The College Basketball Post

He's the type of player to shoot up draft boards after workouts anyway, but i think he's perfect in that 15-20 range.

Last edited:
Elfrid Payton weighs 165 at 6'5 too.

:lol: @ the nitpicking.

Mocks have LaVine going late first, if you don't think he's a good pick there idk what to tell you.

They got James Young going ahead of him for Christ sake.

Payton looks bigger than LaVine. No way he's 165.

He's a boom or bust prospect. A playoff team can take a risk on him late 1st and hope he pans out.

6'8 wingspan, you really think it's going to be hard for a teenager that's still growing to gain weight?

You of all people should know that's premium size and length at the guard position, combined with him being an explosive athlete.

Wiggins is 10 pounds lighter than Von Wafer and he plays the 3, don't see you concerned about his weight.

Depends what you think is a better handle, Rivers wastes movement often, wouldn't say his handle is that much better, maybe in a summer league context.

Austin Rivers wingspan was 6'71/2, Lavine doesn't have a better body, its the same.

We will see, still have lots of time to rise/fall

combine testing will be interesting.

Payton looks bigger than LaVine. No way he's 165.

He's a boom or bust prospect. A playoff team can take a risk on him late 1st and hope he pans out.

he was 180 at team usa camp.

that 165 probably freshman number, wasn't he at school at 17?

Last edited:
he was 180 at team usa camp.

that 165 probably freshman number, wasn't he at school at 17?

Yup. He's very young.

LaVine comps sounding eerily similar to Rivers (in some aspects) while we're here. People thought that he could play PG too.

Last edited:
You want the NBA to find out that you suck after you've inked your 3 year guaranteed deal, not your sophomore year of college

Pretty much as bad as Elfrid Payton yet you're high on him. At least he doesn't shoot 25% from 3.

You can learn to defend.

dude you don't know what your taling about.

Elfrid Payton is an EXCELLENT, defender, like one of the best in the draft, great length lateral quickness, anticipation, high IQ, competitive, takes pride in it.

Like have you ever watched elfird play? :lol:

I thought LaVine could be a Jeremy Lamb or Terrence Ross type of player, but now I'm not so sure. He has a lot of work to do before I can even fathom him being a rotation player.

dude you don't know what your taling about.

Elfrid Payton is an EXCELLENT, defender, like one of the best in the draft, great length lateral quickness, anticipation, high IQ, competitive, takes pride in it.

Like have you ever watched elfird play? :lol:

To be fair, only a couple of times but I wasn't impressed with his defense or him scoring at the NBA level.

I thought LaVine could be a Jeremy Lamb or Terrence Ross type of player, but now I'm not so sure. He has a lot of work to do before I can even fathom him being a rotation player.

Still early on both, but not much of a compliment, no?

Elfrid is a really good defender. That's like his biggest asset for a team right now.

Yea I just watched more film on him, he does get after the ball really well.

He plays against bums mostly, there's only 6 games of him against real competition.

Last edited:

Still early on both, but not much of a compliment, no?

Elfrid is a really good defender. That's like his biggest asset for a team right now.
I meant those comps as compliments. :lol:

They both are below average players at the moment though. But in time, they'll be viable starters.

Yea I just watched more film on him, he does get after the ball really well.

He plays against bums mostly, there's only 6 games of him against real competition.

Defense translates, man. Length, foot speed, anticipation. Really doesn't matter who he's playing.

I'm thinking Zach LaVine will drop around the 20s and possibly the second round. I don't think he will be ready to see any court time until 2-3 years down the road. His body, size and athleticism reminds me of Jared Cunningham.

Defense translates, man. Length, foot speed, anticipation. Really doesn't matter who he's playing.

Na I agree, but it doesn't bode well for his offense since he has no jumper and is not that great at getting to the rim.

I'm still not higher on him than LaVine though his defense will translate.

Last edited:
better body?

he's 6-5 180 pounds, Austin was 20 pounds heavier at draft, Von Wafer 30 pounds.

people are forgetting, LaVine got a nice lil crossover no way he was better handles than Austin.

and a better shooter?

Well, we will see about that.

Rivers handles? He dribbles in one spot and goes nowhere. Reason he struggles to get buckets in the league. On top of his terrible form and jump shot.

Lavine is way better then him and I'm not even gonna entertain the Von wafer. You straight trolling with that one. :lol:

Gody scored a billion points but was also a sloth with zero athleticism. Not sure where armchair GMs and scouts saw potential in him.

Austin Rivers.... I'll never know why that boy felt the need to come out when he did. Or why Doc let him.

Gody scored a billion points but was also a sloth with zero athleticism. Not sure where armchair GMs and scouts saw potential in him.

Austin Rivers.... I'll never know why that boy felt the need to come out when he did. Or why Doc let him.

Ready or not, the NBA prepares you better for the NBA than college :nerd:

Ready or not, the NBA prepares you better for the NBA than college :nerd:

My only argument for this is that playing with better competition will make you better OR it can expose you. The college game is heavy on unnecessary extra passing, zone defense, and basically turning everyone into a role player. For ISO players staying in college wont further prepare you for the NBA.

Last edited:

Kentucky is not beating Louisville. They may have back in Dec. Louisville is a whole diff team now. Harrell is a monster now and Hancock is starting to shoot like he did in the final four last year. Louisville or Zona will win the tournament.
And yet they barely squeaked by Manhattan and struggled scoring against St. Louis for most of the game. I'm expecting a great game... Even though I have Louisville in the title game in my bracket, I'm leaning towards Kentucky.
Manhattan was no slouch. We played a team that basically was a mirror image of ourselves. thats always a tough one. 

I think the St.Louis game was a bit closer than it shoulda been but i feel like this UK game can go either way.

i do think russ and luke will deliver however.  

Back
Top Bottom