The Combat Jack Show Thread

Joe's OD'ing on the Kanye vitriol with every podcast now.
If you canceled the *****...why do you still get so emotional when talking about him? :lol:

He's being contrarian...JUST TO BE contrarian...and it's all centered around the Trump ****.

I also think he actually IS listening to the albums :lol: Last week he said he didn't listen to the album AT ALL...and then 5 minutes later seemed to know the content of the outro song :lol:.

Joe said Mal came through with the fire mid already rolled :lol:

You hating on mid :lol: :lol:

I'm tired of your boujee bowels:lol:

Last edited:
He made Cyhi look like a fool. Massa :lol: Cyhi is just happy when Kanye talks to him. Kanye did all that production and couldn't throw you one song or feature.

Drake :smh: I saw the chick. They didn't mention that like they should have.

Joe's OD'ing on the Kanye vitriol with every podcast now.
If you canceled the *****...why do you still get so emotional when talking about him? :lol:

He's being contrarian...JUST TO BE contrarian...and it's all centered around the Trump ****.

I also think he actually IS listening to the albums :lol: Last week he said he didn't listen to the album AT ALL...and then 5 minutes later seemed to know the content of the outro song :lol:.

I think it's more so he was getting annoyed by Rory. Rory acting like Kanye doing those numbers the past two weeks isn't a step back.

I think it's more so he was getting annoyed by Rory. Rory acting like Kanye doing those numbers the past two weeks isn't a step back.

I think this is a huge misconception people are running on without the context. Once we start talking about how streaming works, we can't keep looking at what they consider 1 album sale NOW...and judge it through the same lens we used 20 years ago. Very few people actually understand the ins and outs of this ****...and it gets even more murky when we consider that these numbers are probably being tampered with anyway.

But from what I do know...If he puts 10 more songs on that album...that "album equivalent unit" number would look ALOT closer to what people think an artist of his stature "should" be selling.

Jay Z did 174K first week w/ 444....and nobody would say he took a step back. And it went "platinum" based on however the hell they count this **** now.

All I'm saying is...once we take off our new "I hate Kanye now" glasses and look at this objectively without bias...his music is selling. The "canceling of Kanye" was not reflected in the numbers. At least the numbers they're giving us. I read this **** streamed 100 million times just like the last one.

Last edited:
I think this is a huge misconception people are running on without the context. Once we start talking about how streaming works, we can't keep looking at what they consider 1 album sale NOW...and judge it through the same lens we used 20 years ago. Very few people actually understand the ins and outs of this ****...and it gets even more murky when we consider that these numbers are probably being tampered with anyway.

But from what I do know...If he puts 10 more songs on that album...that "album equivalent unit" number would look ALOT closer to what people think an artist of his stature "should" be selling.

Jay Z did 174K first week w/ 444....and nobody would say he took a step back. And it went "platinum" based on however the hell they count this **** now.

All I'm saying is...once we take off our new "I hate Kanye now" glasses and look at this objectively without bias...his music is selling. The "canceling of Kanye" was not reflected in the numbers. At least the numbers they're giving us. I read this **** streamed 100 million times just like the last one.

Yeah, idk how adding more tracks would've really effected the streams per track, but based on how it streamed it look like it would've did closer to that J Cole 300k+ area if it had a similar number of tracks

Culture II was a streaming monster (199k, 225 million streams from 24 tracks) and he outdid their first week with 7 tracks. The Weeknd Ep was a similar length as ye and he outdid that as well.

Last edited:
Yeah saying 170k first week is bad is a dumb statement. I feel like people are smarter than that, but just because people don't **** with Ye, they wanna act differently .

I don't know how you dudes can say it's not that bad, when Kanye's album sales have been steadily declining. He did over 300,000 with Yeezus when streams didn't count the way they do now.

Kanye and Cudi is doing 100,000

and a short album means you can play the album more. A short album didn't affect Pusha.

Every rapper is declining in sales. Jay did like 200k. You know comparing Yeezus to his newest album is a false parallel. Streaming wasnt off like that when Yeezus was out.

Drake has sold less total units with every album since Take Care.

Is he declining...or is the music industry changing?

Kanye is one of the top three most popular rapper probably of all time and sold nearly a million copies in one week a couple of times.

Future sold 140 and 120 with his two albums.

So Kanye is on Future's level now? And that's not a drop off?

J Cole did 400
Kendrick did 600

So the excuse for Kanye is what?

Is this new climate hurting Cole and Kendrick?

So Em going out and doing 250 or whatever he did the first week wasn't considered a disappointment?

Both things can be true. Artists in general aren’t doing the numbers they used to do. But also, in comparison to the other top artists that are moving units, Kanye is losing ground.

I'll concede to that point. With a caveat...
I don't believe Kanye West is still playing the same game as the other guys when it comes to the specific hustle of selling albums. On a much smaller scale...I feel the same way about ASAP Rocky. I don't think that *****'s primary focus is to sell you music anymore. It's a money grab to fund some other ****.

For example, Jay-Z is the one of the most successful artists of all time...and during his run we saw several artists that routine sold MORE records than he did (Nelly, Eminem. 50 Cent). And yet NONE of them possessed the power that Jay had/has.

Regardless, I don't think number of albums sold speak to influence...and I think that's my overall point. He's losing ground in selling albums in comparison to 3 specific artists. He's not losing ground on yielding a MASS amount of influence over pop culture.

So...we can take the low hanging fruit and say "Kanye didn't sell" because it's cool to fake hate Kanye...but we're lying to ourselves if we believe that Trump **** is why Kanye isn't Drake, Cole, or Kendrick in '18. It's ya'll fault for believing in that ****ery when it should be CLEAR as day by now that it was an album rollout :lol:

Last edited:
I think it's a combination of his music and his personality. A lot of people are turned off by both.

The top rappers in the game, Cole, Kendrick and Drake aren't having a problem selling. Kanye is/was a top rapper in the game. And unquestionably Kanye is more popular than all of them.

The album didn't suffer from lack of promotion. Between him and his wife and TMZ/Trump, everyone knew it was coming.

So I'm sure a lot of people don't rock with Kanye over the past two months. Maybe you don't. I listened on Tidal a couple of times, and then uploaded it to my Google Play account where he won't get credit for my streams. That's even if I have the desire to go back to them.

Watching this Pusha Drink Champs.

I'm glad he chose to "speak on the album" on this platform. NORE is who I want to hear him talk rap with.

Why was anyone expecting an artist like Pusha to give deep dives on his album on platforms like Big Boy, TBC, etc? He was being a chatty patty...on platforms that bought him there to be a chatty patty. Angela Yee don't give a **** what the first verse on If You Know You Know means.

EFN gotta shoot the fair one with me :smh:. That ***** the worst.

And NORE really blew some interesting train of thoughts again. IDk why I keep coming back man :smh: :lol:
Drink Champs be raggedy as hell but I love it. :lol:

tenor.gif

EFN gotta shoot the fair one with me :smh:. That ***** the worst.

And NORE really blew some interesting train of thoughts again. IDk why I keep coming back man :smh: :lol:

Yeah, he wanted to let his thoughts at times. He has ADD.

Yall be having me never to want to check out Drink Champs :lol:

It's really pretty good in a dysfunctional way

no he aint

Who's more popular? He's a Kardashian.

not my baby jorja. what episode did he say that on?

Episode Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom