The Combat Jack Show Thread

who kid just gave the interview of the year

I'm :rofl: @ the michael jackson story. Check out that Howard Stern interview with Whoo Kid too, it's just as funny as this one

I'm not a Dallas Penn fan, and I've grown to like Pete.

He was solid during the Boosie interview.

this

DP comes off as a corn ball to me...he just says a lot of random **** that doesn't make sense or he wants to go against the grain just cause

DP makes it hard to listen to the first part of the show before the guest interviews start. His voice hurts my ears and i'm kind of disappointed by how he looks. (has nothing to do with the show just putting that out there)

Pete has grown on me. He doesn't seem into hip hop that much so he sits pretty quiet during most interviews.

I love that he thinks being Italian makes him a different kind of white or something :lol:

I love when JB is there cuz he's real mellow.

I prefer this show over Juan Ep cuz Ciph is super corny and I can always hear the spit in the corners of his mouth. I like/hate that he's such a fan of many of the guests and it shows.

Got damn! You broke all this **** down :lol:

who kid just gave the interview of the year

:rofl: him and his wife are funny

this

DP comes off as a corn ball to me...he just says a lot of random **** that doesn't make sense or he wants to go against the grain just cause

DP makes it hard to listen to the first part of the show before the guest interviews start. His voice hurts my ears and i'm kind of disappointed by how he looks. (has nothing to do with the show just putting that out there)

Pete has grown on me. He doesn't seem into hip hop that much so he sits pretty quiet during most interviews.

I love that he thinks being Italian makes him a different kind of white or something :lol:

I love when JB is there cuz he's real mellow.

I prefer this show over Juan Ep cuz Ciph is super corny and I can always hear the spit in the corners of his mouth. I like/hate that he's such a fan of many of the guests and it shows.

Word for word

I prefer when Dallas goes on his vacations

and when I commented earlier about Cipha earlier. This interview with Whoo kid showed the differences. I find Whoo Kid comedic and entertaining. I have never found Ciph funny to the point he should be trying comedy. I even find corny Rosenberg funnier.

wheres the link????? :nerd:
how this the combat jack show thread with no link to the whoo kidd interview

I ask where DP been and folks up in arms lol.....I actually like his going against the grain trolling

whoo kid interview was hilarious though......I knew it would be 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
always funny when there's a serious guest on and combat curves dallas repeatedly

every now and then he pulls his weight but for the most part I'm not a fan

he seems like a good dude tho

The Lord Finesse interview was interesting. I talked to someone about that Mac Miller situation. I feel a little differently about it now than when I first heard the news.

Funny how late 80's rappers got in to producing.

Too much focus on Big L IMO

Didn't ask about OC or the remix project though....

Relationship with the other members...

I don't think Combat realized he was talking about Ice T either. Should have asked some questions about that relationship.

The Dre stuff was interesting. Didn't know he was still working with him.

:lol:

My reaction

I need to finish that interview....def wanna hear what he gotta say about suing mac

He doesn't directly talk about it, because of the lawsuit, but you get what he's saying.

This new D-Nice one is dope.

Didn't know he had been through so much. The Scott La Rock stuff of course. Heard he's a genuine dude also.

and no Dallas Penn

At first I was like this dude lord finesse is just being bitter but then I started feeling where he was coming from...wonder how much they settled on

Yeah, I heard from someone who knew Finesse. Mac Miller and that song weren't really on my radar. I knew of him, but didn't listen to him, so I didn't know how big it was. The lawsuit didn't happen until after some promises weren't fulfilled. He thought it was going to be used one way, and then it was used another. It's one thing to have it as a mixtape song. It's another to perform it, sell it on itunes and have over 25 million views on Youtube. You're trying to profit off it 100%, and because it's a so called "mixtape" song and not an album, you're trying not to clear the same samples that would ordinarily happen.

the snippet they played was the first time I've heard it.....song sounds dope....not surprised it was a big time mixtape track cause it had my head nodding 
laugh.gif

The Lord Finesse interview was interesting. I talked to someone about that Mac Miller situation. I feel a little differently about it now than when I first heard the news.

Funny how late 80's rappers got in to producing.

Too much focus on Big L IMO

Didn't ask about OC or the remix project though....

Relationship with the other members...

I don't think Combat realized he was talking about Ice T either. Should have asked some questions about that relationship.

The Dre stuff was interesting. Didn't know he was still working with him.

:lol:

My reaction

I think the Big L focus was warranted, Finesse was the main influence in his career and to have it cut so short was tragic.

This new D-Nice one is dope.

Didn't know he had been through so much. The Scott La Rock stuff of course. Heard he's a genuine dude also.

and no Dallas Penn

I enjoyed it, didn't know anything about D-Nice prior to listening to this episode.

At first I was like this dude lord finesse is just being bitter but then I started feeling where he was coming from...wonder how much they settled on

Agree

Maybe from a younger cat perspective the Big L focus was necessary, because you don't hear about Big the person as much. Finesse has done enough in his career, that it wasn't the biggest part. Big L has become bigger in death than in life. I think that's good, but I think we also need to devote more time to our living legends...that's all.

Marley Marl :pimp:

Another dope interview. I sort of slept on it because of Juan Epstein's, but it was better. I think Rosenberg and Cyph talk too much about themselves, and Rosenberg always tries to prove how much he knows instead of focusing on the artist and letting them tell their story.

I'm also glad Just Blaze did that question at the end, because I'm tired of artist saying I produced a record, when they just gave the suggestion of sample or gave their input. How hard is it to say I want to use blah blah by James Brown? That's why engineers really did a lot of the production back in the day that the artist took credit for.

Maybe from a younger cat perspective the Big L focus was necessary, because you don't hear about Big the person as much. Finesse has done enough in his career, that it wasn't the biggest part. Big L has become bigger in death than in life. I think that's good, but I think we also need to devote more time to our living legends...that's all.

Marley Marl :pimp:

Another dope interview. I sort of slept on it because of Juan Epstein's, but it was better. I think Rosenberg and Cyph talk too much about themselves, and Rosenberg always tries to prove how much he knows instead of focusing on the artist and letting them tell their story.

I'm also glad Just Blaze did that question at the end, because I'm tired of artist saying I produced a record, when they just gave the suggestion of sample or gave their input. How hard is it to say I want to use blah blah by James Brown? That's why engineers really did a lot of the production back in the day that the artist took credit for.

I feel you on the younger cat perspective. I take that into account a lot when discussing music since I'm only 23. A lot of **** you had to be there to truly understand its impact. Like I didn't realize LODPAD was delayed a year or two before it dropped in 95. I heard it on a podcast, can't remember which one though.

The Marley ep was on point, I didn't really check the Juan Ep one, but I learned a lot on this particular one. You're right about that Just Blaze question. My brother is an engineer and even though he's new in the game he's been exposed to a lot of big name artists/producers. I've sat in on sessions and seen the input an engineer has on the recording process and the difference between and beatmaker and a producer. It's definitely not one in the same. I think an engineer's job is misunderstood/undervalued/underrated too

Back
Top Bottom