The Bicycle Thread

Just got some new continental gatorskins for my old 2010 Bianchi Pista. Pretty much fixed this bike in better condition just for the heck of it. Did my first tire change ever and can't say it was fun. Also got new Mash bar tape, new saddle from Fabric, and MKS x Mash toe clips and peddles. Only thing I want left is a Quadlock setup for my phone and perhaps lights for the front and back of the bike.

3F49AE7D-DA17-4B2D-B296-68DD81F6BD00.jpeg
clean

i was looking at a fixie just for the heck of it too

^ Do you keep the wheels on the ground when you're not riding? I know it seems like a stupid question, and most people keep their bike on the ground, but if you can keep the wheels off the ground, you're far less likely to lose pressure. That's way I just got the bike rack I posted a few days ago, so my bikes can finally suspend.

^ Do you keep the wheels on the ground when you're not riding? I know it seems like a stupid question, and most people keep their bike on the ground, but if you can keep the wheels off the ground, you're far less likely to lose pressure. That's way I just got the bike rack I posted a few days ago, so my bikes can finally suspend.
yes!
i would love to do that but dont have space for a rack, i move my bikes around often small space

FYI Rapha just restocked on their core bibs and cargo shorts it seems. I Just ordered a pair of the cargo ones.

Y’all think I should just go full kit? TBH I’ve been biking in my new balances and now I’m thinking of just getting some cycling shoes. Not sure how contrarian I’ll look riding full kit with my surly lol. Thoughts? Btw I’m a bike newb

Went on a ride today, got a flat. Changed the tube, didn’t realize there was a small price of glass in the tire still. 2nd flat.

Walked a little over 2 miles back home holding the bike in this heat. :smh:

Yeah, it's a simple thing, but I always run my finger on the inside of the tire when I get a flat. 😬 I hate it for you.

Nah, they've gotta eat that.

Gotta message the seller on ebay and hope he's cool :smh:

Went on a ride today, got a flat. Changed the tube, didn’t realize there was a small price of glass in the tire still. 2nd flat.

Walked a little over 2 miles back home holding the bike in this heat. :smh:

I'm just getting home after a ride and it
literally just happened to my boy. We had to walk like 30 streets to the nearest bike shop since we didn't have a spare tube or mini pump. Too bad i didn't track it on Strava, all of this happened around 1pm in south florida heat and humidity. 🥵

Reminder to wear your helmet bros - was going about 15-20 on a flat road when this kid stepped on the street outta nowhere. Fortunately we're both ok but fell on my shoulder and smacked my head on the street. Helmet saved my life forreal so glad I copped.

IMG_1780.JPG
Loud hubs have been my savior.

Does anyone else run lights during daytime rides? I run my Bontrager front and rear lights to give drivers every opportunity not to hit me.
Always if I’m on the road. Day or night.
Especially helped on the long ride I did just this weekend where a lot of it was on shared roads.

type of lights matter too. Gotta be bright enough to see in distance

Back
Top Bottom