The Combat Jack Show Thread

destinys child been doing worldwide tours since they were teenagers

which is also why I laugh when people act like jay brung her up

jay was considered "beyonces boyfriend, singer jay z" by the media in other countries when they first got together

I will say I think Jay helped her w/ the game as far as exploiting situations and building her brand to bigger than it was.

Swizz made Beyonce? What in the hell? :lol:

Since Crazy In Love been a superstar. Ne-Yo, Dream, Rico Love and other people have wrote and produced some of her biggest hits. That's dope that Swizz produced them songs but she was big w/o him.

All of Swizz stuff with X and Ruff Ryders and Jay from the late 90's up til about 04 is classic but since he's been trash. I don't know how he fell off quality wise that hard.

the second part of the swizz interview got weird lol

swizz saying ask me anything then giving half answers smh

swizz is a hell of a salesman

swizz is a hell of a salesman

Facts

Swizz will sell you a beat in the studio, and his head nods, screams and various mannerisms will have you thinking that the **** is fire...until you take it home and realize it sounds like a bunch of garbage trucks backing up at 6am :lol:

Swizz is the goat OG producer tho. A businessman, a family man, an honorable man

I know from knowing someone in combat wife circle they're def getting a divorce. From what I hear combat was wildn and partying OD after the show started picking up steam.

Haven't listened to his show in probably 2 years. Used to be really dope, but kind of lost its luster.

I hate to be the one to spark this debate....

who's the funniest out of the two on the art?

Their both funny as hell but i find my self laughing more consistently @ Mero but when Desus hits me with a funny I laugh harder

tough for me to decide but, thoughts??

I hate to be the one to spark this debate....

who's the funniest out of the two on the art?

Their both funny as hell but i find my self laughing more consistently @ Mero but when Desus hits me with a funny I laugh harder

tough for me to decide but, thoughts??
Its Mero for me. As a fellow hispanic his jokes are spot on. I die every time when he gets into the DR junkie voice
laugh.gif

I've been a fan since DVM and Desus used to take a lot of shine from Mero by cutting him off and talking more. They've balanced their formula much better over time.

Its Mero for me. As a fellow hispanic his jokes are spot on. I die every time when he gets into the DR junkie voice :lol:

I've been a fan since DVM and Desus used to take a lot of shine from Mero by cutting him off and talking more. They've balanced their formula much better over time.

Meros impersonation skills are far superior than Desus

Yeah I'd have to say Mero has the best impersonation skills:
Jesenia
Dominican base head
Ben Barson [emoji]128526[/emoji]
Young Trumpy on the track
NYC Italian cop
Tim Westwood
Regular bodega store papi
Etc.

Son got talent for real

Last edited:
Opposite of what somebody else said: Desus makes me laugh more, but Mero makes me laugh harder.

Desus is smarter and sharper, but Mero says things I really have to pause the podcast to laugh at.

desus could easily be a writer and is quick witted

but the style of jokes they tell it works better for mero

desus is almost playing it straight now and lobbing it to mero anyway

I can tell desus formats the show and mero basically just shows up lol

Last edited:
I think Desus jokes are smarter sometimes but Mero has definitely stepped it up since DvM. I used to think Mero was a wack *** echo cuz he was back then but once they got on MTV and beyond they've been even for me.

I think they're equally funny. I've seen/heard interviews they've done on other shows without the tho other and it was just as good as the two of them together.

I love when they do that teach them devils thing :lol:, or when they sound like they down the hall, they step up the production crazy.

Opposite of what somebody else said: Desus makes me laugh more, but Mero makes me laugh harder.

Desus is smarter and sharper, but Mero says things I really have to pause the podcast to laugh at.

This

desus could easily be a writer and is quick witted

but the style of jokes they tell it works better for mero

desus is almost playing it straight now and lobbing it to mero anyway

I can tell desus formats the show and mero basically just shows up lol

And this.

They're both funny, Desus is a little more like the setup man now tho controlling the convo and Mero just comes through with the jokes and impressions. But they're both funny together and separately. Mero has definitely said more wild **** that had me cryin tho :lol:

Last edited:
The Dominican Dope Fiend is the goat. It's the little nuances that make that joint undeniably funny for me. Like when they were going back and forth and dope fiend subtly told his homeboy "yo papi stop holding the door open ***** this my trap **** out of here". Tears, man. :rofl:

The time when dude was so SMACKED and he tried to tell a story about one cat showing up to a party and no one really knew him like that so Mero and his crew was scheming on dude when he started talking to one of the chicks, since random ****** can't talk to shorted from around the way, but the police came and everyone had to bounce and somehow they ended up on a rooftop. When Desus brought it back and asked Mero where he was going with this, and Mero unhesitatingly said "I don't know but yo I'm WILD smacked".

[emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji]

That joint surpassed the time when dude was like "I either want to die peacefully in my sleep or in a blaze of glory. I want to have the wild shoot out with the cops, but not get popped in the dome. I want to bleed out. Ima look at you and say 'ayo Desus my *****, I need you to take my son to the guy I store... show him the loafs'"

TEARS, b. :rofl: [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Even going back to the Desus vs Mero days, I remember they were playing a clip of Marshawn Lynch's 80 yard TD run against the Cardinals where he was shaking dudes off crazy and busting through tackles and ****, and Mero was like "That's me runnin out the strip club after the bouncers seen me pickin up ones off the floor" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mero's scumbag humor been A1 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom