The Chris Paul, David West, Darren Collison and Marcus Thornton (and Monty) thread. !+%* a team.

Oh !@+%
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Please no

Devin Brown
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What the hell was that.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

What happened to him...?
Drove in for a layup and landed on Sual's foot. Went back to the locker room but he looked like he was walking fine.

Link is back up at channelsurfing.net btw

no, not cp3! the heart of my fantasy team
frown.gif

and correct me if im wrong, but doesnt posey have 3 more years left on his contract?
i rather keep curry either way. the last thing we need is another chucker.

Man that's a relief. I remember last time when I was at the Sonics vs Hornets game in Seattle, Scott let CP play the full game even though it was a blowoutand he twisted his ankle with like a minute left or something. Man i was
mad.gif

Bangdak, yeah he does have another 3 years
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Bangdak he has 3 yrs but we know that the Knicks will need that vital player to go to when LBJ goes to the bench
laugh.gif

Hornets looking good
pimp.gif
and I can't believe what I am seeing from this ninja turtle

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

There goes any hope of an upset.
laugh.gif
The % of Clippers winning just dropped from 100% to 10%
laugh.gif
Really though, this game has been over since halftime, Byron should take out Paul just to keep an eye on that damn ankle of his.

Man I just realized, I've RARELY seen a player pump fake and dribble correctly.
Either that or i only notice when they get called for a travel

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

There goes any hope of an upset.
laugh.gif
The % of Clippers winning just dropped from 100% to 10%
laugh.gif
Really though, this game has been over since halftime, Byron should take out Paul just to keep an eye on that damn ankle of his.
That's what I was thinking. Start him for the 3rd for a few minutes and if they manage to hold off the Clips for a little bit, play therookies for maybe the rest of the game.

Good job Byron, although he took him out I think about five minutes later than he should have. He has nothing to prove against the Clippers.

What more is there to prove when they're up by 23?

They've struggled but they've also got to keep in mind to rest their players. Yeah it's early in the year but they have three very tough gamescoming up, two of which are apart of a double-header.

Wednesday night should be a good gauge for both teams.

Whatever Vegas says, take the OVER
laugh.gif

November 12, 2009
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Hornets announced today that they have relieved Byron Scott of head coaching duties. Scott will be replaced by General Manager Jeff Bower.

"I want to thank Byron for the hard work he has put in during his time with the Hornets," said Hornets Owner George Shinn. "I've hired Jeff Bower to take over the coaching reign. He knows this team better than anyone, has the respect of the players and in basketball circles, is regarded as one of the best basketball minds in the business. This is our best opportunity to reach our goals this season."

Bower, who has spent his 14-plus seasons with the club, has been an invaluable asset for the Hornets at all levels in basketball operations. He began his tenure with the Hornets as an advance scout from 1995 to 1997 before earning a promotion as the team's director of scouting. In addition to his scouting duties during the 1998-99 season, Bower joined the coaching ranks as an assistant after Paul Silas was named interim head coach on March 7, 1999 (and helped him lead the Hornets to a 22-13 record). After serving as the assistant general manager for the 2000-01 season, Bower was promoted to general manager in June of 2001 and has since held that position. He returned to the bench as an assistant coach under Floyd in 2003-04. Bower's years of experience working at all levels in the Hornets' basketball operations department culminated with his appointment to the current post of general manager just prior to the start of the team's 2005-06 training camp.

"Accountability was our theme this past summer," said Hornets Vice President of Basketball Chad Shinn. "We talked about the fact that everyone on our staff is held to a certain standard of performance and we didn't feel this was happening at the head coach level. We feel like we still have an opportunity with our nucleus to get to where we want and Jeff is the right guy, right now to move us in that direction from the bench."

"As we look at our long-term coaching plans, it's not about who the head coach is, it's about the role of the head coach to get the team to perform to their capabilities and reaching our potential this season," said Bower.

Prior to joining the Hornets, Bower enjoyed an impressive career at the collegiate level. He spent three years as an assistant coach at Penn State University from 1983-86 before moving to Marist College in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. After first serving as an assistant coach from 1986 through 1990, he was promoted to associate head coach, a position he held for five years. Bower helped lead the Red Foxes to an NCAA Tournament appearance in 1987 after winning the Northeast Conference.

In a related move, Tim Floyd has been hired as the top assistant coach.

Floyd served as head coach of the Hornets for the 2003-04 season, leading the team to a 41-41 record. Most recently, Floyd served as the head coach at USC from 2005-2009, leading the Trojans to a 85-49 mark and three NCAA appearances during his tenure. In the 2007 NCAA Tournament, Floyd led USC to a Sweet 16 appearance. The team's 25-12 record that season set a record for most wins in school history. The Trojans advanced to the second round of the 2009 NCAA Tournament before falling to eventual runner-up Michigan State. Floyd also coached for the Chicago Bulls, Iowa State, the University of Idaho and Texas-El Paso. Floyd is a native of Hattiesburg, Miss., and a 1977 graduate of Louisiana Tech.
We are officially in the John Wall/ Ed Davis sweepstakes

My biggest concern with the Hornets firing Byron Scott was who they would get to replace him. I'm liking the direction they're headed in though, by handing the reigns to Jeff Bower and bringing back Tim Floyd as an assistant. Bower has his detractors, but I have faith in the man. He quietly goes about his business and takes calculated risks. Sure, some of those risks haven't panned out (check the money Peja and Posey are making), but this is the NBA, where injuries are unpredictable and you often have to overpay to attract guys to a smaller market. Let's not forget how much he accomplished with very little wiggle room this past summer, getting good value for Tyson Chandler, bringing in Ike Diogu and landing two promising rookies, all while cutting salary.

As for Floyd, I'm intrigued to see how that will play out. He was fired in 2004 after one season as head coach of the Hornets, but the issue back then was that he couldn't control the egos on the roster, most notably Baron Davis. Now the Hornets have a team full of high-character guys that are craving some solid direction at both ends of the floor, and Floyd should be able to help immediately with that. He's more likely to draw up an effective play or call for a timely adjustment during a timeout, which will be a nice change from Byron telling the players that they just need to try harder and box out more.

Should we be worried about how Chris Paul is taking this news? Byron Scott is the only NBA coach he's ever had, and they apparently got along quite well.

But I don't expect it to be an issue. Chris is first and foremost a competitor. He wants to win, plain and simple. Byron Scott wasn't helping the Hornets win much anymore, and CP is smart enough to know that a change was warranted. I'm excited to see how he'll be used in a revamped Hornets offense. Don't be surprised to see his stats take a hit since he won't be asked to dominate the ball as much, but that should lead to more team success.
I don't agree that less Chris equals more success, but the Floyd part is fair (and encouraging). Of course, he isn't the head coach, sowho knows how this will work.

Back
Top Bottom