that supporting cast, and we can stop arguing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

Lebron has been the best player in the L the last 3 seasons. Kobe fans still gotta make threads like these to make them think Kobe is still better
laugh.gif
. "Kobe is more skilled overall".....please.... Pau Gasol is more skilled than Dwight, but that dont make him better than Dwight. It's also funny how Kobe fans bring up that hes more skilled, but the argument turns into "Lebron has no championships". If Lebron had this laker supporting cast, Lebron wouldve won a title in 08, last year, and wouldnt have even needed 6 games to beat phoenix. I'd like to know if ANY Kobe fan would honestly start a franchise with Kobe in his prime isntead of Lebron in his prime.
This past season only and I chalk that up to all the injuries he played through. Boy avg'd 29 a game this season with a broken index finger. Bron had a sore elbow a couldnt shoot for *!%*. I'll take Pau over Dwight and Kobe in his prime over Bron. Kobe is a threat in every way - can post up, drive, fade away. Bron is just athletic - puts his head down and drives to the hole (hoping for a whistle). I love all the "wouldve" from Bron fans.

Not just this past season, but the last 3 seasons. Yeah, Bron couldnt shoot with a bum elbow, but he still avg 30 a game, with the defenses focusing in on him. Kobe was injured, but ever since Gasol got there, Kobe has gotten iso's in the lower block. In your post you just talk about scoring as if basketball is just about scoring
laugh.gif
. So Kobe is a better scorer, but yet Lebron gets as many points and is better at other aspects of the game

kobe averaged 30 and 10 in the western conference finals.  kobe hit shots over double teams in the close out game on the road, and gasol was a complete non factor.  what the hell are you talking about? 
roll.gif
typical...shouldve expected this response, because scoring is the only thing that matters to you. Gasol was a complete non factor? why dont you check how bad Amare shot today and how many rebounds Amare got. You the same person that thinks Mo is good because he averages 16 points a game but you don't realize that he can't guard ANYONE in the nba

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sorry buddy, i don't think any laker fan would trade lebron's career for kobe's.  i think we're just fine with kobe, nice try though.  you talk about lebron in his prime like he's jordan or something, get the hell outta here
roll.gif
roll.gif
. Please tell me you dont think Lebron can win with that supporting cast, and we can stop arguing
laugh.gif

I dont think Bron can play within the triangle - so yes, Bron wouldnt win a ring with Kobe's supporting cast. You make it sound like Bron had no teamates but no one complained all year long. Cleveland has better shooters and better defenders. Your bench is deeper. You complain now? lol...funny

The best player in the NBA is deciding which team he's gonna sign with this summer.

laugh.gif
This past season only and I chalk that up to all the injuries he played through. Boy avg'd 29 a game this season with a broken index finger. Bron had a sore elbow a couldnt shoot for *!%*. I'll take Pau over Dwight and Kobe in his prime over Bron. Kobe is a threat in every way - can post up, drive, fade away. Bron is just athletic - puts his head down and drives to the hole (hoping for a whistle). I love all the "wouldve" from Bron fans.

Not just this past season, but the last 3 seasons. Yeah, Bron couldnt shoot with a bum elbow, but he still avg 30 a game, with the defenses focusing in on him. Kobe was injured, but ever since Gasol got there, Kobe has gotten iso's in the lower block. In your post you just talk about scoring as if basketball is just about scoring
laugh.gif
. So Kobe is a better scorer, but yet Lebron gets as many points and is better at other aspects of the game

kobe averaged 30 and 10 in the western conference finals.  kobe hit shots over double teams in the close out game on the road, and gasol was a complete non factor.  what the hell are you talking about? 
roll.gif
typical...shouldve expected this response, because scoring is the only thing that matters to you. Gasol was a complete non factor? why dont you check how bad Amare shot today and how many rebounds Amare got. You the same person that thinks Mo is good because he averages 16 points a game but you don't realize that he can't guard ANYONE in the nba

Um, Amare still had 27 points on 20 shot attempts. Gasol only had 7 boards so what are you trying to get at? Bynum was playing Amare with Odom rolling over and the wings collapsing - thats what did it. Fisher gets torched by younger guards in almost every game. you take the good with the bad in every player/matchup.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

I dont think Bron can play within the triangle - so yes, Bron wouldnt win a ring with Kobe's supporting cast. You make it sound like Bron had no teamates but no one complained all year long. Cleveland has better shooters and better defenders. Your bench is deeper. You complain now? lol...funny

So lemme get this straight. The Lakers have Bynum and Gasol, who are the best rebounding/defensive front court in the NBA. They got the best perimeter defender in the league Artest. A "1st all nba defense" defender in Kobe, and Odom coming off the bench, who can guard 4s and 3s... but the CAVS have better defenders????????
roll.gif
Would you rather have better POST Players or better shooters? Yeah, thought so. If you dont think Lebron can win with Kobes supporting cast, then I dont think anything else needs to be said.

Screw this Lebron, Kobe crap. Kobe's better. I'll be up for a debate when Lebron wins a championship. Peace.

i don't care about lebron or what he would do with kobe's supporting cast. i have no clue what lebron would win with this team because i'm not a psychic and if you've watched the games this laker's team is not that great in the first place. the laker's have one of the worst benches in the league, and really no consistent performers outside of kobe. that is the dumbest argument ever because it's not based on any facts. i base my points on facts not on fantasy. i could say lebron would win titles with magic johnson's great supporting cast, does that mean lebron is better than magic johnson? it's elementary school logic.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

So lemme get this straight. The Lakers have Bynum and Gasol, who are the best rebounding/defensive front court in the NBA. They got the best perimeter defender in the league Artest. A "1st all nba defense" defender in Kobe, and Odom coming off the bench, who can guard 4s and 3s... but the CAVS have better defenders????????
roll.gif
Would you rather have better POST Players or better shooters? Yeah, thought so. If you dont think Lebron can win with Kobes supporting cast, then I dont think anything else needs to be said.
just answer one question.  who has performed better in this post season, kobe or lebron?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Lebron had Mo williams, Antoine Jameson, Anthony Parker, Delonte West,Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, Shaq. It's not like Lebron was a one manteam.
-Mo Williams sucks.
-Jamison is a 3rd/4th option
-Anthony Parker sucks
-Delonte West sucks
-Jamario Moon is a D-Leaguer
-Shaq is an obese 37-year-old

Without LeBron the Cavs wouldnt even make the playoffs. Without LeBron the Cavs may not still be in Cleveland. Look no further than the 2007 playoffs and what LeBron did for that team.

What too many Laker fans here fail to realize is that basketball is a TEAM game. Kobe cant do it on his own. Despite putting up 35 ppg, the Lakers were still far from being contenders because Kobe had little help. The same applies to LeBron right now. The man puts up unbelievable numbers each night but that alone isnt enough to win an NBA title. You've got to have a good supporting cast. You've got to have a coach that knows how to draw up in-bound plays. Replace Kobe with LeBron on the Lakers and they'll likely still make the finals. Replace LeBron with Kobe on the Cavs and they'd likely fail in the playoffs. Basketball is a TEAM game. Kobe making the finals on a better TEAM does not necessarily make him a better player than LeBron.

roll.gif
What a lame excuse in defense of your husband Lebron

You forgot the Cavs has the best record in the league for 2 years in the roll right ? You don't get that kind of record by having sucky players. The Cavs are just soft and were out hustled. And oh by the way , Bron did not show up to fight in game 5 and 6 whereas Kobe would have done so. Dude just got a bigger heart than Lebron. In order to be great you must have heart. Lebron certainly didn't have that. Kobe had all 35+ point games ever since the second round and put up a great performance in a close out game in Pheonix.

And skill wise speaking, you can't argue on that either. Kobe > Lebron when it come to basketball skills. If you play ball you should know that by now
Kobe got better footwork, better posting up, better free throw, better jumpshot, better threes, better decision making and he's also super clutch
Lebron > Kobe in the athletic and size department that's it

Kobe my favorite player and Lebron is my second

Lebron had Mo williams, Antoine Jameson, Anthony Parker, Delonte West,Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, Shaq. It's not like Lebron was a one manteam.
-Mo Williams sucks.
-Anthony Parker sucks
-Delonte West sucks

Without LeBron the Cavs wouldnt even make the playoffs. Without LeBron the Cavs may not still be in Cleveland. Look no further than the 2007 playoffs and what LeBron did for that team.

What too many Laker fans here fail to realize is that basketball is a TEAM game. Kobe cant do it on his own. Despite putting up 35 ppg, the Lakers were still far from being contenders because Kobe had little help. The same applies to LeBron right now. The man puts up unbelievable numbers each night but that alone isnt enough to win an NBA title. You've got to have a good supporting cast. You've got to have a coach that knows how to draw up in-bound plays. Replace Kobe with LeBron on the Lakers and they'll likely still make the finals. Replace LeBron with Kobe on the Cavs and they'd likely fail in the playoffs. Basketball is a TEAM game. Kobe making the finals on a better TEAM does not necessarily make him a better player than LeBron.

Are you the only person in this thread that watches basketball?? Evidently so.. What yall fail to realize is that regular season records mean nothing.. the cavs were a flawed team all year long that wasn't built to succeed in the playoffs... Those 60 wins werent all against boston and orlando and when the playoffs came around those were the 2 teams that they still were never better than... Lebron has NO ONE on his team that can create his own shot or demand a double team... Do yall not realize that phoenix AND utah doubled gasol almost everytime he touched the ball..  HE also has NO lock down defender on his team besides himself..  Why should he as a SF have to go guard rondo...  Kobe had a helluva series but at the end of the day it was against PHX.... LEbron woulda averaged a triple double with grant hill, jared dudley, and richardson guarding him for 6 games... let all be serious.. I love kobe but lets see what he does against the Celtics before we go comparing him to lebron again.. Do ya'll not remember what happened the last time kobe played against them in a playoff series.... 

LOL at these Lebron fans and their would have/if statement. Kobe has actual and proven accomplishment while Lebron has what if/what would nonsense statements lol.

Kobe > Lebron

Originally Posted by DKnice

-Mo Williams sucks.
-Anthony Parker sucks
-Delonte West sucks

Are you the only person in this thread that watches basketball?? Evidently so.. What yall fail to realize is that regular season records mean nothing.. the cavs were a flawed team all year long that wasn't built to succeed in the playoffs... Those 60 wins werent all against boston and orlando and when the playoffs came around those were the 2 teams that they still were never better than... Lebron has NO ONE on his team that can create his own shot or demand a double team... Do yall not realize that phoenix AND utah doubled gasol almost everytime he touched the ball..  HE also has NO lock down defender on his team besides himself..  Why should he as a SF have to go guard rondo...  Kobe had a helluva series but at the end of the day it was against PHX.... LEbron woulda averaged a triple double with grant hill, jared dudley, and richardson guarding him for 6 games... let all be serious.. I love kobe but lets see what he does against the Celtics before we go comparing him to lebron again.. Do ya'll not remember what happened the last time kobe played against them in a playoff series.... 

who's had a better post season, lebron or kobe?

This is all you need to know.. No other starter for the cavs would start for the lakerrs.. not even mo williams over d fish come playoff time... the cavs wont even make the playoffs next year without lebron... the lakers would be in the western conference finals with or without kobe this year.. They would still be a contender.... Teams win championships not individuals...

Lamar Odom right now is better than any player Bron has ever played with.

Kobe MIGHT be a better player but you Kobe groupies need to stop talking out ya *@@**.

it's hilarious that these people have to tear down every player on a 60 win team just to defend lebron and make him look better. but i guess lebron fans have nothing better to talk about.

Originally Posted by DKnice

-Mo Williams sucks.
-Anthony Parker sucks
-Delonte West sucks

who's had a better post season, lebron or kobe?

TEam wise Kobe has had a  better post season.. but I mean lebron avearged 27,9 and 7 agains the celctics and they were never even really competitive in the series.. The man had to average 37 and 10 for them to get wins... So to say who's had a better post season is ridicolous...  Do you really think lebron wouldnt do numbers against okc, phx, and utah.. Come one man...  If the cavs played that schedule they'd be in the finals too and we'd be all riding lebron saying how he's the greatest ever..

The way Kobe played tonight makes it safe to assume that none of his teammates are sleeping with his mom. I still say LeBron needs a mid-range and post up game before being considered the best of anything.

It's getting pretty annoying to see people bash the Cavs roster when it's convenient. Someone actually said they wouldn't make the playoffs without LeBron. They are actually saying that Lebron could hop on a lottery team and give them the best record in the league. If that's what LeBron has over Kobe then you might as well put him over Mike as well. It's documented that the Bulls were just a squirrel's fart from reaching the finals during MJ's first retirement.

it's hilarious that these people have to tear down every player on a 60 win team just to defend lebron and make him look better. but i guess lebron fans have nothing better to talk about.
Have the Celtics not proved that regular season don't mean a whole lot?

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Have the Celtics not proved that regular season don't mean a whole lot?
No clearly this guy up here thinks that jamison, shaq, and mo williams is a championship supporting cast..You dont have to tear them down to realize that that is not a championship contending supporting cast....  Real veteran teams dont even start playing until the playoffs.. There is no point.. Didnt atlanta have a better regular season record than bosttn, hell so did phx

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Lamar Odom right now is better than any player Bron has ever played with.

Kobe MIGHT be a better player but you Kobe groupies need to stop talking out ya *@@**.
LMAO! What a BS statement. This just a quick pull....

Jamison career stats 19.8 ppg 8.1 boards FG% .456 FT% .728 3PT% .347
Lamar career stats   14.6 ppg 8.9 boards FG% .463 FT% .701 3PT% .315 

you have to take into account your teammates to evaluate how good a player is, ESPECIALLY when it comes to championships...but you dont understand that. you want to know who had a better post season, but AGAIN, it has to do with the team that you have around you.

Back
Top Bottom