The Combat Jack Show Thread

That's Jill Scott

Joe seems to have very limited knowledge about streaming in general. Apparently he was asking AK about twitch, which is something every artist should be on if they game and want to pick up a different base.

But he also trashed SoundCloud so Apple would be next in the chopping block.

I'm starting to think he gets most of his talking points from black Twitter and gives it extra sauce for the views.

Joe certainly has no idea about Spotify's projections about potential hardware having Apple shook. Spotify has a little ipod nano type device out in the world for a bout 3 years now, which many probably don't know anything about because it's a device that can ONLY play Spotify playlists for people who don't want to run/exercise with their entire phone. But not that many people wanted mainly because it's another device but also smartwatches are becoming more and more of a thing.
As far as the home speakers all 3 of them are so behind the curve on that because the fact that a smart speaker has Alexa on it has been happening for 3+ years as well is so old they act like this is all new and Spotify is about to drop the first one. Nobody is gonna by a Spotify specific speaker, why the hell would they?

Had to skip past that convo, they so brazenly saying stupid crap irritated me. Actually ended up skipping the second half of the episode because they got annoying over the Chris vs Offset convo. They OD on certain subjects

Joe certainly has no idea about Spotify's projections about potential hardware having Apple shook. Spotify has a little ipod nano type device out in the world for a bout 3 years now, which many probably don't know anything about because it's a device that can ONLY play Spotify playlists for people who don't want to run/exercise with their entire phone. But not that many people wanted mainly because it's another device but also smartwatches are becoming more and more of a thing.
As far as the home speakers all 3 of them are so behind the curve on that because the fact that a smart speaker has Alexa on it has been happening for 3+ years as well is so old they act like this is all new and Spotify is about to drop the first one. Nobody is gonna by a Spotify specific speaker, why the hell would they?

Had to skip past that convo, they so brazenly saying stupid crap irritated me. Actually ended up skipping the second half of the episode because they got annoying over the Chris vs Offset convo. They OD on certain subjects

The Chris/Offset situation could have been funny, but they made it corny.

You would think Chris Brown released Off The Wall and Thriller the way they talk about him

I was shocked when the overwhelming response was Chris Brown being a better rapper than Offset. They said that **** like they were offended the comparison was even made

Them *****s love for Chris Brown is strange :lol:

Their hate for Migos is even stranger.

****. Their hate/passivity for anything outside of NYC is strangest.

ehhh I'll pass on Rem's cleavage
giphy.gif

Wish they had more off the all segments like that is my **** small? Convo a few months back. That **** had me in TEARS :rofl: but don't overdo it like Brilliant Idiots does.
:rofl::rofl:legit tears Joe was like nah fr. Andrew is wild annoying half the time with eh ___ segment/talk stuff..

It’s not.

Joe to an extent dismisses southern hiphop (moreso NEW rap no matter the region). But there is no way in 2019 your gonna sit here & tell me that hip hop as a whole is biased towards NYC/East Coast music... when NYC artist are the ones who have the most difficult time getting love throughout the country. Most NYC artist are either expected to be HOV or NAS level, or get accused of being non original for not sounding like the era before them.

This was barely true in 2009 but at this point NAH, the majority of mainstream rap music is southern influenced & they get all the shine that they deserve.

I was waiting for someone to bring up lyricism as a defense.

After the new years party at Puff's, you got on the podcast and said Diddy's son put you up on a track by Moneybag Yo. Used the song as your sleeper and all that, speaking about how ill it was.

So that negates the argument of lyricism that could be made for the Griselda cats and the Dave Easts in the game who get praised from the pod consistently.

Apart from mainstream acts, these dudes have a flat out bias to where they don't listen to, nor do they champion or check for rap music coming from places outside the tristate.

It's one thing to not be informed of what's ringing off in other regions, but getting on the platform and talking about what is and isn't getting any traction simply because they haven't heard it in NYC is faulty. They could easily acknowledge that they're not well versed in what's hot other places instead of ****tin on music they never made the attempt to listen to.

I'm speaking specifically about Magic, Rory, and Mal. Parks doesn't really jump into this topic as much so either he understands that he doesn't know what's going on in other places, or he's smart enough to keep his mouth shut while everyone else is diving off the ledge.

Back
Top Bottom