The Bicycle Thread

It’s suppose to be tight but not to a point where it’s uncomfortable or restrictive. what size is it? Let know if you want to sell it.
I am a large with everything so tried a large with the Jersey. Perhaps it will stretch after a couple of wears.

Cycling stuff in general runs small - and Rapha is definitely like that. I really like their shorts but I had one of their jerseys a few years and it was just too short - although the sleeves were too long.

I switched to a UK brand called Torm and they are great - Merino wool and much longer so fit me well. I have 3 now - long sleeved, shorter sleeved and lightweight - which is fine for all but the warmest summer days.

Probably too much for the US summer though.

Rapha is so damn expensive. :lol:
Yes, but it seems to be more accessible and cheaper that a lot of the others. It last pretty long.

Rapha Pro Team Training is the best to me. I was upset with quality of bibs, until the wife reminded me I ride a minimum of 25miles a day/ 7 days a week rotating between two kits. I've had my current set since Spring 2018.

I was wearing Nike dri fit stuff which worked out fine and just some cheap cycling shorts cause I had no idea what a bib was really for with the straps. Now my shorts are always dropping below my butt crack and wish I just bought what everyone else was using. Now I live in an area where the summers are about 80-90 degrees weather so even wearing normal shirts get you way too hot for your own good.

The Palace pro team jersey was only about $130 or so but I am not sure what to compare it to. It could be the same quality as a jersey you can buy for half the price but at least if I don't wear it, I can get more than double what I paid for if I sell it.

Yea bibs are a MUST at the minimum. Depending what type of ride I am going on too I just wear whatever on top. If im not going crazy I sometimes just throw a workout tee on top of my bibs. I typically just wear a jersey though for the storage and the ability to unzip on hotter stints.

There was a brand I bought I gotta look it up and ill post it in here. But it is more geared towards gravel. Fits more like a shirt but still has the waist band and the back storage pockets. I like them too for casual or gravel/MTB

I was wearing Nike dri fit stuff which worked out fine and just some cheap cycling shorts cause I had no idea what a bib was really for with the straps. Now my shorts are always dropping below my butt crack and wish I just bought what everyone else was using. Now I live in an area where the summers are about 80-90 degrees weather so even wearing normal shirts get you way too hot for your own good.

The Palace pro team jersey was only about $130 or so but I am not sure what to compare it to. It could be the same quality as a jersey you can buy for half the price but at least if I don't wear it, I can get more than double what I paid for if I sell it.

Found the jersey I bought. They are more relaxed shirt fitting. But they wick and jade back storage. Check them out. I enjoyed them.

Can someone suggest a bike for ya boi

Had a trek in the past but it’s time is up

Going to be on mostly smooth trails like lake shore drive

Open to anything really

Open to anything really
Anytime someone asks me what bike to buy I ask them the following:

1. Type - Road, Gravel, Hybrid, BMX, Fixie and Mountian
2. Price range

We are in stage 1 drought conditions in NYC and the only good thing about it is I haven't had to cancel a ride all summer. Don't think I've spent as much time behind bars as I have this summer since the 1st summer of the pandemic.

Open to anything really
Need to know your experience riding, how many miles you plan on riding, what kind of shape are you in.

I usually do 10 to 30 miles

But that was with a big body trek with the thick mountain tires

I feel like with a road bike I’ll average more miles

I’m in decent shape. Around 15% body fat, lift and do other cardio 4-5 times a week

Need to know your experience riding, how many miles you plan on riding, what kind of shape are you in.

I used to think like but I’ve some wild things out on the road. I‘ve see some very big and very old folks riding. There was a time I would ride 60 miles a day I noticed a very old man that rode his bike leaning extremely to one side and very slow, but he rode very long distances. One day I notice him get out his car with a walker, walk around the back of his car and retrieve his bike.

Then the very fat cats riding race bikes in a very aggressive stance.

I usually do 10 to 30 miles

But that was with a big body trek with the thick mountain tires

I feel like with a road bike I’ll average more miles

I’m in decent shape. Around 15% body fat, lift and do other cardio 4-5 times a week
Id say either get a gravel bike or a endurance geometry road bike that has clearance for bigger tires. What’s your budget?

Road or hybrid

100 to 1000
follow-up question is a) do you like working on bikes, b) are you ok with buying used (or getting parts and putting it together yourself)?

going used opens up a lot more but you'll have to put in significant time learning what parts are compatible and how to change things out.

as for road vs gravel vs hybrid, it really comes down to your preference. the lakefront is pretty well maintained so you can get away with any sort of tire.

Last edited:
Finally. 365 days after crashing my beloved 2015 SuperSix EVO HM, a 2022 SuperSix EVO HM Dura-Ace Di2 has come into my life. More pics coming after the fitting, but this gunmetal green color has got me falling in love. Please check my short teaser clip on IG Reels.
E75CB86F-A0CC-4C8A-8A15-FD867D5C915F.jpeg
8E31177D-D906-446B-A803-EB7FEFDDCFD7.jpeg

13CACC18-A031-4EEA-83A1-52F9D3FD943C.jpeg

Attachments

• 12BEC0F2-4375-4E60-A54D-AB40C1B5EC4B.jpeg
    12BEC0F2-4375-4E60-A54D-AB40C1B5EC4B.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom