The Bicycle Thread

Grabbed a new bike rack. I live in a pretty small space, so upwards storage is optimal. Super easy to assemble, too.

20200810_213530.jpg
your pic here inspired me to post my own bike rack, some cheap one i bought during a garage sale YEARSSS ago.
it kind of looks like a weird ladder without the bikes on there :lol:
50213631257_191c983aa3_b.jpg

unfortunately they're all my bikes but barely have time to ride them all (white aluminum behind pista is a leader 721), also still working to change my pista to a more "casual" track bike with risers and plastic bmx pedals with velcro straps. I'll let go of that thompson stem on the bianchi if anybody wants it [25.4] :nerd:

bmx has been a little more exciting to me just because hitting plastic pegs on anything is so fun but i will admit I've been going through MAD sneakers lately because of "braking" :blush:

Finally arrived
Gonna rain the next 5 days smh

20200810_123232.jpg

Naw but for real, where'd you cop the helmet? Was gonna cop a Giro Syntax but i couldn't find a good deal on a color i liked

buying some new bike stuff, i figured id shop amazon since most bike shops r sold out

was gunna grab some pedals, white pair for the bianchi and black for the specialized, what yall think?
i might buy some straps to keep my feet on the pedals
Amazon product ASIN B07QLLCWGH
da specialized has some 700x24cs on there that are cracked.
was thinking of picking up these which are 25-622 which should still fit right? i have them on my bianchi and no complaints so far. is it worth putting in new tubes at the same time?
Amazon product ASIN B07L4XC2Z5

was looking at these tubes
Amazon product ASIN B01FG3PJ24
might cop a pump too to throw in my saddle bag, if any of u can recommend one for a road bike tire

Tubes are tubes bro, i wouldn't spend the money for "higher-end" ones.

As for a pump, i've been recommended a brand called Lezyne.

your pic here inspired me to post my own bike rack, some cheap one i bought during a garage sale YEARSSS ago.

unfortunately they're all my bikes but barely have time to ride them all (white aluminum behind pista is a leader 721), also still working to change my pista to a more "casual" track bike with risers and plastic bmx pedals with velcro straps. I'll let go of that thompson stem on the bianchi if anybody wants it [25.4] :nerd:

bmx has been a little more exciting to me just because hitting plastic pegs on anything is so fun but i will admit I've been going through MAD sneakers lately because of "braking" :blush:

Not feeling those wheels on your Pista. I'll hit your line for the stem :nerd:

Quick question y’all, I recently got a new bike rack. It’s similar to this one here but there’s no side straps, only two up top and one down low. Should I trust it?
Pictured it the old one I have that has two top, two side, one bottom hook.

E1B74708-11B6-4A9A-8D1C-3D1AB7C9408C.jpeg
990E6E50-B079-4655-8028-360F1724B227.jpeg

Always love a pista.

Speaking of Thompson I might have to buy their seat post. My old Specialize uses a 27.0 so choices are like maybe 2 seat post. But Thompson seems to be the tried and true brand.

Quick question y’all, I recently got a new bike rack. It’s similar to this one here but there’s no side straps, only two up top and one down low. Should I trust it?

I use a similar style, but its Yakima and through a hitch. It works, and its ok. But truth is I want to replace it with a platform bike rack mainly for ease of use, and more universal fit.

The issue with those top tube racks is, sometimes you run into cases where your bike doesn't fit too well.

I use a similar style, but its Yakima and through a hitch. It works, and its ok. But truth is I want to replace it with a platform bike rack mainly for ease of use, and more universal fit.

The issue with those top tube racks is, sometimes you run into cases where your bike doesn't fit too well.
Okay I was worried because I don’t want to be on the highway and for the bike to fall off because it didn’t have the side hooks. No issues with your Yakima at 60-70mph?

Okay I was worried because I don’t want to be on the highway and for the bike to fall off because it didn’t have the side hooks. No issues with your Yakima at 60-70mph?
naw no issues. I just always double check my wheels, and that the straps are on there. since mine is a hitch I am confident itll stay on my hitch.

With that trunk system I would just make sure the straps have tension and no sliding.

This style rack also allows the wheels to spin at speed. I like to velcro strap the tires to prevent them from spinning freely while driving. All in all it works and *knocks on wood* never had issues.

Yeah, I always buy branded tubes - Continental recently and they’ve been fine.
I have a Lezyne pump in my pocket toolkit and it’s decent - I can get a road tire to 80psi without a lot of effort.

GFs family is all getting into cycling due to covid lol. They were surprised to find out that I was heavy into it years ago (only means of transportation in college) so now I’m out here changing tires, brakes and chains for all these old crusty bikes lol.

Pulled my fixed gear outta storage and planning on riding with em. Was planning on putting risers on and was surprised to see that majority of the selection is now all 31.8-35mm mtb bars. Gotta update my stem as a result.

F0BFB4B4-EDF5-42B0-857D-0985F653E433.jpeg

335i? Got any mods? Been wanting one for a while and i am mechanically inclined to do my own repairs. But i'd rather use the money on sneakers and clothes instead of replacement parts. :lol:

GFs family is all getting into cycling due to covid lol. They were surprised to find out that I was heavy into it years ago (only means of transportation in college) so now I’m out here changing tires, brakes and chains for all these old crusty bikes lol.

Pulled my fixed gear outta storage and planning on riding with em. Was planning on putting risers on and was surprised to see that majority of the selection is now all 31.8-35mm mtb bars. Gotta update my stem as a result.

F0BFB4B4-EDF5-42B0-857D-0985F653E433.jpeg

My boy has the same lo-pro in white with the old affinity decals, i'm not really a fan of the pursuit geometry tho. I see red toe straps, you got Toshi's? :wow:

Have you ever chased down someone on a bike? Like on foot? Was considering doing it today because the kid on the bike was being an *******.

How doable is it? I'm thinking of a short sprint, bike is starting at low speed, flat ground, and there's enough traffic that they have to be mindful of their surroundings.

A casual biker probably sprints at 15-20 mph while a decent sprinter can hit 20 mph, no?

Need to get a bike rack but the ones I like are pricey. Want the Yakima Holdup but need to get a hitch installed on the Jeep also. :smh:

i throw my bike inside the whip :lol:

take off da front wheel

That's what I've been doing. I got a Jeep Grand Cherokee and don't even need to take the front wheel off. :lol:

Which is why I haven't got one yet, but if I keep riding as much as I do, I'll prob invest in one. I ride with friends too and it'd be nice to have a 2 bike rack at least. I don't know though, the price is steep. :lol::smh:

My boy has the same lo-pro in white with the old affinity decals, i'm not really a fan of the pursuit geometry tho. I see red toe straps, you got Toshi's? :wow:

Yeup. Toshis and just generic mountain bike cages.
Snapped a pair of generic straps and metal cages like 2 weeks into riding. Went to the shop that same day and copped toshis. Good foot retention is a must!

Been in such a buying mood lately since I just sit on my phone all day. Trying to fix up my bike back to where I am not upset looking at it. Finally ended up getting the Shimano EH500 SPD pedals. Sort of legitimizes the bike now that I have the right pedals on it.

Also got 2 Abloc bottles coming in which are just some plain water bottles. I had some Bianchi bottles and the graphic would just come off from putting it in the cage.

Abloc_Small_Black_2000x.jpg

Got anther carbon fiber cage too which is insane these are $50 but just have to get it to go with the bike. Also got new bar tape and some Celest Green touch up paint that I hope I can fix some scratches with.

The next big thing is shoes which is a whole monster of a thing to think about. I am eyeing the Fizik Terra Powerstrap X4 Shoe. They are $150 which is a moderate price believe it or not. I was even thinking the Nike Indoor Cycling shoe that they use for the Peloton. I know some folks who use it on bikes but it's not the thing to do with that shoe apparently.

Fizik-Terra-Powerstrap-X4-Gravel-Shoes-black-black-42-74424-293400-1572860149.jpeg

Been in such a buying mood lately since I just sit on my phone all day. Trying to fix up my bike back to where I am not upset looking at it. Finally ended up getting the Shimano EH500 SPD pedals. Sort of legitimizes the bike now that I have the right pedals on it.

Also got 2 Abloc bottles coming in which are just some plain water bottles. I had some Bianchi bottles and the graphic would just come off from putting it in the cage.

Abloc_Small_Black_2000x.jpg

Got anther carbon fiber cage too which is insane these are $50 but just have to get it to go with the bike. Also got new bar tape and some Celest Green touch up paint that I hope I can fix some scratches with.

The next big thing is shoes which is a whole monster of a thing to think about. I am eyeing the Fizik Terra Powerstrap X4 Shoe. They are $150 which is a moderate price believe it or not. I was even thinking the Nike Indoor Cycling shoe that they use for the Peloton. I know some folks who use it on bikes but it's not the thing to do with that shoe apparently.

Fizik-Terra-Powerstrap-X4-Gravel-Shoes-black-black-42-74424-293400-1572860149.jpeg
the abloc bottles are are dope I got the jet black 24oz and they’re stylish.

Back
Top Bottom