The BMW M3 Coupe Is Officially Dead

View media item 482042
It's a sad day. The last E92 BMW M3 Coupe has rolled off the production line. That doesn't only mean it's the end of the current M3 Coupe, it's the end of the M3 Coupe forever.P

Next year, the 3-Series coupe will be replaced by the 4-Series, as BMW continues its new tradition of naming coupes with even numbers and sedans with odd numbers.P

But that means the M3 Coupe, arguably BMW's most legendary, well known, iconic (I hate that word too), and versatile performance car has now gone off into the distance, never to be heard from again.P

Sure, I bet the nameplate will live on with an M3 sedan in the next year or so, but that really isn't the same thing. The E30 M3 was a coupe, that started it all. The E36 came in coupe and sedan, but you really wanted the coupe, didn't you? The E46 M3 was all coupe, all-the-time as far as I'm concerned.P

It's the end of an era. This final bright orange M3 Coupe is it. We'll miss you old friend.

So now by the time I can buy one itll be too old... SMH this cant be life.

What about the 6 series gran coupé? I mean I know it says coupé in the name despite being a 4-door, but it's technically a sedan no? Will they change the series #? Just curious...

So will the prices of 2001-2006 M3 coupes go up because of this news?

So they're just changing the name and not eliminating the car, right? So it's not dead

So they're just changing the name and not eliminating the car, right? So it's not dead
M4 does not sound right. 
laugh.gif

We're all used to the "M3" name, to change it to M4 is almost blasphemy.

What about the 6 series gran coupé? I mean I know it says coupé in the name despite being a 4-door, but it's technically a sedan no? Will they change the series #? Just curious...

They can't, there is already a 7-series. Seems like BMW just wanted to fill the void and distinguish the coupes from the sedans and since the 2-series and 4-series were available, they just made it the coupe version of the series the goes before it. Though BMW is apparently making a 4-series Gran-Coupe, so a 4-door 4-series which is pretty much a 3-series. :lol:

im excited to see this m4 :pimp:

or is it going to be the same?

Same as what?
It'll be based on the newly introduced 4 series, which is slightly different than the former 3 series coupé. It'll just have more intakes, the usual difference between M and non-M BMWs.

Man. I wanted this to be the first car I bought with my own money. Now it won't even exist when I have enough money to tet the car.

I don't care what anyone says, gonna cop the M4 and put an M3 badge on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom