The Bicycle Thread

Picked this up the other day.

2022 Scott Addict RC 30
1646676173190.png

I should start tracking my miles. With an 11 mile Rd trip commute I avg close to 50 miles a week when I factor in rain days and weekend rides.

Anyone have any info on this Specialized? It's for sale at a garage sale near me. Not sure of the price yet, will find out tomorrow. It kind of looks like the tag says 1.3, so assuming $1300 but not for certain.

B6CC63B2-06E5-4917-A4F9-936A293132BC.jpeg

Anyone have any info on this Specialized? It's for sale at a garage sale near me. Not sure of the price yet, will find out tomorrow. It kind of looks like the tag says 1.3, so assuming $1300 but not for certain.

B6CC63B2-06E5-4917-A4F9-936A293132BC.jpeg
It definitely doesn't say $1300, and if it does, they smoke crack. If you're positive there's a 1 and a 3, it probably says $130, which would be fair. At the bike shop I used to work at, we would probably buy this off of someone for $75, then clean it it up and go through everything, try to sell it for $125/$150.

-foe

what’s the census on these? Does anyone own a pair? Also what pedals work with these? I’m in the market for new pedals and I’m somewhat of a newb on bike parts.

75123536-E496-4D57-BE95-0D9AFDEC0345.jpeg

I don’t have those - but I’ve had a few pairs like them. They’re useful if you want to be able to ride somewhere on a bike with clipless pedals and then walk a bit. I use them for going to meetings and things (not a lot recently).

The sole is thick enough for reasonable pedalling but not so stiff that you can’t walk.

They’ll fit any 2 bolt cleats - the most common are Shimano SPD. They can be had for pretty cheap but if you spend a bit more and get the ones in the middle of the range they’re definitely nicer.

don’t know much about bikes either and slowly getting into it (possible 70.3) and need a road bike.

What’s a decent deal on a Cervelo R3 force from 2009? Good condition.

I've got a black pair of those, I like them for riding clipless and flat pedal because of that stiff sole. No issues really except for minor heel slip every now and then.

im out here on the JV squad putting in 30miles only
Bruh saaaaame! I see these rides and I'm like 'You rode a while shift! 😳 Like you clocked in, hopped on your bike, and did a solid 6-shift.'

I get out for a couple hours and I'm DONE. 🤣 Rode for an hour on a mountain bike trail Sunday and I'm still feeling it today. 😬

-foe

im out here on the JV squad putting in 30miles only
if it makes you feel better I've only done one 30 mile ride 🤷‍♂️

it was a fairly aggressive 30 miles for me climbing 2700+ feet

wanted to ride more last year and now that the weather is getting better but other things are getting in the way...disc golf, wife, kids

I'll be out there soon though

New toy delivered yesterday. Forgot to post.

1997 Cannondale Super V in red & gold.
20220421_133008.jpg

Putting this CODA handlebar stem & handlebar on it:

20220421_134038.jpg

Will post pics when finished, but I'm giddy aaaaffff. I looove the Cannondale Super V. Have an all black one. This one is for my son so we can MTB together instead of him busting his nuts w/ his gravel bike.

-foe

Back
Top Bottom