The big 3 just don't get it, nobody wants American cars.

There are plenty of American cars that people want.

cadillY-%C2%9Ccts-coupe-concept.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-z06-rear.jpg

2007-cadillac-escalade.jpg

Chevrolet_Camaro_118.jpg

They need to file for bankruptcy and start over/re-group.
And they need to renegotiate these labor contracts.
When they are paying way more to their employees compared to someone like the Japanese, of course it's going to be more expensive and you aren't goingto be turning a profit. How about putting making a profit as a #1 priority...?
Labor Unions FTL

We need these 3 big companies & they do still produce some good products even though some of you may disagree...

but we need them to make some adjustments and they SHOULD NOT get a $25 billion bailout.

2007-cadillac-escalade.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

^^ gas guzzler
eyes.gif
If I ever make enough $$$ to buy an Escalade (hopefully will being a Lawyer)... I'm buying one or a Range Rover, I don'tcare how much gas it's guzzling.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

I have another question though...so where will they find this money from???
I believe they want 25billion of the grand 700billion the gov't is gonna use to bail out the banks.
that would be the most viable option imo but then u got henry paulson saying "what are u talking about, i need all that money" for whatever backdoor deals he's probably already promised to his friends on wallstreet, so hes suggesting that congress come up with new legislation so that they can probably be blamed completely, i even heard from some analysts of the possibility of it being included as "pork-barrel" spending within some kind of legitimate spending
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
I mean all together how are they going to raise that 700 billi?
laugh.gif
and pardon my ignorance but who is Henry Paulson? Name sounds familiar...
theyre not gonna raise anything, theyre just gonna sell bonds (700 bil worth) and print money so that it can be paid for with interest inthe future
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

paulson is the guy who's pretty much solely and completely in charge of allocating that 750 bil, yeah there's oversight in the bill but zero actual ineffect

Nevermind I looked him up.
Used to be the CEO of Goldman Sachs. That's interesting....
I don't think anyone's caught on...

But I see what you did there.
tired.gif

IHeartBoost wrote:
Im sitting here watching the Auto Bailout Hearing on CNN and HFS is really ripping these CEOs a new one,
laugh.gif
. These guys have no plan for a chapter 7 or 11, expecting this 25billion to be loaned to them. Also the CEOs are not willing to take pay cuts to help there business. There claims of having more fuel economic cars than there competetion may be true but the fact is, no one wants a American car(s). People rather spend a few thousand more on a Japanese counterpart. I know I'm part of the millions who rather buy a Accord or Altima over a Malibu or Taurus. I rather buy a 350z or s2000 over a Mustang or Saturn Sky.

Also American small cars are a joke, Focus? Cobalt and that Dodge crossover thinga majig,
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
. Seriously, these guys deserve to fail, nobody wants that garbage. While my local Nissan and Toyota make that money, the Ford across the street is stale, dust in the office and not a phone rang for hours. American cars are not the future as the big 3 so think.

- says who YOU?......oh the guy with the Mits Lancer avy huh...oh i get it
eyes.gif

- i happen to like american cars, and dont understand peoples fascination over imports. however it is your opinion (not fact).

theyre not gonna raise anything, theyre just gonna sell bonds (700 bil worth) and print money so that it can be paid for with interest in the future
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Damn I know I'm asking a lot of questions but who exactly are we selling these bonds too? And thats crazy we gotta pay interest.. How will weever be able to pay off our national debt?

eek.gif
Wanksta23 that thing is a beast. How much did it cost to fill it up when gas was like $4 a gallon?

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

IHeartBoost wrote:
Im sitting here watching the Auto Bailout Hearing on CNN and HFS is really ripping these CEOs a new one,
laugh.gif
. These guys have no plan for a chapter 7 or 11, expecting this 25billion to be loaned to them. Also the CEOs are not willing to take pay cuts to help there business. There claims of having more fuel economic cars than there competetion may be true but the fact is, no one wants a American car(s). People rather spend a few thousand more on a Japanese counterpart. I know I'm part of the millions who rather buy a Accord or Altima over a Malibu or Taurus. I rather buy a 350z or s2000 over a Mustang or Saturn Sky.

Also American small cars are a joke, Focus? Cobalt and that Dodge crossover thinga majig,
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
. Seriously, these guys deserve to fail, nobody wants that garbage. While my local Nissan and Toyota make that money, the Ford across the street is stale, dust in the office and not a phone rang for hours. American cars are not the future as the big 3 so think.

eyes.gif

- i happen to like american cars, and dont understand peoples fascination over imports. however it is your opinion (not fact).

its not just this guy, over the last decade or two, american car manufacturers have been way behind the foreign scene, not a step behind but liketen, when it comes to innovation, extras, and reliability, the german market leads the way in terms of mainstream (im not talking about rolls royce andferraris which the average guy cant buy), but the japanese market is right behind it and usually has the upper hand in cost control so theyre able to deliverthe same features at lower prices, american car manufacturers have been playing catch up over the last decade, but its ok cause theyve lead the way in terms oflarger trucks and gas consuming SUVs

I think we should give them the bailout simply because we can't afford to lose any more jobs as a country. But as a stipulation of the bailout they shouldbe forced to put more fuel-efficient vehicles into production. If they don't want to help save the environment and cut down on fuel consumption thenthey're on their own.

It kills me when I just hear people talk out of their %!% when it comes to cars. There are plenty of quality American cars that people want.

The problems with the Big 3 go way beyond that.

#1 Mismanagement - Ford, Chrysler, and General Motors had all of their respective eggs in the Truck and SUV market. They ignored passenger cars. When gasprices went up sales tanked. They could not make any money because their most profitable vehicles were no longer selling.

#2 Unions - The Big 3 have been fighting a loosing battle against the unions for the longest. They pay way more than the average company in employee andretiree benefits.

#3 A reputation of poor quality and laziness earned during the 80' and much of the 90's. During this period they offered little innovation and pushedstale outdated products to the masses. This was all done while import quality was being improved, import products where being refreshed and updated at a muchfaster pace, and import plants were being built in right to work states where unions had a lot less power. Example:
Chevrolet Cavalier. GM sold millions of Cavaliers in the 1980s-and decided the thrifty car was so successful the company didn't need to update it for more than a decade. To milk the model, GM even added some lipstick and high heels and tried to peddle the upgrade as the Cadillac Cimarron-a legendary flop. Honda and Toyota, meanwhile, were updating their competing models every four or five years, and grabbing market share with each quality improvement. A new Cavalier came out in the mid 1990s-then languished for another decade, while GM put most of its money into big trucks and SUVs. GM has since improved its small cars. "But they have to be miles better than the imports for Americans to forget how bad their small cars used to be," says Jamie Page Deaton of U.S. News's Rankings and Reviews car-ranking site. Even if they are better, many Americans wonder why they should give Detroit a second-or third-chance.

#4 Way to much product overlap. No need for 6 different variations of the SAME THING. see: Chevy Trailblazer, Sabb 9-7X, Buick Rainier, Isuzu Ascender, GMCEnvoy XUV, GMC Envoy XL, GMC Envoy and Chevy Trailblazer EXT

To make a long story short the Big 3 got fat, dumb, and happy...n fell behind. In the past 5 years they have made vast improvements to their lineups. However,it has been too little too late.

Right now the products are there. However, as Tbone stated the only way out of this is bankruptcy which will give the leverage against the UAW. It will alsoforce the Big 3 to revise their business strategies and start all over.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

IHeartBoost wrote:
laugh.gif

smh.gif
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

its not just this guy, over the last decade or two, american car manufacturers have been way behind the foreign scene, not a step behind but like ten, when it comes to innovation, extras, and reliability, the german market leads the way in terms of mainstream (im not talking about rolls royce and ferraris which the average guy cant buy), but the japanese market is right behind it and usually has the upper hand in cost control so theyre able to deliver the same features at lower prices, american car manufacturers have been playing catch up over the last decade, but its ok cause theyve lead the way in terms of larger trucks and gas consuming SUVs

Not for long.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

BananaBoy2601 said:
Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice is German.
It kills me when I just hear people talk out of their +%* when it comes to cars. There are plenty of quality American cars that people want.

The problems with the Big 3 go way beyond that.

#1 Mismanagement - Ford, Chrysler, and General Motors had all of their respective eggs in the Truck and SUV market. They ignored passenger cars. When gas prices went up sales tanked. They could not make any money because their most profitable vehicles were no longer selling.

#2 Unions - The Big 3 have been fighting a loosing battle against the unions for the longest. They pay way more than the average company in employee and retiree benefits.

#3 A reputation of poor quality and laziness earned during the 80' and much of the 90's. During this period they offered little innovation and pushed stale outdated products to the masses. This was all done while import quality was being improved, import products where being refreshed and updated at a much faster pace, and import plants were being built in right to work states where unions had a lot less power.

#4 Way to much product overlap. see laziness.

To make a long story short the Big 3 got fat, dumb, and happy...n fell behind. In the past 5 years they have made vast improvements to their lineups. However, it has been to little to late.
Right now the products are there. However, as Tbone stated the only way out of this is bankruptcy which will give the leverage against the UAW. It will also force the Big 3 to revise their business strategies and start all over.
Quality post my man
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You know what you're taking about & I share your thoughts.

Everyone else.... READ WHAT HE SAID

Let them file for bankruptcy. GM should focus on their core brands, sell off their remaining stake in GMAC as well as unnecessary brands: Opel, HUMMER andSaab. Ford has taken some measures already, sold off Land Rover, Jaguar and 20% of their holdings in Mazda. Who knows what Chrysler is doing?!

Back
Top Bottom