The Bicycle Thread

DBC205D1-8F6B-4015-A4B6-0BDD03D98DC7.jpeg

Quick evening ride. Very minimal hills on this route, so would like to push my average speed up to around 17 mph. It’s crazy how fast some people can maintain on their road bikes. This dude passed on a straight away today and was coasting at like 25 mph like it was nothing.

This dude passed on a straight away today and was coasting at like 25 mph like it was nothing.
Every ride, there's always that one guy (or girl) who breezes by and it looks like they're not even trying. A couple weeks ago it was a guy who must've been in his 60s. That hurt.

DBC205D1-8F6B-4015-A4B6-0BDD03D98DC7.jpeg

Quick evening ride. Very minimal hills on this route, so would like to push my average speed up to around 17 mph. It’s crazy how fast some people can maintain on their road bikes. This dude passed on a straight away today and was coasting at like 25 mph like it was nothing.

Were you on the fixie or the roadie?

This was on the road bike.
There's not a lot of hills in DC proper? I was out by Fairfax in October for the first time in years and i forgot how up and down the terrain is out there. I'm from South Florida, everything is flat out here.

man where i live is all hills, i kinda get sick of it sometimes tbh. wanna go on a nice flat road where i can maintain speed

man where i live is all hills, i kinda get sick of it sometimes tbh. wanna go on a nice flat road where i can maintain speed

:lol: If you can climb well, you’ll be flying on flat. Where I live I feel like I have good options for both. I can do a 30 mile flat route or I can do a 20 miler with some hills. Just wish the roads in Oakland were paved better, pot hole every 5 feet. :smh:

:lol: If you can climb well, you’ll be flying on flat. Where I live I feel like I have good options for both. I can do a 30 mile flat route or I can do a 20 miler with some hills. Just wish the roads in Oakland were paved better, pot hole every 5 feet. :smh:
idk if i can do it well, but the same terrain just gets boring i was telling lil black jean jacket lil black jean jacket today how i was so bored of riding cuz i been riding my neighborhood, need to go somewhere new soon.

Thats another thing.

Thank goodness I went with these Gatorskins.

NYC roads a TRASH. If its not a pothole or bad pavement its glass, nails, and anything else you can think of.

idk if i can do it well, but the same terrain just gets boring i was telling lil black jean jacket lil black jean jacket today how i was so bored of riding cuz i been riding my neighborhood, need to go somewhere new soon.

I feel you. I get bored of the same routes also. This new bike computer I got is cool because I can just pick how many miles I want to do, and it which direction, and it'll put together a route for me.

Then on the weekends I try to head out somewhere else if I have more time.

I feel you. I get bored of the same routes also. This new bike computer I got is cool because I can just pick how many miles I want to do, and it which direction, and it'll put together a route for me.

Then on the weekends I try to head out somewhere else if I have more time.
is that the garmin?

that thing sounds tight, i have other routes available too but they have way more traffic which I am not comfortable with due to no bike lanes.

is that the garmin?

that thing sounds tight, i have other routes available too but they have way more traffic which I am not comfortable with due to no bike lanes.

Yeah the garmin. I’m with you regarding riding through traffic with no bike lane. I do quite often here but prefer to avoid it whenever I can. Don’t trust no cars.

There's not a lot of hills in DC proper? I was out by Fairfax in October for the first time in years and i forgot how up and down the terrain is out there. I'm from South Florida, everything is flat out here.
Upper Northwest DC is very hilling and Arlington County gets pretty hilly as well. Downtown DC, where I was riding yesterday, is pretty flat.

sorry for the noobness but please recommend a good brand for an endurance road bike. budget under 3k if possible.
man with that budget you open the whole box of choices honestly. Take a brand, and see which you like best, theyll have a bike for you.

I like the Canyon Endurance. I have been digging their bikes lately in general.

i have like a big air compressor used for power tools, im sure that will do the job no?

yeah i forsure dont feel like doing that, might do tubes then
thats exactly what you'd need. there are floor pumps that have chambers you can charge up too. but yea a compressor is the easiest way.

IMO the gain from tubeless isnt worth the convenience of tubes. but thats just me.

My helmet has been stuck in JFK customs for 3 days now, wtf man...i need my shxt

These bike lanes in NYC might as well not exist lmao.

Where you riding? Lower manhattan?

i have like a big air compressor used for power tools, im sure that will do the job no?

It can work, just make sure you have the right adapter at the end for the type of valve your tube has.

Those new All City bikes look great - I think you can get the Ultegra one for under $3k.

For that price you could easily go custom too.

Back
Top Bottom