The Combat Jack Show Thread

8r89c7llf8c71.jpg

Mans out here really going through it. When **** hits the fan, play the victim.
When he says 3 of his friends "purposefully transitioned" does he mean suicide?

I'd probably sue those suing me.

This is typical Joe though. I wouldn't entertain it. Just more ammo for his haters/ppl who care for some reason.

Funny hearing Scarface talk about not liking My Block. I got killed last year for saying that song was corny. I still don’t like The Fix as much as most people do. It’s a good album but it was very commercial and manufactured, nothing like a Scarface album.

It’s kind of wild how positive and polite Scarface is talking about J Prince. In his book he talks about how many times J robbed him and used him. He said they weren’t on bad terms but he didn’t mess with him like that anymore. Now he’s on their podcast and everything.

He look skinny as hell, hope he got his health issues figured out. Probably shouldn’t be drinking.

The Fix was the album that a "casual" fan gravitated towards. I remember when Guess Whos Back came out and a lot of people being like "Oh this that dude Scarface people talk about". It's still a real good album but it's not his sound. N.O. Joe and Mike Dean had like a musical, dark sound. The Diary, Untouchable, Last Of Dying Breed is that.

Joseph was on top of the world 2 years ago. The rebrand was at its peak. He had the blossoming relationship, the new born, the pod was podding, Husky Mal, RAURY, and now look at him. Sick and alone.

When he says 3 of his friends "purposefully transitioned" does he mean suicide?

I'd probably sue those suing me.

This is typical Joe though. I wouldn't entertain it. Just more ammo for his haters/ppl who care for some reason.

I hate the vagueness of it, that's the instathot part of it, because it's also subliminal and to keep one guessing for sympathy.

Like do you sit and edit and retype

The Fix was the album that a "casual" fan gravitated towards. I remember when Guess Whos Back came out and a lot of people being like "Oh this that dude Scarface people talk about". It's still a real good album but it's not his sound. N.O. Joe and Mike Dean had like a musical, dark sound. The Diary, Untouchable, Last Of Dying Breed is that.

Good album. But an industry album. It was geared to mainstream rap/industry/east coast sensibilities at the time. Hearing him name the producers he had at his disposal, and the Def jam south **** made it more understandable.

NORE is an industry dude like ****. I always laugh when he starts Salivating and getting nostalgic about the Mike Kyzer, Julie Greenwalds, Lior Cohens and all them execs from his hey day :lol:. It’s weird, but it’s the time he saw his most success….so I get it.

Good album. But an industry album. It was geared to mainstream rap/industry/east coast sensibilities at the time. Hearing him name the producers he had at his disposal, and the Def jam south **** made it more understandable.

NORE is an industry dude like ****. I always laugh when he starts Salivating and getting nostalgic about the Mike Kyzer, Julie Greenwalds, Lior Cohens and all them execs from his hey day :lol:. It’s weird, but it’s the time he saw his most success….so I get it.

That's why I couldn't wait to see Dame on there. All the dudes Dame was going HARD on around that time, Nore stay name dropping :lol:

Dame had a lil slick comment too but Nore too dumb to catch it or he pretended to. He said something to the effect of "I'm sorry that you still gotta work for these dudes". :lol::smh:

That's why I couldn't wait to see Dame on there. All the dudes Dame was going HARD on around that time, Nore stay name dropping :lol:

Dame had a lil slick comment too but Nore too dumb to catch it or he pretended too. He said something to the effect of "I'm sorry that you still gotta work for these dudes". :lol::smh:
I remember that.

I rock with NO, but he completely sells out for corporate interest. The way he proudly tells the story about Lyor and them sonning him, was always cringey to me.

Son was so happy getting robbed and disrespected because he didn't understand what was going on. Luckily for him he was big enough to not really feel it -- compared to his previous poverty.

Dame has a problem maintaining relationships outside of people he does business with. I always found it weird how people judge others from what Dame said...not directed at anyone in this thread.

But Dame said someone is this or that. Like dude is a good judge of character.

On a character tip, you'll notice Dame has problems with everyone or everyone has problems with him. They'll be tight with Dame for a minute, and then you won't see them(Mook, DZA, Oschino). Then they'll come back around. It's like they think Dame has changed.

You'll notice Cam has times he doesn't mess with Dame. I find it odd as a grown man, because there's no one I'm going back and forth with and we're cool six months or a year later. That's some 14 year old mentality.

So when people start talking about Lyor is a bad person because of Dame, a lot more people like Lyor than Dame.

Last edited:
Dame is usually correct about most of his assessments on people if we're keeping it a buck, with that said i can easily see why someone could become overwhelmed dealing with a personality that big & need a break.

And quite frankly it's easy to see why someone who puts such an emphasis on being authentic & truthful is constantly at odds with people in the music industry.

Dame is usually correct about most of his assessments on people if we're keeping it a buck, with that said i can easily see why someone could become overwhelmed dealing with a personality that big & need a break.

And quite frankly it's easy to see why someone who puts such an emphasis on being authentic & truthful is constantly at odds with people in the music industry.

:rofl:

What day one person is around Dame?

It's been period when Lucky hasn't even ****ed with him.

Dame is at odds with everyone.

:rofl:

What day one person is around Dame?

It's been period when Lucky hasn't even ****ed with him.

Dame is at odds with everyone.

What does that have to do with anything??

Honestly people who are honest & don't hold back on their assessments of things usually are at odds with people.

when you speak to most of these people they themselves will admit that Dame was right/ heart was in the right place but the execution & way he went about it was wrong.

What does that have to do with anything??

Honestly people who are honest & don't hold back on their assessments of things usually are at odds with people.

when you speak to most of these people they themselves will admit that Dame was right/ heart was in the right place but the execution & way he went about it was wrong.

You judge people based on who they don't like, when nobody likes them. You don't see how backwards that is :lol:

I'm going to the person who likes most people and listen to their opinion on people. They're the ones who's opinions that's normally valid. Who have a real reason other than they're a square.

Dame will hang around a gang of people who don't look like him, and marry them, but then call others who don't **** with him culture vultures. And the world will go, yep, they're a culture vulture. Because he really wants to be accepted.

It's like you can't see the obvious.

We've heard the stories about how Dame fights for his artists and he's helped a lot of people and we heard those same exact people say they got tired of being around all the extra BS. Then a lot of **** he says is just blatant hypocrisy.

He's one of them dudes that you learn a lot from. What to do and what not to do.

Back
Top Bottom