roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 AYO FABIAN COME DOWNSTAIRS OR NOBODYS GOING ON A HOME VISIT

Last edited:
After about 30 minutes I was good with the Bes episode

You want that again, or you didn't like that from the early days of the show? I can't ever see that dynamic returning since it was like 4-5 dudes in the studio at the time. Now it's just Combat.

I liked that about the show. When it was Dallas, Pete, Ben and Matt Raz. Now it's sort of a normal interview show. At least Juan Ep invoke some personality in their shoe.

Bes telling Tax he has a fragile frame :rofl:....then Describing himself saying his body was built for violence :lol:.

This dude is funny.

After about 30 minutes I was good with the Bes episode
You want that again, or you didn't like that from the early days of the show? I can't ever see that dynamic returning since it was like 4-5 dudes in the studio at the time. Now it's just Combat.
I liked that about the show. When it was Dallas, Pete, Ben and Matt Raz. Now it's sort of a normal interview show. At least Juan Ep invoke some personality in their shoe.
That's the issue I have with the show now. There's no personality.

I unsubbed from combat before the rants and before the breakups

something just doesn't click anymore

Last edited:
Bes reminds me of the old heads who have mad jail stories :lol:. Dude was shouting out mad hoods too Dekalb and nostrand :pimp:

Tax got wayyy too high on that last episode. Bes smoked him out and had dude talking straight nonsense. Bes was slick clowning dude but he was too gone to even realize it. :rofl:

Tax got wayyy too high on that last episode. Bes smoked him out and had dude talking straight nonsense. Bes was slick clowning dude but he was too gone to even realize it.
roll.gif
I caught that.
roll.gif

Tax was just saying 'god damn, I'm so high right now' for the second half of the podcast.

New Bodega Boys. Gotta be my favorite podcast right now. Sucks that they drop every six months.
laugh.gif

Tax got wayyy too high on that last episode. Bes smoked him out and had dude talking straight nonsense. Bes was slick clowning dude but he was too gone to even realize it. :rofl:
I caught that.:rofl:

Tax was just saying 'god damn, I'm so high right now' for the second half of the podcast.

New Bodega Boys. Gotta be my favorite podcast right now. Sucks that they drop every six months.:lol:

That paradigm shifting art.

Tax got wayyy too high on that last episode. Bes smoked him out and had dude talking straight nonsense. Bes was slick clowning dude but he was too gone to even realize it.
roll.gif
it felt like tax finally met somebody who could do what he does , just a lil bit better 

This Eric B episode of combat is amazing and as someone who didn't connect with that era of rap too much it's still ridiculously interesting to see how much they did for hiphop in that time, also love that dude seems so cool with his position rather then being disgruntled.

episodes like this also showcase why i like the combat show so much now, because he's an amazing interviewer and takes it very serious. All the other **** dudes use to bring is fun and all but i have Tax 7 bodega boys for ***** and giggles/ current event stuff. When a guest is on combat i want a great interview and he usually does that.

I know Rosenberg is going to be upset that Rap Radar got Angie before them :lol:

I don't agree with what Eric said about producing at all. Bringing someone a record to sample doesn't mean you produced it. Also paying someone up front, and them not getting points off it doesn't mean they didn't produce it. If he didn't believe in them, he's going to get it off the front end. Plus he might have been in need of money. That wasn't unusual. Also a lot of engineers were actually producing the records back then, but didn't get credit. It was pretty common for the engineer to bring the artist ideas to life while the artist got production credits. Extra P's mentor Paul C was famous for that. He was an engineer who was producing records, who taught others how to produce.

You can tell the difference when after Biz artist couldn't sample the way they did, so a lot of these "artist" producers were phased out. That was the big difference in the 80's and 90's. You had your Larry Smith's and Marley's but the super producer didn't really exist back in the 80's. Look at Follow The Leader, it was so called totally produced by Eric B and Rakim. So why on 18th Letter doesn't he have anything? Because what went on back then wasn't allowed back in 97 when 18th Letter came out. A engineer wasn't going to ghost produce for no credit.

Then he used the Quincy argument, which totally contradicted himself.

Shan has the same gripes Eric B has, and I don't really get it. I guess they want a bigger chunk of history.

It's pretty easy to go grab a common James Brown record and tell someone to use this. That's what separated them from someone like Pete Rock or Large. They were taking bits and pieces and making it unrecognizable. The way records were done shifted when you couldn't just steal a whole track with De La and Biz. Large had the same stuff happen to him with Breaking Atoms where the two DJ's got production credit. Dudes were just happy to get on, and didn't even really know what production was.

You aren't hearing Jay-Z running around saying he's a producer. He brought 9th the sample for Threat. He's done the same for songs Just and Kanye did. In the 80's he would have taken 9th's credit though and he would be listed as a producer.

Last edited:
I can understand why Angie would do Rapradar before Juan Ep, seems like they've been getting closer with HOT97 staff lately. From recording in the building again , and having Ebro on the show. Still seems kinda strange cause Ciph talks about how cool they are.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was strange to me, because she was selling a book, but not really. It doesn't come out for another two months. They had just mentioned after Kap died they needed to do Angie too.

:rofl: @ Joe asking dude for his buddy pass. This Budden. :lol: I was cracking up in my car at that story.

whole time I didn't realize Jay told 9th to sample that track
mad.gif

I've heard 9th tell that story a good 4 times and forgot that tidbit

tax talking bout LL and russell wilson got me dying "deepest bluest my hat is like a sharks fin" 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I forgot about that :lol:

that an Accidental Racist :smh:

Though I do think he's a legend and one of the greats, LL has proven he will sell out for a check

Back
Top Bottom