The Combat Jack Show Thread

Joe was getting in to dangerous territory with that Offset and the Doll talk. 19 years old? That's not R Kelly. Kaylen wasn't much older than that. Heck, Cyn is only around 25. But the crying, I didn't know your marriage was that serious :rofl: Oh you're married married :lol:

Tory seems like a funny guy :lol: The Bobby V joke :rofl: My guy needs to play the background forever, nobody will ever forget that.

and one hit wonder J Holiday needs to sit down. The valet while he tried to interject and flex was karma.

I'm glad they mentioned Anderson's album, I wasn't feeling it and stopped playing it.

The problem with a lot of R&B acts is they will hit you with one good album like Frank, August, Bryson, Ty $ and then go back to making mediocre music.

Saying Michael Jackson is R&B is like saying Rihanna or Beyonce are.

Yeah. I heard the side by side comparison of the Ed Sherran. They definitely about to cake off of that joint :lol:

Nore has a pretty good discussion on the show along with Mad Linx.

I guess Pleasure P is on tomorrows show.

Kedar Massenberg had some good points with the king of R&B talk. Joe. :lol: I forgot about Chico Debarge.

Kedar was saying it was Drake.

and I don't think Akon gets the credit he deserves like Kedar was saying.

I’d hit

scusthov.gif

Never really understood the lawsuit...Thicke/Pharrell didn't clear the sample? Thought all that revenue split/copyright gets settled before the song even comes out so you don't get in trouble later on..
Yeah but they didn’t even do that
They tried to say they didn’t sample
Or interpolate

I hated the song, so I tuned it out

Didn't know it was THIS popular

"Blurred Lines" peaked at number one in at least 25 countries and became the number one song of 2013 in several of them. It became Thicke's first, T.I.'s fourth, and Pharrell's third number-one single in the US, where it was also the longest running number one single of 2013. The song subsequently became one of the best-selling singles of all time, with sales of 14.8 million,[8] simultaneously breaking the record for the largest radio audience in history.[9] The single was nominated for two Grammys at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards, including Record of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.[10] The song has been parodied and covered numerous times.

and he even said

Pharrell and I were in the studio and [...] I was like, "Damn, we should make something like that ['Got to Give It Up'], something with that groove." Then he started playing a little something and we literally wrote the song in about half an hour and recorded it. He and I would go back and forth where I'd sing a line and he'd be like, "Hey, hey, hey!" We started acting like we were two old men on a porch hollering at girls like, "Hey, where you going, girl? Come over here!"[12]

:rofl:

Never really understood the lawsuit...Thicke/Pharrell didn't clear the sample? Thought all that revenue split/copyright gets settled before the song even comes out so you don't get in trouble later on..

You would think in 20__ labels and artist would have learned their lesson. They didn't sample it, they redid it with the hopes of getting around the rules and trying to say they were just trying to give the same feeling. We weren't trying to copy it. You can play them right behind each other and see it's basically the same thing. You can't do that with a song that popular. Artist are able to skate around it with obscure songs. That's like the Sting joint Joe was talking about.

It's better to pay up before it becomes popular. They're getting $5 mil and 50% on anything else. I wonder what would have happen if they just went to them in the beginning. Maybe 25%, but probably no more than 50%.

Last edited:
I hated the song, so I tuned it out

Didn't know it was THIS popular

"Blurred Lines" peaked at number one in at least 25 countries and became the number one song of 2013 in several of them. It became Thicke's first, T.I.'s fourth, and Pharrell's third number-one single in the US, where it was also the longest running number one single of 2013. The song subsequently became one of the best-selling singles of all time, with sales of 14.8 million,[8] simultaneously breaking the record for the largest radio audience in history.[9] The single was nominated for two Grammys at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards, including Record of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.[10] The song has been parodied and covered numerous times.

and he even said

Pharrell and I were in the studio and [...] I was like, "Damn, we should make something like that ['Got to Give It Up'], something with that groove." Then he started playing a little something and we literally wrote the song in about half an hour and recorded it. He and I would go back and forth where I'd sing a line and he'd be like, "Hey, hey, hey!" We started acting like we were two old men on a porch hollering at girls like, "Hey, where you going, girl? Come over here!"[12]

:rofl:

You would think in 20__ labels and artist would have learned their lesson. They didn't sample it, they redid it with the hopes of getting around the rules and trying to say they were just trying to give the same feeling. We weren't trying to copy it. You can play them right behind each other and see it's basically the same thing. You can't do that with a song that popular. Artist are able to skate around it with obscure songs. That's like the Sting joint Joe was talking about.

It's better to pay up before it becomes popular. They're getting $5 mil and 50% on anything else. I wonder what would have happen if they just went to them in the beginning. Maybe 25%, but probably no more than 50%.
Yo real talk song was EVERYWHERE
but after that judgement
I ain’t even heard since :lol:

Back
Top Bottom