The Combat Jack Show Thread

This ***** from my high school used to look just like him and would quote his ish nonstop. I remember pap used to wear these shirts.

images

images

images

This was popping in 05 06 in the tri state with some girbaud Jean's. I couldn't afford it at the time of course.

RIP Combat. The best running joke on The Combat Jack Show was about Combat on the run from Papoose’s people.

I used to cop Pap mixtapes in that middle 2000s era. But too much hype went into Pap instead of artist development and better deals.

It’s cool that Joe rebranded and became this podcast dude especially because he’s a talkative head ***. But there’s only so much Budden talk I can listen to before I want to Swan Dive into an empty pool.

I always thought Remy had a decent body but that hood NYC Chick attitude is a wash. I was a Pun fan so I remember her from Pun’s 2nd album. She was actually Pun’s artist and I believe she was signed to Pun’s Foundation label alongside Sunkiss and Reif The Hustler. But after Pun’s death, everyone went and did their own thing and she went with Joe. I don’t know what happened to Reif. I think he may dropped a mixtape or two. All I remember about Sunkiss was that him and Joe shot the fair one.

DJ Benhameen is the guest. Dallas and A-King reminiscing with him about the Combat Jack Show days. I love the BBQ money jokes. I attended that BBQ in Bushwick in 2011. I helped Dallas bring the meats out (pause). Bronson, Danny Brown, Jon Connor, Party Supplies, Maffew Ragazino performed. Statik Selektah spun a bit, Benhameen, Meka from 2DopeBoyz (which is where the "Benhameen won't DJ before Meka" joke comes from). I saw El-P chilling with Killer Mike before Run The Jewels even started, before R.A.P. Music dropped. Hipster *****es were playing volleyball in bikini's. Epic moment in Combat Jack Show history.

I finally listened to this after seeing Dallas was on Pete's show. Ben sounded sort of bitter at first with Joe and then turned it around to other people. It must have been some editing with A King. He said it wasn't entertaining? I'm glad Matt Raz stepped in. They also thought Ben was talking about Tax, but he was talking about Andrew. Which was funny, because you can look at both of them as negatives.

You can't complain about a formula when all pods have a formula. Combat was helped by Dame and Just and Joe was helped out by Drake and Meek/Nicki. People were introduced, but they kept listening. And that says something that fans of artist kept listening, even they they listened to disagree with what Joe was saying about the artist they like. A lot of women listen to Joe's pod, without women.

I wish Pete was there

But I don't get the complaining about pods. There's a lot, but most fall off or aren't consistent. People listen to what they like or are interested in.

Clark Kent saying he was wack :lol: Ben was wack, he didn't start getting decent to me until Just stepped his game up.

Last edited:
They be sounding super bitter whenever they get together now. Just reminiscing about paving the way for everyone who podcasts now.:lol:

Lately I’ve been wondering if Tax would’ve ended up becoming a caricature of himself in the current landscape.

He played up to the tough guy stuff during his live podcasts (e.g. telling the crowd to shut the **** up, etc).

Not saying it would’ve happened, just a thought based on how he was moving once he started to catapult.

Black Thought is on Stretch and Bob's pod this week. Dope episode. They include a clip of him freestyling from 94 on their show when Organix was released :lol:

Him not adding to the fight convo :ohwell:

They should have played the Katt radio interview. That would have been jokes.

The Wale discussion was good. Rappers give Wale more credit for rapping than fans. I like Wale, I don't pay attention to the side stuff. I wonder if he came out now in 2018 with social media being like it is would he be perceived differently. It seems like trolling and being an ******* are more acceptable now than it was 10 years ago.

The whole JD and Bow Wow thing is funny.

Heard some gossip ish type of stuff about Joe that was pretty troubling if it is true. You can never really trust anything like that but if true just wow. It definitely involves Diddy so. .umm ya.

Apparently everybody around Diddy sells their soul in one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom