The Bicycle Thread

Man, been dealing with severe quad cramps recently. I’ve dealt with them in the past, adjusted my seat height and they went away but seems like they are back now. Trying to take it easy for a bit, think my legs are just overworked between biking and powerlifting.

Been looking for a bike for little while (since sometime in the Fall)

I decided on a Specialized Diverge e5 base since a gravel bike would offer some versatility

I’ve been checking shops online and following some shops on social media

since it’s cold and I don’t intend on using it until it warms up I didn’t want to sacrifice color though one shop I had been following has had the grey color for awhile and I found another with the green, both within a couple hour drive from me

found out last week that MSRP was going up about 10% starting today so I decided to do a wider search, basically looking at bordering states in addition to within states

4772D746-BC87-4BEA-8A45-7A0E1C038CED.png
82A809E3-73BB-4F3B-A775-938BBBF6FF0A.jpeg

Would have made the 4+ hour drive to Ohio yesterday if it weren’t for the snow

all the shops I called at closer stores we’re saying that they’re being told an ETA of June for the orange color

Nice pickup! Almost all bikes are going up in MSRP and fast since spring is coming soon. I bought my bike right when they first arrived in shops and they increased it by $100 about 2 months later, which sucks for newcomers.

I am starting the year off slow and I can't even blame the weather. We've been having some really good sun for January. I did only 3 rides last month but all have been sort of flat terrain. What sucks is if I take time off from riding, I sort of need some mellow rides before I can even do any sort of climbing. Hopefully this month, I'll get some more in.

I'm the same way, if i spend more than 3 days off the bike. I have to ease my way back into it with a couple of short rides.

Man, been dealing with severe quad cramps recently. I’ve dealt with them in the past, adjusted my seat height and they went away but seems like they are back now. Trying to take it easy for a bit, think my legs are just overworked between biking and powerlifting.

Get a foam roller (pretty sure you might have one already)....painful but helpful 🥴

Got one, but need to use it more often. I went and got a sports massage a couple months ago. **** was painful as hell but much needed.

Sup guys!

started cycling during covid and fell in love... ride with bunch of my friends now and we just climb and descend all morning at 60km/h..
Just got new wheels from a Canadian manufacturer down the street from me!

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 135
No supply and high demand. Just checked Treks site too. The Emondas went up at least $500 for each version :sick:. Seems better to just buy a used frame and buy all the components if you can currently.
Same with the fixed gear brands. Wabi increased about 200 on their base model. I’m guessing this will keep going until the gyms open back up in some states.

Made the drive out to Ohio this past Saturday to get my bike

DC56FDE6-8342-487F-99C5-D335659BDF63.jpeg

What do y’all suggest for accessories?

plan to get a couple of bottle cages and insulated bottles

a pump

what else?
learn how to change out a tube. it sucks the first time, but someone posted a video a few pages back that made it a little less daunting

Made the drive out to Ohio this past Saturday to get my bike

DC56FDE6-8342-487F-99C5-D335659BDF63.jpeg

What do y’all suggest for accessories?

plan to get a couple of bottle cages and insulated bottles

a pump

what else?

Better pedals (not technically necessary), usually from my experience the "stock" ones they give arent that great. Some lights so if you ever ride in the evening or even on the road (blinking) lights helps. Possibly a saddle bag to carry your stuff?

learn how to change out a tube. it sucks the first time, but someone posted a video a few pages back that made it a little less daunting
eh, I'll wait to do that until I'm forced to do it

no sense in fiddling w/ it if it's good now
Better pedals (not technically necessary), usually from my experience the "stock" ones they give arent that great. Some lights so if you ever ride in the evening or even on the road (blinking) lights helps. Possibly a saddle bag to carry your stuff?
I was gonna ask my buddy for pedal suggestions...I don't want clip on pedals

the stock ones are some Joe **** the rag man pedals...I wasn't expecting pedals to be on it

eh, I'll wait to do that until I'm forced to do it

no sense in fiddling w/ it if it's good now

I was gonna ask my buddy for pedal suggestions...I don't want clip on pedals

the stock ones are some Joe **** the rag man pedals...I wasn't expecting pedals to be on it

My fiancé doesnt ride clipless, so I put race face Chester mountain bike pedals on hers, the pins allow more grip. You can also look into the hybrid pedal I think something along the lines of the Shimano eh500? They're kinda pricey and im sure there are alternatives, but they have both flat and clipless, so if you ever do decide to get new shoes then youre all set to go.

Oh also bike shorts/underwear if you haven't purchased already. They def go along way. I've tried a bunch of brands and of course they will vary person to person, but the ones on amazon/ebay for $20 usually aren't very good. The sweet spot is the $40-50 ones in my opinion and sometimes you can find those on discount

My first 3D printed from scratch piece. I’ve been asking my 16yo to make something for nearly a year so last week I gave up and did it myself.

I got this pump thing for Christmas in 2019 after I saw someone use one at a ‘cross event. It came with an adaptor that you need to screw on to the tube and is only about 6” long so not much use. I bought a pump head and hose but it doesn’t really fit in the pump - sort of does but falls out often and leaks a bit.

So the black thing in the middle is what I came up with - the pointy end gets jammed in the rubber hose and then the other end is a perfect fit in the pump. Really pleased with it.

9DDBF502-ED90-48B0-B87A-FDB0150ACA58.jpeg

(First one on the left came out slightly too small)

Back
Top Bottom