The Combat Jack Show Thread

Face saying he never did a show overseas blew my mind.

NORE not knowing the melody for Mr Scarface came from the Itsy Bitsy Spider is wild to me.

Still mad we never got that Mac and Brad album.

Pride and Ego man.

The pod was doing really well on Spotify as well despite the underlying frustrations.

I know Joe's whole thing is ownership but man he might look back on that move with some regret.

He can delusionally react all he wants, his growth & reach isn't bigger than hers. Joe fumbled the chance for him & his cohost to be millionaires.

Joe would have signed that Spotify deal, and imagine his reaction when they threw all that money at those other pods?

Nah, the other chick SHE was in partnership fumbled the bag

That's $30 mil
Oh most def.

but what I mean is that spotify would’ve given Joe a bag, maybe not 60 but if he would’ve shown results and actually played ball; the relationship wouldn’t have died.

he could’ve signed the 3 year deal and it would’ve been time to renew next year for even more money

#MagicJohnsonTweet

But Wax said he learned something from couples therapy.

For men:
If you WIN, you really lose.
If you're RIGHT, you will pay for being right.

CTG - talking about the island “I don’t want to talk about it , that was Charlemagne not Leonard”

Wax …. - who was I?

HUH???

😂😂😂😂😂 dude is like a big *** kid man

then him talking about he had a busted pipe std 😂😂😂😂

Oh most def.

but what I mean is that spotify would’ve given Joe a bag, maybe not 60 but if he would’ve shown results and actually played ball; the relationship wouldn’t have died.

he could’ve signed the 3 year deal and it would’ve been time to renew next year for even more money
It wasn’t that simple especially if you remember how Spotify tried to devalue the pod as negotiations went on by lowering them in the rankings. And wasn’t providing the underlying data. Most importantly, you also have to remember that “bag” came with a 360 deal. It wasn’t just the pod. Spotify wanted the rights to any and all ventures involving the pod and its cohosts. Touring and merch revenue, Joe’s Pull Ups, Park’s music, anything Rory and Mal wanted to do would be owned by Spotify.

If Spotify wasn’t budging on the 360 deal and wasn’t coming close to the asking price for the rights to everyone’s IP then what? You just take it because that’s whats being offered? Nah…

Imagine the narrative if Joe worked out an individual deal with Spotify and separated from the other pod members. Amicably or contentiously it would have been a bad look.

Back
Top Bottom