The Combat Jack Show Thread

I'm going to keep it real, I've always considered Kevin to be a corny dude. And it's crazy how I used to watch Tough Crowd so much and never realized that he was on a couple of episodes. Now, Patrice O'Neal was the real deal. Patrice was the funniest on Tough Crowd and one of the funniest comics of all time. I wish he was still around just to see him fight back against social media.
I wish they would bring back Touch Crowd, man.

I was definitely like 12 hooked to that show. Didn’t even know who half the comedians were until I was old enough to really appreciate stand up.:lol:

I wish they would bring back Touch Crowd, man.

I was definitely like 12 hooked to that show. Didn’t even know who half the comedians were until I was old enough to really appreciate stand up.:lol:

I attended a taping of the show once. The guests were Jim Norton, Arnez J, some Australian female comic and Keith Robinson (who mentored Kevin Hart). I was hoping Patrice would be there but seeing Jim and Keith (and of course Colin), who were also regulars, was cool.

Unfortunately, the climate is too shook to bring back Tough Crowd. Social media will cancel that show with the quickness. Also, a lot of those guys moved on or passed away.

Last edited:
I think Mal was right when he said you go see Kevin, because he's Kevin Hart, and not necessarily that you're going to be falling on the floor laughing.
Watching the special this is kinda what I got. Like he's so into the brand of Kevin Hart, the movie star/producer guy with the inspirational IG quotes and that's who was on stage. May as well have been The Rock.

Unfortunately, the climate is too shook to bring back Tough Crowd. Social media will cancel that show with the quickness. Also, a lot of those guys moved on or passed away.
I think this cry that comedy is soft is exaggerated, I hear irreverent **** all the time, it just evolves, comedy has to evolve. When some of the old **** comes on that xm comedy channel, like 70s and older it's so bad it makes my ears bleed but the crowd is dying.

You all’s mans Schulz is pretty out there with the stuff he jokes about in his special.

Just saying. :lol:

Young scooter ain't the most well known

Who said he was the most well known?

Scooter been on a lot of Future and Thug projects. Forget knowing him, they're not even familiar with the name. Rory thought it was Young Thug twitter name. It just shows again how they speak on stuff they know very little about.

Who said he was the most well known?

Scooter been on a lot of Future and Thug projects. Forget knowing him, they're not even familiar with the name. Rory thought it was Young Thug twitter name. It just shows again how they speak on stuff they know very little about.

He's not well known enough to be known by casual rap listeners. Because that's what they are.

He's not well known enough to be known by casual rap listeners. Because that's what they are.

Forget knowing him, they're not even familiar with the name.

If they listen to Future and Thug as much as they say they should know he's not Young Thug. :lol:

Salute to Parks.

On a show where Joe is tantruming out, contradicting himself left and right, Rory speaking about things like he was born in the 80s, and Mal being too cool for his own good, homie Parks is a good addition and at times seems like the most normal of the bunch. Like he never seems to be putting on a persona for the pod.

I’ll check it out.

Last edited:
I think this cry that comedy is soft is exaggerated, I hear irreverent **** all the time, it just evolves, comedy has to evolve. When some of the old **** comes on that xm comedy channel, like 70s and older it's so bad it makes my ears bleed but the crowd is dying.

I don't think it's exaggerated. Patrice wasn't that old. He started out in the 90s but really started making a name for himself in the 2000s. Schultz is trying to bring things back to the no holds barred style of comedy but he's not that big of an act. He can get away with certain things. Bigger acts Kevin or Chappelle get criticized in the media for the things they say. A lot of people didn't like the transgendered material in Chappelle's Netflix special nor did they like that situation with John Mayer and the other singer who Chappelle called gay. A show like Tough Crowd, which used to air nightly on Comedy Central, would get shut down today. And they had complaints back then but they had the benefit of little to no social media. Great comedy is timeless regardless of era. The references might be a bit dated but the premises work well.

Back
Top Bottom