The Combat Jack Show Thread

We using charts as our barometer of buzz?
That song was everywhere during a pandemic. B/t that & "Blinding Light", idk which I heard more in passing.
The HER conversation is interesting

That's a low number for that build up and all the promotion.

I think one reason is she doesn't seem natural, and she ends up not relatable. The whole she's mixed, she's a mystery and plays all these instruments. The people want more these days. Especially as a female artist. Do the fans get to know HER?
Her fanbase is the industry pushing her. She could get away w/ being "mysterious" if it didn't seem like a gimmick & ppl actually knew her songs.

The HER conversation is interesting

That's a low number for that build up and all the promotion.

I think one reason is she doesn't seem natural, and she ends up not relatable. The whole she's mixed, she's a mystery and plays all these instruments. The people want more these days. Especially as a female artist. Do the fans get to know HER?
She’s not fully out there yet . Her “mystique” limits her reach. They’ll probably have her release another debut album :lol:

That song was everywhere during a pandemic. B/t that & "Blinding Light", idk which I heard more in passing.

Her fanbase is the industry pushing her. She could get away w/ being "mysterious" if it didn't seem like a gimmick & ppl actually knew her songs.
Up was not everywhere. Blinding lights was and it was out much longer..

Up was popular as well, **** was all over the radio and TikTok

Top 5 on Billboard for like 2 months then went #1 after the Grammys. As of last week MRC Data says this is currently the fourth highest selling single of the year, def not a came and went track

As long as Pardison keep cranking out them records Cardi good :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
We using charts as our barometer of buzz?

I’d argue all the turn up music is microwave music these day though. YSL just dropped some fire like a month ago and that seems like last year lol

my point is , when she drops the music goes and does well . I didn’t count how long it got played in the club though but there’s no sign that she’s actually over or losing buzz

Yeah, Joe mentioned how Tyler didn't get any attention

I think Lil Nas X sort of overshadowed everything

I knew people would start to notice. You can't say you're a mental health advocate and think it's funny or entertaining trying to tear someone down.

These dudes(Chatty & Joe) are so fake, their true characters going to come out.

I get the running jokes that they have weekly but last week was different. Without even seeing her face, I could tell the level of upset that she was. She even started to mention mental health to Charlemagne and it was brushed off. I don’t think she minded the Reddit comments at all, but the jokes from the guys was too much.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican Listening to Brilliant Idiots, they’re definitely speaking to Taylor with that conversation about people knowing their roles. Thoughts on them keeping her off the show moving forward?

:lol:

Anytime he talks wit a black person he hits the same talking points :lol: But lowkey he right about Joe A. passively and dismissively making assumptions about **** he don't know about (Alex Jones is a wacko but has nothing to do with the KKK or racism to my knowledge) and B. being very eager to take a check from Facebook/Patreon/Cash App/Spotify etc. while tryna be some type of whistleblower who would pile on if they ever got exposed for being involved in some foul ****. I don't know if Patreon got anything to do with starving Africans tho :lol:

Last edited:

:lol:

Anytime he talks wit a black person he hits the same talking points :lol: But lowkey he right about Joe A. passively and dismissively making assumptions about **** he don't know about (Alex Jones is a wacko but has nothing to do with the KKK or racism to my knowledge) and B. being very eager to take a check from Facebook/Patreon/Cash App/Spotify etc. while tryna be some type of whistleblower who would pile on if they ever got exposed for being involved in some foul ****. I don't know if Patreon got anything to do with starving Africans tho :lol:

I have yet to watch a clip from TIs podcast and plan on keeping it that way :lol:

Back
Top Bottom