The best player in the NBA is on TNT right now

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Originally Posted by u ttocs

it's hilarious that these people have to tear down every player on a 60 win team just to defend lebron and make him look better. but i guess lebron fans have nothing better to talk about.
you have to take into account your teammates to evaluate how good a player is, ESPECIALLY when it comes to championships...but you dont understand that. you want to know who had a better post season, but AGAIN, it has to do with the team that you have around you. 

Wasnt everyones biggest reason why Bron > Kobe was how great he made everyone around him but you say they all suck?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

it's hilarious that these people have to tear down every player on a 60 win team just to defend lebron and make him look better. but i guess lebron fans have nothing better to talk about.
you have to take into account your teammates to evaluate how good a player is, ESPECIALLY when it comes to championships...but you dont understand that. you want to know who had a better post season, but AGAIN, it has to do with the team that you have around you. 

Wasnt everyones biggest reason why Bron > Kobe was how great he made everyone around him but you say they all suck?
laugh.gif
only so much u can do when guys cant finish layups, or defend the other team when it counts the most. he can get his teammates open looks all day, but they have to finish. he can shut down paul pierce and provide help defense, but he can't defend pierce, rondo, and kg at the same time. But yea, theres no debate about who's a better passer

Lebron has been the best player in the L the last 3 seasons. Kobe fans still gotta make threads like these to make them think Kobe is still better
laugh.gif
. "Kobe is more skilled overall".....please.... Pau Gasol is more skilled than Dwight, but that dont make him better than Dwight. It's also funny how Kobe fans bring up that hes more skilled, but the argument turns into "Lebron has no championships". If Lebron had this laker supporting cast, Lebron wouldve won a title in 08, last year, and wouldnt have even needed 6 games to beat phoenix. I'd like to know if ANY Kobe fan would honestly start a franchise with Kobe in his prime isntead of Lebron in his prime.
laugh.gif
sorry buddy, i don't think any laker fan would trade lebron's career for kobe's.  i think we're just fine with kobe, nice try though.  you talk about lebron in his prime like he's jordan or something, get the hell outta here
roll.gif
you talkin like Lebron wouldnt win a ring with Kobe's supporting cast
roll.gif
. Please tell me you dont think Lebron can win with that supporting cast, and we can stop arguing
laugh.gif

I dont think Bron can play within the triangle - so yes, Bron wouldnt win a ring with Kobe's supporting cast. You make it sound like Bron had no teamates but no one complained all year long. Cleveland has better shooters and better defenders. Your bench is deeper. You complain now? lol...funny

So lemme get this straight. The Lakers have Bynum and Gasol, who are the best rebounding/defensive front court in the NBA. They got the best perimeter defender in the league Artest. A "1st all nba defense" defender in Kobe, and Odom coming off the bench, who can guard 4s and 3s... but the CAVS have better defenders????????
roll.gif
Would you rather have better POST Players or better shooters? Yeah, thought so. If you dont think Lebron can win with Kobes supporting cast, then I dont think anything else needs to be said.

LO can defend?
eek.gif

and Shaq>>>>>Bynum this year. Shaq was working hard in the post-season.

Our bench is buns... Odom is most definitly inconsistent.

Pau... yea he works hard.

Artest- well he can defend, but his shooting is
sick.gif

and Fish who doesnt start playing until the 6 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Lamar Odom right now is better than any player Bron has ever played with.

Kobe MIGHT be a better player but you Kobe groupies need to stop talking out ya *@@**.
LMAO! What a BS statement. This just a quick pull....

Jamison career stats 19.8 ppg 8.1 boards FG% .456 FT% .728 3PT% .347
Lamar career stats   14.6 ppg 8.9 boards FG% .463 FT% .701 3PT% .315 

lmao...son somtimes stats dont tell the whole story.. lol jamison would be shipped out so fast for odom it would make your head spin.. stats dont always tell the ull story bruh.. LO is better than any teamate lebron has ever had and by you comparing LO to Jamison you just proved that point... I hope you're not a Lakers fan cause you have severely undervalued LO.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Lamar Odom right now is better than any player Bron has ever played with.

Kobe MIGHT be a better player but you Kobe groupies need to stop talking out ya *@@**.
LMAO! What a BS statement. This just a quick pull....

Jamison career stats 19.8 ppg 8.1 boards FG% .456 FT% .728 3PT% .347
Lamar career stats   14.6 ppg 8.9 boards FG% .463 FT% .701 3PT% .315 

This is also just a quick pull:
Lebron career stats 27.8 ppg, 7.1 rebs, 47.5% FG, 7 Assists, 32.9% threes
Kobe career stats 25.3 ppg, 5.3 rebs, 45.5% FG, 4.7 Assists, 34% threes

using your thinking, lebron>kobe, but obviously you wouldnt use these stats because it's not convenient for you
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Lebron has been the best player in the L the last 3 seasons. Kobe fans still gotta make threads like these to make them think Kobe is still better
laugh.gif
. "Kobe is more skilled overall".....please.... Pau Gasol is more skilled than Dwight, but that dont make him better than Dwight. It's also funny how Kobe fans bring up that hes more skilled, but the argument turns into "Lebron has no championships". If Lebron had this laker supporting cast, Lebron wouldve won a title in 08, last year, and wouldnt have even needed 6 games to beat phoenix. I'd like to know if ANY Kobe fan would honestly start a franchise with Kobe in his prime isntead of Lebron in his prime.
laugh.gif
sorry buddy, i don't think any laker fan would trade lebron's career for kobe's.  i think we're just fine with kobe, nice try though.  you talk about lebron in his prime like he's jordan or something, get the hell outta here
roll.gif
you talkin like Lebron wouldnt win a ring with Kobe's supporting cast
roll.gif
. Please tell me you dont think Lebron can win with that supporting cast, and we can stop arguing
laugh.gif

I dont think Bron can play within the triangle - so yes, Bron wouldnt win a ring with Kobe's supporting cast. You make it sound like Bron had no teamates but no one complained all year long. Cleveland has better shooters and better defenders. Your bench is deeper. You complain now? lol...funny

So lemme get this straight. The Lakers have Bynum and Gasol, who are the best rebounding/defensive front court in the NBA. They got the best perimeter defender in the league Artest. A "1st all nba defense" defender in Kobe, and Odom coming off the bench, who can guard 4s and 3s... but the CAVS have better defenders????????
roll.gif
Would you rather have better POST Players or better shooters? Yeah, thought so. If you dont think Lebron can win with Kobes supporting cast, then I dont think anything else needs to be said.

LO can defend?
eek.gif

and Shaq>>>>>Bynum this year. Shaq was working hard in the post-season.

Our bench is buns... Odom is most definitly inconsistent.

Pau... yea he works hard.

Artest- well he can defend, but his shooting is
sick.gif

and Fish who doesnt start playing until the 6 minute mark of the 4th quarter.
yea Odom might not be a great defender, and artest might be a great shooter, but they are still better than anyone the cavs have. id take those 2 guys anyday over the bums the cavs have, and so would you.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

The way Kobe played tonight makes it safe to assume that none of his teammates are sleeping with his mom. I still say LeBron needs a mid-range and post up game before being considered the best of anything.

It's getting pretty annoying to see people bash the Cavs roster when it's convenient. Someone actually said they wouldn't make the playoffs without LeBron. They are actually saying that Lebron could hop on a lottery team and give them the best record in the league. If that's what LeBron has over Kobe then you might as well put him over Mike as well. It's documented that the Bulls were just a squirrel's fart from reaching the finals during MJ's first retirement.
Why bring Mike up in this convo... The bulls supporting cast cant even be compared to the cavs lol..  you also forgot to mention that pippen finished in the top 5 for mvp voting that year jordan sat out.  Who does lebron have on his team that is capable of doing that???  And i would be willing to bet any amount of money that the Cavs will NOT make the playoffs next year if lebron leaves..  What playoffs is a team with a nucleus of jamison, shaq, and mo williams going to make?  shaq and jamison cant play major minutes and neither one of them can dfend anymore so how are they gonna make the playoffs?  And call it crazy but you put lebron on any team in the NBa and tey instantly become a contender.. well maybe every team except the warriors... the point is you serously underestimate the impact that lebron has on that cavs team.. HE is the engine for that Cavs team.

Those who think LeWack is better than Kobe are morons. Shouldi think lebron is the best because he is a great athlete and specimen? NO he has not won Jack. No way he makes the shots Kobe made

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Plus lebron is a quitter and a poor poor sport
be quiet son. you sound like a fifth grader with your elementary school arguments....  And for the final time... TEAMS win championships not INDIVIDUALS and not COACHES.... there has never been a bad team win it all, and theres never been a guy to do it by himself and win it all, the NBA  just doenst work that way, so this talk to me when lebron wins a ring crap is nonsense....  What does that have to do with comparing 2 individuals..  We already know that Kobe has been blessed enough to play with way more talented players, thats not the argument..

Originally Posted by DKnice

be quiet son. you sound like a fifth grader with your elementary school arguments....  And for the final time... TEAMS win championships not INDIVIDUALS and not COACHES.... there has never been a bad team win it all, and theres never been a guy to do it by himself and win it all, the NBA  just doenst work that way, so this talk to me when lebron wins a ring crap is nonsense....  What does that have to do with comparing 2 individuals..  We already know that Kobe has been blessed enough to play with way more talented players, thats not the argument..
Oh the irony. Look at your comment -what does that has to do with comparing skill between two great players ? But back to the topic. How can you not agree that Kobe is better than Lebron skill wise speaking ? Basketball is a team sport yes but every team need at least a superstar to take over game when they need to.

Lebron has all the physical gifted traits yet he still can't take over game when his team need him to. He just can't shoot threes like Kobe and doesn't have a midrange game to bail him out when team is blocking his path to the rim. You Lebron fans are just in denial of the fact that Kobe is better . Yea Lebron is watching Kobe right now in the Finals just like he did for the past 3 seasons. It must sucks to think about having to play another 82 games just to get to the playoff again next season
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DKnice

Seriously just listen to yourself.

You use the same tired excuses.

You can throw every stat at Laker fans & Kobe fans like ESPN & John Hollinger do to argue and defend why you think Lebron is the is the best player on the planet today.

But it's plain simple & easy to see outside of the stats or quality of teammates that Kobe has that killer instinct, he's clutch and delivers when the game is on the line, Kobe works on ways to improve his game as he gets older by doing stuff like improving his post up game by seeking out Hakeem Olajuwon. Kobe has a lot more shooting range and is has a better mid range game than Lebron. Yes Lebron has improved defensively to where he's a great shot blocker and help defender but it's clear to see that Kobe still is the better on the ball defender where he can shut down & lock up a PG, SG, or SF anytime he chooses to play that defense.

Also the degree of difficulty he hits on a lot of his jumpers, fade aways, reverse layups is just insane. Tonight alone in the 3rd & 4th quarter he had stretches in the game where he hit 3 or 4 in a row. You just dont see this that much or on a consistent basis with Lebron.

Kobe's clutch shots & game winners alone this season which like 7 game winners is crazy. Lebron you get 1 or 2 a season.

These are some of things that separate Kobe over Lebron right now.

Seriously if Lebron hooks up with Chris Bosh or Dwyne Wade this summer on any team.

I wonder what Lebron fans will say then if Lebron still can't win a championship with them in a year or 2 down the road.

You cant make any more excuse for Lebron anymore, as great as he is...every year..EVERY YEAR, for the past couple seasons...they have been picked the FAVORITES to win it all..ESPECIALLY this year......but since they didnt win it, yall gonna go back and complain how wack his team is...
Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Dudes are sleeping:

Andy Verejao
J.J. Hickson
Delonte West
Zydrunas Ilgauskus
Boobie Gibson
Leon Powe
Jamario Moon
Jawad Williams
Sebastion Telfair

outacontrol music wrote:
Cavs have 3 starters from a 66 win team last year coming off the bench. They have a top3 3pt shooter in Gibson, and a future starting PF in JJ Hickson. I personally like ours over the Lakers, Magic or the Celts.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

EnEye... you really believe Lebron is 2nd, who is first to you and why?
Hell no.  Reread my post.  That was "NT's opinion"...

Bron is easily the best player in the world.  But NT as a whole seems to think a certain someone is still better.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Also, how many teams have 13 players who average more than 10 minutes a game...
nerd.gif

All bias aside:

#1: ORL
#2: CLE
Originally Posted by agold1002

first of all this thread means nothing because everyone knows the playoff rotation is at most 9....and for the cavs not to be mentioned by a non-cavs fan is pretty pathetic...

and by the way anyone saying that we barely beat an old spurs team or lost to the bucks without lebron needs to remember shaq and z were both out and jamison was out for the second half of the spurs game.

Playoff Bench...
Varajeo
West
Z
Moon/Williams
/Thread

So let me get this straight...Bron is the BEST player in the world (according to Cavs fans)...and have the BEST/DEEPEST bench in the world(according to Cavs fans)..but they still fail to get the finals???

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Seriously if Lebron hooks up with Chris Bosh or Dwyne Wade this summer on any team.

I wonder what Lebron fans will say then if Lebron still can't win a championship with them in a year or 2 down the road.

there will be nothing to say because he will win. he'll finally have someone to help him out, something kobe has had in almost every year of his entire career.

Seriously how do Lebron fans come in here saying Lebron has such a weak supporting cast of teammates and use that as a main excuse for why he hasn't won a ring yet?

Kobe during the 2005-2006 & 2006-2007 seasons had:

Smush Parker as his starting PG for 2 years. This guy sucks so bad that he isn't even in the league anymore and was last seen playing in some league in China.

Kwame Brown as his starting Center for 2 years.

Heck and Kobe still got those Laker teams into the playoffs while racking up insane stats those years. Like 35 point per game scoring average during 05-06 season. The highest scoring average since Michael Jordan averaged 37 a game back in the mid 80.

The 81 point game.
The 63 point game in 3 quarters.

Both done in the same season. 05-06/

The stretch where Kobe had like a 9 game scoring streak with 40 or more points in each of those games.

there will be nothing to say because he will win. he'll finally have someone to help him out, something kobe has had in almost every year of his entire career.
There's no guarantees in life. Which you sound like your doing or sound certain Lebron will win a champion if he hooks up with another superstar.

For all we know Lebron could go his entire career without winning a single championship.

A good erxample is Tracy McGrady. Back in his prime when he was healthy and was winning scoring title while playing for the Magic a ton of people on here always use to say then "Man if TMac had a better team around he would be winning championships". Look what happened and how it turned out for him when he got his wish and got paired up with Yao Ming. TMac still has no rings.

Yeah we all know people are going to say "Well injuries is what ruined his career" excuse.

There's no guarantees in life. 

This sounds awfully like what Jazz fans were saying about Malone and Stockton. Then look what happened.

Lebron fans are in a state of denial right now. A few weeks ago there was NOTHING wrong with the Cavaliers. They were the best team and were going to win the title. You had these clown #!# Cav/Lebron fans popping in random threads trying to talk trash.

Lebron shoots 36% in all of the losses VS the Celtics and averages a handful of turnovers, and all the sudden his team sucks and back comes the excuses from last year.

Give it up.

There's only one King and it isn't Lebron. At this point, any NBA Legend/Player would tell you Kobe > Lebron.

Like someone said a few pages back. Lebron is freakishly atheltic, but his SKILL is no where near Kobe's. Hell there's a few guys i'm sure you can name that have more skill than Bron.

It's alright though. Lebrons team sucked, same excuse that will be used until he wins a title.

To think dudes actually tried to mix him in with MJ winning a title after 7 years. Lmaoo...

There's no guarantees in life. Which you sound like your doing or sound certain Lebron will win a champion if he hooks up with another superstar.

For all we know Lebron could go his entire career without winning a single championship.

When the lakers traded for Pau Gasol I thought they were for sure gonna beat the Celtics, I was wrong.

Seriously how do Lebron fans come in here saying Lebron has such a weak supporting cast of teammates and use that as a main excuse for why he hasn't won a ring yet?

Kobe during the 2005-2006 & 2006-2007 seasons had:

Smush Parker as his starting PG for 2 years. This guy sucks so bad that he isn't even in the league anymore and was last seen playing in some league in China.

Kwame Brown as his starting Center for 2 years.

Heck and Kobe still got those Laker teams into the playoffs while racking up insane stats those years. Like 35 point per game scoring average during 05-06 season. The highest scoring average since Michael Jordan averaged 37 a game back in the mid 80.

The 81 point game.
The 63 point game in 3 quarters.

Both done in the same season. 05-06/

The stretch where Kobe had like a 9 game scoring streak with 40 or more points in each of those games.
Answer this question: Can any one player win a championship with the supporting cast that Lebron has?

In 05-06 I thought Kobe was truly an MVP, but I don't see how that helps your argument. So what, Kobe had bum teammates and they never competed for a title. Lebron has bum teammates and at least they compete for a title.

Back
Top Bottom