The Bicycle Thread

Finally. 365 days after crashing my beloved 2015 SuperSix EVO HM, a 2022 SuperSix EVO HM Dura-Ace Di2 has come into my life. More pics coming after the fitting, but this gunmetal green color has got me falling in love. Please check my short teaser clip on IG Reels.
E75CB86F-A0CC-4C8A-8A15-FD867D5C915F.jpeg
8E31177D-D906-446B-A803-EB7FEFDDCFD7.jpeg

13CACC18-A031-4EEA-83A1-52F9D3FD943C.jpeg

congrats. looks great.

I think we have the same tires :nerd:

Finally. 365 days after crashing my beloved 2015 SuperSix EVO HM, a 2022 SuperSix EVO HM Dura-Ace Di2 has come into my life. More pics coming after the fitting, but this gunmetal green color has got me falling in love. Please check my short teaser clip on IG Reels.
E75CB86F-A0CC-4C8A-8A15-FD867D5C915F.jpeg
8E31177D-D906-446B-A803-EB7FEFDDCFD7.jpeg

13CACC18-A031-4EEA-83A1-52F9D3FD943C.jpeg

Either EVO Ultegra or Cervelo Ultegra S5 is my next bike. Yep, I’m on the Tour De France hype train. LOL

It’s fairly straightforward - especially on an alloy stem. You just have to make sure you get the length right - too short and your fork is scrap - and then cut it straight.

Carbon takes a special saw blade and a little more care.

Whoa whoa whoa. Slamming your stem looks waaaaay better to me than a 7 spacer steerer. You can ride comfortably/generate power and have an aesthetically-pleasing bike at the same time.

agree on both points. I think I only had one bike where a slammed or near slammed stem wasn’t bearable. Still get a bike fit though 👍

Even if you do get a fit the first thing to do is to move the spacers around and ride it like that - gives the same stem position but with no cutting. Looks stupid if you have a big stack above the stem but it's just temporary until you know where you want it.

I don't like the slammed look - I always leave a small spacer underneath, and sometimes a thin one on top - gives a bit of adjustment and also I think it looks better. The stem right down on the headset doesn't look right to me.

Anyone here know anything about vintage road bikes, in particular Peugeot bikes from I believe the 80s? There is one for sale local to me and I was trying to figure out how much it is worth and if I should grab it.

Anyone here know anything about vintage road bikes, in particular Peugeot bikes from I believe the 80s? There is one for sale local to me and I was trying to figure out how much it is worth and if I should grab it.
If you're looking to grab it with the thought that you'll clean it up, do some work to it and flip it for a nice profit, go ahead and leave it be right where it sits.

If you want it just because you would like to have a vintage bike to ride around, know that without looking at it, I would personally expect to spend anywhere from $200 (chain & tires) to $500 (chain, tires, derailleur, cables, spokes) to get it running smooth.

-foe

If you're looking to grab it with the thought that you'll clean it up, do some work to it and flip it for a nice profit, go ahead and leave it be right where it sits.

If you want it just because you would like to have a vintage bike to ride around, know that without looking at it, I would personally expect to spend anywhere from $200 (chain & tires) to $500 (chain, tires, derailleur, cables, spokes) to get it running smooth.

-foe

Definitely the latter, just want something to ride and keep because I am a fan of Peugeot.

He was asking $350 for it so if I have to drop another few hundred bucks on it I might pass.

He said tires are great, but the derailleur, chain and stuff looks to be original. I'll try to DM you a couple pics of it later.

Hey guys, any idea approx how much this is worth? Someone has it for sale and I was debating throwing them an offer. Thanks

2007 Trek Madone 5.5 SL
Drive train has Dura Ace 10 speed shifters, front derailleur, rear derailleur, and cassette, combined with a Bontrager XXX Lite carbon crank set. Crankset is a 50-34, cassette is a 12-27. Right at 17 lbs. pedals are SPD Shimano and included.
Tires are 700x25.
Saddle is a Specialized Romin Expert.

Crashed my CAAD12 a few weeks back. Decided to break it down and rebuild it with Di2.

Road Bike prices in my size (60) are a bit OD right now. $3,249.99 for a Émonda SL 5 Disc w/ 105 is outrageous.

Crashed my CAAD12 a few weeks back. Decided to break it down and rebuild it with Di2.

Road Bike prices in my size (60) are a bit OD right now. $3,249.99 for a Émonda SL 5 Disc w/ 105 is outrageous.

Yeah I'm also in the market for the bikes for taller people and noticed not to many and the ones for sale are crazy priced.

Back
Top Bottom