The Bicycle Thread

FORTY FIVE?! BRUH!!

nah that can't be right, the app must have started recording while i was driving

it was a light ride, we weren't gunning it...i wanna say my top speed was like 21mph

rode around with MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain today in my city, shout outs to him, he a real close friend of mine :blush:
50095547683_5b3199e402_b.jpg

50096356737_c9372c5407_b.jpg

50095547648_7a97bf15c4_b.jpg

bonus picture of my brother's bicycle, excuse the mess. he told me his stand was about $150 usd btw for those looking for one (considering he has a park tool stand, you could probably get one for cheaper than that i think)
50095623723_5ede3fecc5_b.jpg

what size is his super pista? need detailed pics of the bike and components

off the bat i see he has Omnium cranks

what size is his super pista? need detailed pics of the bike and components

off the bat i see he has Omnium cranks
it's pretty generic tbh, not sure how to explain it. nothing fancier than what is present. it's a 51
i can post my steel 2008 pista in a bit (just lazy and depressed), my part list is listed on the front page i just deleted the photos and i don't rock the aerospoke anymore, just my regular wheelset.

My Giant OCR2. 🤙
20200709_201102.jpg

Man, my days of super long rides are definitely behind me, at least for now. Something to work back up to. 😂😬
20200709_192455.jpg

And you know, because it's NT, I had to keep up with the WDYWT vibe 😂🤷‍♂️ :
20200709_193825.jpg

LOVE the Zoom Challenges!!! I still wear my pair from time to time. 👍

whats max yall would pay for this
With the components and everything the way he has it set up, that's easily a $2k bike brand new. Bianchi frame, carbon fork, seat post, and wheels, FSA chain ring, 105 & Ultegra components, and he has it in VERY nice condition. MAN!

Honestly, the $1200 he's asking is fair, but I would approach him with $1k cash, and $200 in another pocket in case he was firm on the $1200.

Why? They’re not faster and I love the extra cushion of 25s - in fact I’m thinking of trying 28s next time.
makes me feel like lance armstrong.

but these25s have tread where as the 23's are LRR i would assume they are a tad faster

Buddy posted an elevation gain of almost a 1/2 a mile. I get excited with an elevation gain of a few 100 feet. 😂😬🤷‍♂️

Really had to push myself to knock this out tonight. Been working since 5 this morning, and hopped on my bike at about 7:00 p.m., already drained from work with my knees and ankles killing me. Trying to lose 20 pounds, though.

Bruh it HURTS.

20200711_212517.jpg

^ TONS of people use Strava. I don't. I have a Garmin bike computer, and I just use the Garmin Connect app. Before I had a Garmin, I just used mapmyride.

There are so many apps, man.

Hell nah.

Joint had my heart racing.

I was born in Cali and half that state is built on a damn mountain.

I use to spend my summers there and one day my brother, cousins and I got the bright idea to take on a steep *** hill similar to the ones in this vid. Only difference was our hill was a straight shot and steeper.

Our dumb asses walked up there with our bikes for a good 45 minutes until we got tired than rode down.

I must've hit a good 50 mph that day.

The only reason I estimate it at that speed is because my oldest cousin's father cycled as a hobby. He'd given my cousin his old road bike which was super legit. It was a solid cycle that cost in the 4 figure range.

Anyway, he was in front of us all and his bike had one of those speedometers and it clocked him at 60-65 mph. They're not perfect but they do give a decent ballpark.

Meanwhile, I was on an old BMX purchased from the flea market that had NO BRAKES.

I had to break with my feet to stop from zooming through an intersection. The bottom of those J's was torched after that.

P.S I had no helmet and was 12.

Back
Top Bottom