The Bicycle Thread

LOL :lol: :lol:

Fellas, should we let him learn the hard way?
Nothing sucks more than being 10 miles out from where you need to be and not have the ability or equipment to fix your bike.
Best of luck.
again, I'm gonna wait until I'm forced to do it 🤷‍♂️

partially because I'm a stubborn mf'er, partially because I don't frequently have the opportunity to take the time to do something like that between work and three kids, and my wife questioning why I'm even doing it

Once I start riding it will be close to home for awhile so if it happens it happens 🤷‍♂️

I appreciate NT fam looking out for my best interest though

With respect that's totally the wrong decision. The p*ncture fairy generally visits on wet days and it's usually dark - you're much better getting familiar and making sure you've got everything in your warm house.

But hey, don't blame us when you're stranded at the side of the road and have to walk home.

My first 3D printed from scratch piece. I’ve been asking my 16yo to make something for nearly a year so last week I gave up and did it myself.

I got this pump thing for Christmas in 2019 after I saw someone use one at a ‘cross event. It came with an adaptor that you need to screw on to the tube and is only about 6” long so not much use. I bought a pump head and hose but it doesn’t really fit in the pump - sort of does but falls out often and leaks a bit.

So the black thing in the middle is what I came up with - the pointy end gets jammed in the rubber hose and then the other end is a perfect fit in the pump. Really pleased with it.

9DDBF502-ED90-48B0-B87A-FDB0150ACA58.jpeg

(First one on the left came out slightly too small)
Really cool. What 3D printer and program did you use to create this? High learning curve?

I wanted to get one to mess around with like making cases for my Raspberry Pi and doing things like this, re-printing or creating little parts for my car and bike mods?

Really cool. What 3D printer and program did you use to create this? High learning curve?

I wanted to get one to mess around with like making cases for my Raspberry Pi and doing things like this, re-printing or creating little parts for my car and bike mods?

It’s a flashforge Adventurer 3. The software I used is Blender.

I started completely from scratch and had that done in a few hours. If you can use something like photoshop you can work it out - and once you get the hang of it it’s fairly intuitive. The biggest issue at the beginning was the 3D part - I’d make something that looked right then change to top view and they were all displaced on the Z axis so nowhere near each other. You just have to be careful when resizing things to check if you’re stretching it or enlarging it or distorting it.

There are loads of videos online about specific things - like how do you get a hole through a solid object - a few seconds watching that and it was easy.

It does feel like the sort of thing that you have to keep doing or you’ll forget - but if you’ve got a few projects in mind you’ll get good at it pretty quickly.

It’s a flashforge Adventurer 3. The software I used is Blender.

I started completely from scratch and had that done in a few hours. If you can use something like photoshop you can work it out - and once you get the hang of it it’s fairly intuitive. The biggest issue at the beginning was the 3D part - I’d make something that looked right then change to top view and they were all displaced on the Z axis so nowhere near each other. You just have to be careful when resizing things to check if you’re stretching it or enlarging it or distorting it.

There are loads of videos online about specific things - like how do you get a hole through a solid object - a few seconds watching that and it was easy.

It does feel like the sort of thing that you have to keep doing or you’ll forget - but if you’ve got a few projects in mind you’ll get good at it pretty quickly.
Thanks! I will def look into this. I use Photoshop and AutoCAD so I think it shouldnt be too bad. I just havent looked into it one bit.

again, I'm gonna wait until I'm forced to do it 🤷‍♂️

partially because I'm a stubborn mf'er, partially because I don't frequently have the opportunity to take the time to do something like that between work and three kids, and my wife questioning why I'm even doing it

Once I start riding it will be close to home for awhile so if it happens it happens 🤷‍♂️

I appreciate NT fam looking out for my best interest though

Why would she question you trying to learn a necessary skill every cyclist should know?

anyone got plugs for Rapha, Maap, Pas Norml Studio stuff or where you can get deals!
NEED.

My body felt PNS and it don't want nothing else ughhhhh

*Googles PNS & Maap*

Oh yall rich rich

After riding both the super 6 HiMod (Dura-Ace) and the System 6 (ultegra). much prefer the super 6 as an all around bike (duh), but the system 6 can def fly. Can't really tell the difference between the ultegra and the dura-ace to be honest. But I am no expert.

I'm also working on building a specialized roubaix.

FullSizeRender.jpg
C49C96D5-EB6F-4758-A37F-998A659B492B.JPG
IMG_1902.jpg
07A92F54-F43A-41D1-BDC3-C835FC74F12F.JPG

IMG_1784.jpg

After riding both the super 6 HiMod (Dura-Ace) and the System 6 (ultegra). much prefer the super 6 as an all around bike (duh), but the system 6 can def fly. Can't really tell the difference between the ultegra and the dura-ace to be honest. But I am no expert.

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

What cranks do those Cannondale bikes use? It always confuses me how they use Di2 but the chainring looks weird.

I’m back to looking for a bike since this crappy winter weather is about over and I’m lusting over the 2021 Kink Drifter. It is such a good looking bike. Seems to be hard to find.

What cranks do those Cannondale bikes use? It always confuses me how they use Di2 but the chainring looks weird.

They have their own Hollowgram crank and chainrings. They're supposed to be pretty good - light and stiff - but it restricts you to BB30 (which I don't like) and I prefer the look of the Shimano ones.

Usually a big manufacturer speccing something like their own part (like Specialized used to do) isn't for performance but because they can save a bit of money.

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

With their eyes closed no-one can really tell the differnce between Dura-Ace and Ultegra - the contact points are the same and basically Ultegra is just a little heavier. In fact, I think I've said before that I've got new Tiagra on my 'cross bike and it also feels basically the same. It's a lot better than 10 year old 105 on my wet weather bike too.

I much prefer the look of that Super 6 - but that looks like a really short stem for a road bike?

That systemsix is exactly what I want.... I saw the Rapha team bike for sale here 8400 canadian but it seems kind of cheesy to have that.

Apparently Shimano is about to launch a wireless groupset to compete with Sram

Anyone have a particular tubeless sealant they like to use? My tires have been holding up well (LBS added stans when I bought) but want to either top off or try a different sealant

I didn't know adidas had a Samba made specifically for cycling

Anyone have any experience with the affinity lo-pro ?

My boy has one....even though his frame it too big for me (pause) i've ridden it

What do you wanna know? If it's about the agressive slope on the top tube, don't worry because that won't affect your riding position that much

I didn't know adidas had a Samba made specifically for cycling

Yeah, exactly what I wanted to know. The top tube seems like it could be a pain on the lower back.

My boy has one....even though his frame it too big for me (pause) i've ridden it

What do you wanna know? If it's about the agressive slope on the top tube, don't worry because that won't affect your riding position that much

My custom shoes finally arrived. Feel pretty good so far. Looking forward to trying them out.

2021-03-01 14.48.26.jpg

Man....those Adidas shoes are interesting. I heard laces are the new hype with cycling shoes but to just use a normal shoe sounds interesting. I would assume the shoe won't be as secure as other cycling shoes but the look would be unbeatable. Too bad I already have shoes cause I would totally want to try them.

Back
Top Bottom