The Combat Jack Show Thread

Joe is socially awkward, but it's weird as hell, because he was an artist and media and conducts interviews.

I don't know how you can pass off dude's change as he turned 40 and grew :lol:

The way he was acting in his 30s was the behavior of an ignorant 20 something.

No need to project your growth on dude. He didn't change, he smartened up.

The right troll shows up in an interview could easily goad him back down that path.

Joe is socially awkward, but it's weird as hell, because he was an artist and media and conducts interviews.

it’s weird . Whenever he gets interviewed, it’s like he trying too hard to be mysterious maybe? Or smart ***? or a contrarian? Idk

whatever it is , it’s annoying as hell though . Adam did a good job carrying on the convo though

It's the truth, if she wasn't under Clive Davis and wasn't light her non-singing *** career would have been dead as quickly as Jimmy Cozier's.
It was you. Why are you doing this?

I watched I her climb on a piano pregnant and perform. No one who would do that along w/ the songs & album to back it is gonna fizzle out fast. And ppl thought he was a wild butch when she 1st came out.

When is the last time she was popping musically?

My sister born in the 2000's and loves (or loved as a kid) "No One" and "Girl on Fire" :lol:

She hasn't had hella hits the last ten years after the joints with Drake but aside from Beyonce what female R&B act in Keys' age range has been popping like that these past ten years? She had a pretty good career and will def be remembered from this era.

Last edited:
Up until that "BEYONCE" album Alicia may have been the bigger domestic artist b/t the 2 & Beyonce dropped that record in 2013. Has far as consistency goes & overall exposure to the genre I'd argue that Alicia Keys & Beyonce has carried on their backs.

My sister born in the 2000's and loves (or loved as a kid) "No One" and "Girl on Fire" :lol:

She hasn't had hella hits the last ten years after the joints with Drake but aside from Beyonce what female R&B act in Keys' age range has been popping like that these past ten years?

She pretty much skipped her 30's being relevant musically

and others from like Anderson Paak, Solange, Jhene Aiko, Jazmine Sullivan and Janelle Monae have been relevant in their 30's

She pretty much skipped her 30's being relevant musically

and others from like Anderson Paak, Solange, Jhene Aiko, Jazmine Sullivan and Janelle Monae have been relevant in their 30's

1. Anderson Paak is just getting mainstream recognition.

2. Solange was appreciated until "Cranes in the Sky". Definitely the better musician b/t her & Beyonce, imo.

3. Jazmine barely drops, her and Elle Varner were supposed to be up next. Don't know what happened w/ them.

4. Jhene dropped a great album last, but she's in that weird space of being... Idk if forgettable is correct word to use.

5. Janelle Monae is under appreciated. That Dirty Computer rollout was expensive as hell; which makes me wonder if it recouped it's budget. Did that album even go gold? I'm not expecting another album from her for like another.
Janelle Monae is damn near the female Donald Glover. Black ppl don't **** w/ them on average. Chicks wasn't giving her the time of day based of the premise of her wearing a damn suit :smh:

This musical film only has 2.6 million views in 3yrs :lol: :smh:

Yeah I'm done w/ this conversation, I'm getting irriatated. Everyone you've named talents has pretty much been glossed over on large scale. Bruno gave Anderson the look, so he might blow up numbers wise.

It's the truth, if she wasn't under Clive Davis and wasn't light her non-singing *** career would have been dead as quickly as Jimmy Cozier's.
Well you just added a lot more to that.

The person on Twitter said Alicia's success and how far she's gotten is based on her being pretty.

Back
Top Bottom