The Bicycle Thread

I feel like the fixie craze has finally died off. A lot of even online shops I used to see that sell fixies are back to road bikes or BMX. Even Low bike frames are mostly showing and selling road bikes.

This thing is a beaut.

Yeah I wouldn't mind being able to switch from a single speed to a fixie but right now I want a single speed.

Even now I don't really switch from one speed when I'm on mybroad bike.

Not sure if I should go for a Bianchi Pista or Cinelli. Forgot the name of the Cinelli, but I'm in the market for a single speed.

Or I can just say **** it and get the Affinity Lo Pro which would be my ideal buy. Only issue is for any of those bikes I'd need it complete.

Sadly there aren't too many shops in my area that offer fixies/single speeds. I'd even consider going out of state to buy if I can get it complete and try it out. Probably PA,NJ, or NY.

Cinelli Vigorelli?

My boy rides a Lo Pro, i'm honestly not a fan of bikes with pursuit geometry but go ahead and do you. I think the main affinity site sells complete lo pro's but they taxin like $2k :sick:

2007 (!) langster 52cm. Bought it new from Bicycle Habitat. Changed the handle bars, wheels, tires and clips. I still enjoy riding it every now and then. 42/16 gearing is kinda short but its perfect for getting around in the city.

3371DB06-11D2-4451-8299-08FD0F7846D0 (1).jpg

Cinelli Vigorelli?

My boy rides a Lo Pro, i'm honestly not a fan of bikes with pursuit geometry but go ahead and do you. I think the main affinity site sells complete lo pro's but they taxin like $2k :sick:
Yeah I think that's the cinelli. Yeah the Lo Pro has to be something I try out before I buy. I'd like to build my bike but not really sure what I'm doing.

You're right tho the built Affinity's are stupid expensive

2007 (!) langster 52cm. Bought it new from Bicycle Habitat. Changed the handle bars, wheels, tires and clips. I still enjoy riding it every now and then. 42/16 gearing is kinda short but its perfect for getting around in the city.

3371DB06-11D2-4451-8299-08FD0F7846D0 (1).jpg

niceee

your shoes don't get messed up riding with metal toe clips?

Yeah I think that's the cinelli. Yeah the Lo Pro has to be something I try out before I buy. I'd like to build my bike but not really sure what I'm doing.

You're right tho the built Affinity's are stupid expensive

if you're mechanically inclined, then you can build your own bike

i like working on my own car and i have some tools, so putting together my bike was no big deal

I got mine on Craigslist like 8 years ago from someone that had it new. Check locally at just bike shops. If you are looking for a Bianchi Super Pista, eBay has frames up too. That Celest green is more expensive oddly. Here is a white one on eBay for $600 (retail is like $700-800) free shipping: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bianchi-Su...011278?hash=item59184122ce:g:Ws4AAOSwXMxcCDLe

But are a ton of frames and brands to look into. It's kind of overwhelming to be honest cause there are comments parts to figure out, saddles, brakes, etc. I would recommend a road bike cause for the gears but fixies are the cooler and cheaper option. I went the local bike route cause I needed to sit on the bike and take it for a test ride. Buying online seemed so iffy cause I just wasn't sure what size I was. Also when you buy locally, you get a year of free tune ups which online shops don't provide.

And if you really don't care, those State Bikes and City Ground bikes could be options and won't break the bank.
nice nice, this would be a fun project

Any of you familiar with All City bikes? They the goods? Local shop carries the brand might go check out their single speeds

Any of you familiar with All City bikes? They the goods? Local shop carries the brand might go check out their single speeds
I think they are a budget brand but there are slot of more budget brands out there like State that are fine. I mean unless you are competing or want a carbon fiber frame, this bikes are fine for general computing and riding around.

Just got this email but some State Bikes for only $300. I am sure the components aren’t good but if you just want a bike for a budget, this might be an option.

I dig this one:

Think I'm gonna go for the All City. Bit more then I wanted to pay but it checks off most of my requirements

Do you all clip in all the time? I practically never do. Padded shorts are a must, but I don't like the feeling of clipping in, I really don't.

rode around with MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain today in my city, shout outs to him, he a real close friend of mine <3
50095547683_5b3199e402_b.jpg

50096356737_c9372c5407_b.jpg

50095547648_7a97bf15c4_b.jpg

bonus picture of my brother bicycle, excuse the mess. he told me his stand was about $150 usd btw for those looking for one (considering he has a park tool stand, you could probably get one for cheaper than that i think)
50095623723_5ede3fecc5_b.jpg
My man! With the pics

Pasadena was beautiful

Back
Top Bottom