The College Basketball Post

Trying to go with the reverse jinx huh you faulty moral-ed individual, hope y'all lose in the 2nd round :rolleyes

:lol: Not at all. Fact is with Kelly, y'all only have one loss. I just think this squad reminds me of '10 squad a lot and in a week year I'll ride on a team that has the pieces and Coach K. Perimeter defense is your weakness and Russ could kill you in the elite 8 potentially but I just think it your year man.

:nerd:

Marshall Henderson does nothing conducive to winning basketball games. He takes a lot of shots. a lot... at a less than average clip. that's it.

He just helped lead ole miss to a SEC championship.

But he does nothing? Aight.

He's a good free throw shooter.

but do you know how many guys you can find that shoot 38% from the field and 36% from 3 while doing nothing else?

he lead the conference in scoring... wasn't even named to the SEC first team. the SEC.

Who has a bracket I can copy?
nerd.gif

Don't sleep on FGCU against Georgetown. Our backcourt is legit, athletic frontcourt guys up front to try and contain Porter. If the game gets to the 70's we have a serious chance if we can push the tempo. Just great to see my school in it this year!
laugh.gif

I've filled out two brackets on paper looking at them over and over and I can't figure out what I want to do yet. Right now my FF is Duke, Mich, Ohio St, Indiana.

Duke, Florida, Buckeyes, Butler.. I dont know why I picked Butler, just dont like anyone else in the bracket :lol:

What do you guys think about the 8 VS 9 matchups? I always struggle on these.

8. Colorado St VS 9. Missouri
8. Pitt VS 9. Wichita ST
8. UNC VS 9. Villanova
8. NC State VS Temple

In retrospect, you could have made the case Norfolk and Lehigh had the best player on either teams entering the game, and then O'Quinn and McCollom each proceeded to dominate the game. Duke and Missouri were also awful defensively. It'd take an uncharacteristic game on defense for Georgetown to actually get beat.

It could definitely be close, the gap between the top lines and the bottom lines just continues to shrink. We're only looking at Miami as a 12 pt favorite and OSU and G'Town as 13 point favorites. The days of rolling over 13, 14 and 15 seeds are long gone.

Just for an example the KenPom index of 15 seeds only 10 years ago:
.6775 (serious outlier)

5 years ago:

compared to this year:

Just saying, Georgetown's offense has struggled at times this season, a bad shooting night could happen to anybody. Our program is rising fast, only 2nd year D-1 eligible, head coach was assistant at FSU, good recruiter, likely going to talked about for higher-up openings soon.

Back
Top Bottom