THE BLACK FRIDAY POST 2010: Update #19 GAME STOP BF Ad posted!

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

eh i guess im gonna get something on cyber monday
Same here.. I'm still waiting for a good deal on a P&S digital camera. Hopefully Staples drop the price so I can use my $25 off of $75 code (which expires at the end of the month).

In total, I other than the $300 Panasonic Plasma, I was able to get some sweaters from the Banana Republic Factory Store for less than $10 each.

Originally Posted by agold1002

here what i walked away with today:
a few v necks from gap - 7 bucks each
a g shock - 70
a pair of the 10th anniversity 7s - around 150
seasons 1-5 of weeds and 4-6 of entourage - 10 bucks each
and did a little shopping on swoosh and at the nike outlets
pimp.gif

not electronics for me..seemed like a waste this year and i didnt get up until about 9:30 this morning
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
?

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by YuraS718

From SD

QUICK! free webcam when added to cart. MUST pick up in store.
$60 on page, free when in cart. Must choose credit card option
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...oductCategoryId=pcmcat17 0900050018&id=1218197327076 [bestbuy.com]
Quick before it sells out! I already got 2
(NOTE: paypal may work.. it didn't work for me but u can still try.
also make sure to only choose 1. if you choose 2 it will say $60)

Mine went through, 1st store didn't have it.
Which one is it? BB doesnt do direct link
Thanks anyway, all sold out near my way
frown.gif

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...018&id=1218197327076

Fingers crossed that mine went through. On SD it said all are currently on hold as theyre figuring out wtheck went wrong

Yea I ordered 2 on diff credit cards but I didn't get my e-mail yet so I think they caught on to it. Also they are now "sold out online"

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by agold1002

here what i walked away with today:

a few v necks from gap - 7 bucks each

a g shock - 70

a pair of the 10th anniversity 7s - around 150

seasons 1-5 of weeds and 4-6 of entourage - 10 bucks each

and did a little shopping on swoosh and at the nike outlets
pimp.gif

not electronics for me..seemed like a waste this year and i didnt get up until about 9:30 this morning
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
?

7 jeans haha not jordans sorry

Only thing I want that I wasn't able to buy was that damn 1tb portable hd for 69.99... I wish Amazon's deal was 79.99, not 89.99.
nerd.gif

Got my Entourage seasons 1 and 4-6 for $10 each. Just waiting on the email from BB, so i can pick it up at the store, 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Most of this stuff can be bought on ebay for cheaper, everyday. I don't see the point of waking up at 5 am. I was gonna buy a laptop but most of the BF pcs were just OK and I decided to just do the ebay route. I was able to get a Dell Studio with an i7 processor and 2 yr warranty the other day for 750. Its like a $1500 pc on their site.

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

Got my Entourage seasons 1 and 4-6 for $10 each. Just waiting on the email from BB, so i can pick it up at the store, 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
i assume you have 2 and 3 great episodes
pimp.gif

Copped Blu-Ray Get Him to the Greek, BR She's Out of My League, BR Hot Tub Time Machine, and also Eastbound and Down Season 1 at Wal-Mart for $42. Was in and out of there in like 10 mins.

Fifa 11 next and I will be good to go.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea some of you dudes are just buying stuff to say you participated in BF.
While this may be true, no other time of the year puts more emphasis on sales and deals. It's not so much that they can be had any day of the year as much as it is that we've prepped ourselves for this day to take advantage of the deals.

Even if it is only a $5 blu-ray.

Went to Soho in the afternoon. The "sales" were atrocious. Everything looked regular prices which isn't surprising anyway.

Went to BestBuy later and picked up the first 2 seasons of Entourage for $10 each, My Beautiful Dark Fantasy deluxe edition for $15 and Goodfellas for $3 bucks. All worthy purchases.

I think its funny how BestBuy has batches of DVD's that are on sale, but they only put the crappiest movies in there. For example, I got Goodfellas off the shelves where its regular priced but rings up on sale.

People are truly saving a couple of bucks on stuff they don't need.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

While this may be true, no other time of the year puts more emphasis on sales and deals. It's not so much that they can be had any day of the year as much as it is that we've prepped ourselves for this day to take advantage of the deals.

Even if it is only a $5 blu-ray.
I don't think a $298 TV from a reputable dealer/source is "just buying stuff".

Aside from the obvious steals though, I agree with you.  But that's the point of Black Friday... get a few amazing deals out there (while taking a small loss... maybe not even a loss at all, who knows what the wholesale prices on this $!* are), which generates the hype for the smaller stuff.  Thus people wanting to "participate".

Still surprises me that MANY people don't realize the Ebay/online effect (as in, you can get almost whatever you're looking for cheap at any time).  More and more have (and will), but it's just not quite as high of a percentage as I would have thought by now.  I think that's why we've seen Black Fridays take a hit in terms of less spectacular deals... companies don't feel like they can take the profit margin hit anymore, because they're already taking it in a way everyday due to the online companies.  Just my thought.

for once, I agree with DCAllAmerican
laugh.gif

however, there have been good deals online

has anyone seen any deals on the wire dvds?

i copped seasons 1, 2, and 3 for 10 bucks each a couple black fridays ago at best buy. but i haven't seen any deals for seasons 4 and 5 for less than 30 bucks this year.

DCAllAmerican wrote:Yea some of you dudes are just buying stuff to say you participated in BF.
why the negativity, bro?

you'd be hard pressed to find a 42 inch 1080p for $300 from ANY brand, much less the reputable dealers...

1 2 tb hard drives for $60?

you just dont see that stuff everyday, my dude...

Back
Top Bottom