The Combat Jack Show Thread

I'm speaking specifically about Magic, Rory, and Mal. Parks doesn't really jump into this topic as much so either he understands that he doesn't know what's going on in other places, or he's smart enough to keep his mouth shut while everyone else is diving off the ledge.

My statement was moreso about in regards to this mindset OVERALL in hiphop not just Joe's Pod. And to keep it a buck Joe doesn't pay attention to the majority of anyone who is in that Trap Lane/Newer artist. If Joe was out here bigging up the Desiigners, A-Boogie's, Flip Deniro's, 22G'z of the world weekly & not speaking on the south, then i would say they have a NYC bias, everyone on that podcast is damn near 30 & up WTF would they be going in depth about Moneybag Yo & NBA youngboy. I think they all make it pretty clear that they aren't checking for that sound of music.

For the mainpart these dudes discuss the hottest cats in mainstream rap, I hear them SEVERELY overate Ross every time he's brought up, they speak on Chainz quite a lot, speak on Future, Migos, Thug all the time. The only ****** who i've heard mention TIP's album Period. We calling Joe NYC bias because he isn't going into in depth rap convos about guys who are still bubbling?

In terms of new NYC artist i've only heard them speak well on Griselda, East (Sort Of), Don Q & Cardi. For the most part none of these other NYC ****** get mentioned on the podcast period.

Dudes are biased towards a certain sound in rap yes, but it's more generational then NYC bias.

I get what you’re saying, and it’s a fair point to point out that they don’t big up all the NYC acts that are on the rise. We can definitely attribute that the generational gap that exists between the old school and not being too pressed to keep up with the new school.

But my point is that they speak on the south’s acts when they don’t have enough information to form a valid opinion. Again, something we harp on damn near every time this gets brought up, the ***** called the album At -leans. That let’s us know without a shadow of a doubt that you’re not well versed on the region’s music. So instead by of acting like you have a valid leg to stand on when speaking on the music you clearly don’t listen to... just don’t bring it up. Not saying nothing leave it to where there’s no criticism or point of reference for cats to say you have a NYC bias.

But we can agree to disagree on that.

Speaking to what you mentioned about NYC cats having the hardest time getting on these days, I can ride with that because the city’s been making some great music as of late. Don Q is the best out of NY right now, but arguably one of the biggest names in music right now is a chick who comes from the Bronx (Cardi). Then you got cats like Griselda, Pardison Fontaine, A Boogie, the Blixy dudes... **** you mans 6 9 will be home any day now. :lol: And with all those acts out here making noise, NY will get a major revitalized boost when Bobby and Rowdy get out.

Music has changed so much that it’s too difficult to even say what it means to be “on” anymore. People have phones and Bluetooth cars/headphones. You’re your own dj. Anyone from anywhere can gain popularity and have a following. They may not make it to the world stage like Cardi, but they can still have great careers in music.

I think Joe and Mal were bias in the 90s and early 00s. I doubt either one of them were going to Virgin or Tower to buy Three 6 Mafia, C-Murder or B.G albums. I think they’re more aware on southern music today but I think it’s a generational thing over the last few years for them now and not a regional bias.

Joe to an extent dismisses southern hiphop (moreso NEW rap no matter the region). But there is no way in 2019 your gonna sit here & tell me that hip hop as a whole is biased towards NYC/East Coast music... when NYC artist are the ones who have the most difficult time getting love throughout the country. Most NYC artist are either expected to be HOV or NAS level, or get accused of being non original for not sounding like the era before them.

This was barely true in 2009 but at this point NAH, the majority of mainstream rap music is southern influenced & they get all the shine that they deserve.

No one, maybe but y'all expects that

Last edited:
I think Joe and Mal were bias in the 90s and early 00s. I doubt either one of them were going to Virgin or Tower to buy Three 6 Mafia, C-Murder or B.G albums. I think they’re more aware on southern music today but I think it’s a generational thing over the last few years for them now and not a regional bias.
Honestly, that’s a lot of us. Elitism combined with legitimately having a great crop of talent coming out of NY up until around the turn of the millenium.

She def seem naive

When 4:44 was getting ready to drop somebody had sent her a record and told her it was a “4:44 leak” :lol:

She got on twitter and literally was gassing the **** out of it, somebody finally got her to post a snippet and it ended up being some old Jay track from the streets is watchin soundtrack or something, **** was hella embarrassing :lol: :smh:

She look like she'll harrass the **** out of you after you ghosted. Endless voicemails and texts.

Nah Scottie gon tweet subliminals for a few weeks hoping you tweet her just so she can RT a sassy comeback at you

I was waiting for someone to bring up lyricism as a defense.

After the new years party at Puff's, you got on the podcast and said Diddy's son put you up on a track by Moneybag Yo. Used the song as your sleeper and all that, speaking about how ill it was.

So that negates the argument of lyricism that could be made for the Griselda cats and the Dave Easts in the game who get praised from the pod consistently.

Apart from mainstream acts, these dudes have a flat out bias to where they don't listen to, nor do they champion or check for rap music coming from places outside the tristate.

It's one thing to not be informed of what's ringing off in other regions, but getting on the platform and talking about what is and isn't getting any traction simply because they haven't heard it in NYC is faulty. They could easily acknowledge that they're not well versed in what's hot other places instead of ****tin on music they never made the attempt to listen to.

That doesn't negative lyricism.

They played Puff's son, because it's Puff's son. That has nothing to do with him being from New York. That's the example you used? That's like using Trey's diss as an example of regional bias.

Where are Cyhi, Lupe and Royce from?

Where are Reason and Boogie from?

I was never attempting to negate lyricism smart guy.

I was pointing out the fact that they can’t say they only rock with lyrical rappers, because when presented with a dope track from someone in the trap lane, they gave it its props.

all that stuff you just said is null and void.

I was waiting for someone to bring up lyricism as a defense.

After the new years party at Puff's, you got on the podcast and said Diddy's son put you up on a track by Moneybag Yo. Used the song as your sleeper and all that, speaking about how ill it was.

So that negates the argument of lyricism that could be made for the Griselda cats and the Dave Easts in the game who get praised from the pod consistently.

Apart from mainstream acts, these dudes have a flat out bias to where they don't listen to, nor do they champion or check for rap music coming from places outside the tristate.

It's one thing to not be informed of what's ringing off in other regions, but getting on the platform and talking about what is and isn't getting any traction simply because they haven't heard it in NYC is faulty. They could easily acknowledge that they're not well versed in what's hot other places instead of ****tin on music they never made the attempt to listen to.
Joe has been dead wrong about Future PLENTY of times. He's flat out said Future wasn't on SNL by himself when he was. Saying Future's not a superstar. He's constantly on this "Future is losing popularity" thing while he continues to sell great. Just say his music ain't for you but you can't speak on his buzz when you're way out the loop on what's going on. :lol: At least lately he admits he's not qualified to speak on Trap music.

I would actually like them to talk about dudes they listen to instead of going on rants about Migos or Future who they don't listen to or know their fan base. Talk more about the Griselda _'s, Roc Marci and whoever.

Exactly. Give us a spiel on how the Griselda cats or Don Q could take their buzz further. At least we know they’re actually knowledgeable about the artists’ work

****** listen to 5 songs from Future’s album and then hit the “he seems to be losing traction” and “he’s not as hot as he was out here anymore” talk. Cornball moves. :lol:

I don't think Future is a superstar. I would say Superstars headline tours and sell out arenas. Future has never done that.

I was never attempting to negate lyricism smart guy.

I was pointing out the fact that they can’t say they only rock with lyrical rappers, because when presented with a dope track from someone in the trap lane, they gave it its props.

all that stuff you just said is null and void.

Puff's kid was a poor example.

Scotty is useless on SOTC. They need to get rid of her, get a moderator and put Joe on the panel

I don't have an issue with Scottie but when Joe gets in his screaming bag when arguing with her it's practically unbearable. Joe and Scottie are opposites so them disagreeing is "good" but the way their conversations are edited it just seems like Joe screams Scottie into submission with no actual resolution.

They had one screaming match. And she was nuts in the matter. Shes too whiny and sometimes don't be saying **** but what Twitter says.

Back
Top Bottom