The Combat Jack Show Thread

Chamillionaire killed Jay's Intro, it's not as good obviously but this **** gets a lot of play by me

still dont see what the big hoopla
was for chamillionaire
dude is trash
i remember yall hyping up this freestyle
headed to youtube to listen
**** was mad trash

Draya+, the Katt Leya shout-out, Joe constantly mentioning ___s being "on firm", and that whole women's weight convo were all hilarious :lol:

They talking about Summer Walker and her awkwardness a lot. Most of these new artists are socially off. Ain't no more artist development and **** like that. These internet kids get popular off one song and become stars and now you have to have some kinda structure and treat this like a career. A lot of 18-24 years olds period are like that. They didn't grow up outside and having interactions with people that much, relative to people that grew up through the 80's-early 2000's.

They talking about Summer Walker and her awkwardness a lot. Most of these new artists are socially off. Ain't no more artist development and **** like that. These internet kids get popular off one song and become stars and now you have to have some kinda structure and treat this like a career. A lot of 18-24 years olds period are like that. They didn't grow up outside and having interactions with people that much, relative to people that grew up through the 80's-early 2000's.

Summer Walker “awkwardness” is part of her appeal tho :lol:. She’s VERY subtly intentional with it. Her appeal is a sense of relate-ability.

Let’s also remember, People grew tired of we’ll formulated, seemingly perfect rap/r&b and pop stars. This is why people got in the fake weird bag’s around a certain time. All of it is the same ****, just a different angle looking at it. Artist development of the past meant completely stripping an artist of what made them unique....in order to present them as what the label thought the consumer wanted.

The thing about being socially awkward and internet savvy is while this newer generation lacks social skills in person....they are miles ahead on branding and how to communicate and market themselves on social media. Versus the older generation who probably are personable in person...but time and time again....we see how GOOFY and out of touch they are on social media :lol:. It’s all relative. It’s like an inverse the more I think about it. A weird balance of such.

That being said...people born in that sweet spot from ‘85 to ‘92 have the best balance of both worlds imo.

Summer Walker “awkwardness” is part of her appeal tho :lol:. She’s VERY subtly intentional with it. Her appeal is a sense of relate-ability.

Let’s also remember, People grew tired of we’ll formulated, seemingly perfect rap/r&b and pop stars. This is why people got in the fake weird bag’s around a certain time. All of it is the same ****, just a different angle looking at it. Artist development of the past meant completely stripping an artist of what made them unique....in order to present them as what the label thought the consumer wanted.

The thing about being socially awkward and internet savvy is while this newer generation lacks social skills in person....they are miles ahead on branding and how to communicate and market themselves on social media. Versus the older generation who probably are personable in person...but time and time again....we see how GOOFY and out of touch they are on social media :lol:. It’s all relative. It’s like an inverse the more I think about it. A weird balance of such.

That being said...people born in that sweet spot from ‘85 to ‘92 have the best balance of both worlds imo.

Artist development wasn't stripping people of what made them unique. It was taking what they had and polishing it in most cases. Their skill, how to make records, live performance, interviews. Remember Dr Dre, Puff, RZA, Teddy Riley, Devante, Timbaland, J Prince, Organized Noize developed artist. It wasn't always white people forcing something. Yeah sometimes they would try to force a image on a artist but that wasn't always the case. Aalyiah was the shy girl so let's give her some shades and she'll be the cool/mysterious girl. Missy was a super creative, mind all over the place so let's play to that. Snoop was a camera shy _ from Long Beach so we can polish him into a laid back and cool type _.

That's why a lot of these new rappers/singers lack in skill and look crazy tryna perform live. One day they at the crib uploading music, the next they getting talking about on every podcast and getting booked for shows.

I would rather have a mouthpiece than be savy on social media. I wouldn't even call these new artist "savy". They just throw **** out and the public runs to it. Time and time again we some new artist putting their foot in their mouth or just doing some dumb ****.

It’s definitely somewhat of an act. She was a stripper. I don’t know if I can believe socially awkward strippers exist

That fat broad Lizzo has a hive?

Lizzo went from 0 to 100. From a nobody, to appearing in movies and on award shows and people don't think she's a plant? It's cool though, the fat girls need a hero and someone to root for.

For some of these artist to have grown up in a social media age, they sure can't handle negativity.

This whole **** is weird.

I agree with Mal, YBN didn't need to record himself crying. But these weirdo fans probably like that. And it makes him more accessible. They might not buy his album, but they might go support him in concert.

Summer Walker and Ari. The **** is just weird. It's ok not to show everything. I would to see the shelf life of these artist and if exposing everything gives them longevity.

That fat broad Lizzo has a hive?

Lizzo went from 0 to 100. From a nobody, to appearing in movies and on award shows and people don't think she's a plant? It's cool though, the fat girls need a hero and someone to root for.

For some of these artist to have grown up in a social media age, they sure can't handle negativity.

This whole **** is weird.

I agree with Mal, YBN didn't need to record himself crying. But these weirdo fans probably like that. And it makes him more accessible. They might not buy his album, but they might go support him in concert.

Summer Walker and Ari. The **** is just weird. It's ok not to show everything. I would to see the shelf life of these artist and if exposing everything gives them longevity.

Lizzo been around in the indie scene for a cool min tho

I first heard of her like 5-6 years when she was working with Prince, she like in her early 30s

Lizzo been around in the indie scene for a cool min tho

I first heard of her like 5-6 years when she was working with Prince, she like in her early 30s

I know

that doesn't stop her from being pushed by Atlantic in to stardom

Wallo weak as hell for naming his girl all five times.

Toybox page is crazy but that **** ain’t natural at all.

I was dying when Gillie skipped his turn, that **** is weak though

Gillie and Dev going at it got me dying

Last edited:
I know

that doesn't stop her from being pushed by Atlantic in to stardom

I mean that’s what the label supposed to do tho :lol:

She already had the white women/gay fanbase but she got a lot bigger off her Internet personality /twitter notoriety the last two years. That kinda **** not that easy to manufacture

It’s not like she a 18 yr old that blew up off her first song

So hol up :lol:

After all that Mal is back watching the NFL. This is my main point with these social media protesters. They don't know what a boycott really is. If you gonna watch it now, it was no point in "boycotting" before. They still blackballed him and didn't even give him a fair try-out last week.

So hol up :lol:

After all that Mal is back watching the NFL. This is my main point with these social media protesters. They don't know what a boycott really is. If you gonna watch it now, it was no point in "boycotting" before. They still blackballed him and didn't even give him a fair try-out last week.
He’s not watching anymore

Back
Top Bottom