The Combat Jack Show Thread

I watched Mook on Rap Radar sound like a ****in idiot for 15 minutes before I stopped it.

He was frustrating dude interviewing him :lol:

I've watched like two episodes of Mook's podcast and Idk who listens to him loudly ramble about things consistently. I don't want to hear Joe respond but it's comin' and it'll be one of those "I don't want to talk about this anymore" 25 min conversations that seemingly never end

I want to hear y'all opinion on this JLO convo they havin'. Y'all waiting on the YT video or anybody listening today?
what we talkin about ? The Pop convo?? hard to tell with everybody yelling over each other.
Joe gonna have a heart attack over nothing :rofl::rofl:

That record is POP tho..

what we talkin about ? The Pop convo?? hard to tell with everybody yelling over each other.

Yea. That JLO x Ja Rule song, do y'all consider that Pop?
Cause I'm not hearing Pop

This convo hit me a lil different because when I look at Ariana Grande's music it's also listed as pop but it sounds like R&B/Hip Hop and was super confused as to why she would list it under Pop instead

Yea. That JLO x Ja Rule song, do y'all consider that Pop?
Cause I'm not hearing Pop

This convo hit me a lil different because when I look at Ariana Grande's music it's also listed as pop but it sounds like R&B/Hip Hop and was super confused as to why she would list it under Pop instead
Its Pop to me..sound wise

Although popular music sometimes is known as "pop music", the two terms are not interchangeable. Popular music is a generic term for a wide variety of genres of music that appeal to the tastes of a large segment of the population, whereas pop music usually refers to a specific musical genre within popular music. Popular music songs and pieces typically have easily singable melodies. The song structure of popular music commonly involves repetition of sections, with the verse and chorus or refrain repeating throughout the song and the bridge providing a contrasting and transitional section within a piece.

See I can't hear Pop in that.
And then my issue with the Ariana's music being labeled pop was just like them with JLo, how are we defining Pop?
I see where Joe is coming from, just hard to understand with the the yelling.. Pop sound wise to a sense but performance wise for sure. if a record hit billboard and is on the radio all day and lands on a NOW 20000 album, its Pop.

I like that Pop definition. The way it's broken down lines up with why I hate when people call Hip Hop "Pop". Calling Hip Hop "Pop" bundles it in with a completely different genre of music while also downplaying it's own importance.
Hip Hop is the popular music of the time but it is not Pop

I've never heard anybody call Ariana Grande a r&b singer.

Listen to her album and tell me it doesn't sound like present day R&B

I see where Joe is coming from, just hard to understand with the the yelling.. Pop sound wise to a sense but performance wise for sure. if a record hit billboard and is on the radio all day and lands on a NOW 20000 album, its Pop.

I'd say that it's popular but not necessarily Pop

Listen to her album and tell me it doesn't sound like present day R&B

Using present day R&B ain't really the best example. The last 4-5 years people been tryna change what r&b is. They think these singy/rappy melodic dudes are r&b.

I've never heard Ariana mentioned with Sza, Her or Solange.

Using present day R&B ain't really the best example. The last 4-5 years people been tryna change what r&b is. They think these singy/rappy melodic dudes are r&b.

I've never heard Ariana mentioned with Sza, Her or Solange.

Idk That's how we categorize guys like Ty Dolla $ign, Bryson, 6LACK and other dudes that are singers. She makes similar sounding music doesn't she?

But what makes it pop tho?
Cause it seems it's only pop because her audience is a bit more white

Idk That's how we categorize guys like Ty Dolla $ign, Bryson, 6LACK and other dudes that are singers. She makes similar sounding music doesn't she?

I heard a couple of songs years ago and it was clear pop music and the last song I heard was her new trap beat sounding song that sound like Soulja's Boys old joint.

I went on wikipedia and they got music labeled as pop-trap-r&b. :lol:

Screenshot-2019-03-27-17-43-38.png

She just seems like a pop artist that jumped on whats "cool" and "trendy" so they got her mixing in some other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom