The Bicycle Thread

Anyone got a decent bell they can recommend for a road bike? I’m done yelling at people. :lol:

Spur cycle seems to be the best but $50-60 for a bell is a steep.

Last edited:
Anyone in here mess with Terry Barentsen videos?

Always gets me pumped to ride, especially on days when I'm feeling sluggish.

I am currently running an old Specialized Epic road bike but will be undertaking a new project soon.

Any LA (Los Angeles) riders in here?

I am currently running an old Specialized Epic road bike but will be undertaking a new project soon.

LA rider was good papi

LA rider was good papi

What area you in?

Always down to catch a ride together when work allows..... I'm tired of solo rides. :lol:

That's crazy. Definitely got my adrenaline going just watching that.

Anybody prefer to bike on roads (rather than bike lines)? Not crazy like that video but when the conditions are right?

Definitely gets the juices flowing. I throw that on while enjoying the morning coffee before heading out for a ride.

I definitely prefer to ride roads.
With covid going on the roads have definitely been much more clear and definitely makes for some good rides.

Looking for a bike lock, you guys prefer ulocks or chains? Would be looking to lock out wile at a brewery for a few hours or so.

Looking for a bike lock, you guys prefer ulocks or chains? Would be looking to lock out wile at a brewery for a few hours or so.

i’d say a unlock and a cable. i don’t think a chain would be long enough to lock up the front wheel too.

Just remember, no lock is gonna be unbreakable. If someone really wants your bike they will still get it.

Don't forget about the saddle either. Pick up a used chain or an extra cheap chain and you can do something like this. If you would like you can also wrap it in some sort of heat shrink or rubber material to help with sound.

1593489141688.png

Anybody prefer to bike on roads (rather than bike lines)? Not crazy like that video but when the conditions are right?
Roads are always gonna be better especially not screaming, "LEFT," all the damn time. I need an upgrade though because my current bike doesn't handle roads like it used to.

Being so close to the National Mall I enjoy riding the road around there. It's hectic especially when I do it during rush hour. Scenery is great.

I finally completed building my bike yesterday and i was too anxious to go for a ride and of course with my terrible luck i got into an accident. I was riding in the bike lane on a major residential avenue and this truck is turning into his driveway and did not see me. I'm ok but my bike took most of the damage, my front wheel is out of alignment and i hope it can get trued easily.

What are my options out there for foot straps? I'm running MKS Sylvan track pedals and i've read that straps like the hold fast frs won't fit.

Thanks for answering my question y'all...got something on the way

giphy.gif

Oooooh, that would be tough to find. 😬 I just got lucky about a month ago when I was selling my son's old gravel bike because he has grown. It was a men's S, and I thought I'd be sitting on it forever but it sold in a couple weeks. The bike shop I work at where I sold it, we usually sit on used men's Smalls forever.

Yea any frames smaller than a medium usually sit for a while, my bike frame is a XS

Yea i ran into his videos a couple of months back. Watching his hotline series is what lit a fire under my *** to finally cop a bike lol

Yea, we usually ride on the roads when the conditions are right and we all have the equipment to be safe.

I just copped a u lock with a chain combo

I'll learn my lesson one day, but I don't wear any protective gear. Especially a helmet. Just feel lighter?

I have a road bike but I'm not on the levels where I do the bike suit, lock peddles/shoes, and helmet.

I'll learn my lesson one day, but I don't wear any protective gear. Especially a helmet. Just feel lighter?

I have a road bike but I'm not on the levels where I do the bike suit, lock peddles/shoes, and helmet.

Wear a helmet my dude. Trust me, not worth the risk. I fell of my bike a few weeks ago, not at a high speed or anything and busted up both my hands and my right knee. Helmet saved me as I went head first into the pavement but it did it’s job and took the impact.

20C979A4-7778-484C-A95F-EDC8764352F8.jpeg

I watch cause the footage looks incredibe on my 8k

I locked it, walked inside walmart for 15 mins and walked out it was gone. Every 3 hours or so i get flashbacks of locking it up, and then get so sad.

Im sure it exists, but there needs to be a "Find my Bike" app/bluetooth receiver

Not to be a **** but the way hes riding, even at a few point dodging oncoming traffic is partly the reason why a lot of drivers don't like or respect cyclists on the road.

Back
Top Bottom