THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

scaled.php

love.gif

bane.gif

tumblr_m7d1pswsC81qcpckso1_1280.gif

Ol dude who played Robin was spectacular...

Hines Ward scoring that td = biggest stretch ever

Bane was that dude
smokin.gif

Excellent movie... :pimp:

sidenote: I aint know that Batman Begins was the first in the trilogy... i need to go watch that

Last edited:
/\ Good point. It was 5 months to blow and the island couldn't have been completely quarantined if those special agent dudes got on.

More of a Robin really, I guess he does represent almost all Robins being an orphan and all. He was more **** Grayson I guess since **** did become Batman for a little while in the comics and is the only Robin to wear the cowl.

But he says his real name is Robin at the end.....

You guys think this is the last one? Movie was great, but is this suppose to be the last of the "trilogy " or the last batman Nolan is doing?

I still want to see Johnny Depp as The Riddler on some Saw type swag

I see him doing another one in the future. I hope it's The Riddler and Penguin or Freeze.

Last edited:
But he says his real name is Robin at the end.....
You guys think this is the last one? Movie was great, but is this suppose to be the last of the "trilogy " or the last batman Nolan is doing?
I still want to see Johnny Depp as The Riddler on some Saw type swag

Grayson is Robin in the comics, the original Robin. Nolan giving Blake the Robin name is just symbolism because he was pretty much playing the part of Robin throughout the film and then steps into Batmans shoes just like Grayson in the comics.

It's the last of Nolans Batman, next Batman will likely ignore the events that happened in Nolanverse. Nolan already said it is his last and the same goes with Bale and the rest of the cast. They've been saying this closes the books on this Batman for years now. I think Nolan is simply moving on to other things that has nothing to do with Batman at this point.

Last edited:
I see him doing another one in the future. I hope it's The Riddler and Penguin or Freeze.

If they do another one to get ready for JLA, these are the villains that I would expect to see, all the other good ones have been used in Nolan's films

Watched it again today and enjoyed it even more.

The story/plot/creativity of this movie is just amazing. It was like 3 stories meshed into a movie.

TDKR and TDK shares the top of the list of favorite movies. Both are downright equally good. Two completely different stories.

With all the praise Hardy and Ledger have gotten for their roles as villains, Cillian Murphy did a great job as Scarecrow in Batman Begins.

Sooooo are we just going to overlook the fact that Wayne did NOT get to GC overnight?
The bomb was set up to blow in 5 months. Isn't it feasible that he found a way there or had at least been plotting it since he's been locked up. Remember, the bomb is the only thing that has time tied to it so it's all ambiguous. It never crossed my mind that Wayne got there overnight, simply because it's not that big of a deal.
Maybe my memory is failing me, but I recall someone saying the bomb goes off in two days, and at that point Bruce was still in the prison...

I guess my point is this: We can all agree he didn't just walk to a plane, hand over his passport and fly into Gotham...Something interesting would have had to happen for him to get to the other side of the world.

I wouldn't accept a plot whole like this from a book or any other great movie, so I'm not gonna accept it in a movie about Batman, just because he's a superhero. 

I'm going to have to agree on all the points made here. I really REALLY respect what Nolan has done as a director and a writer but these items are flaws. That's not to discount that this is still a GREAT film. It is just not "The best 160 minutes I've spent in a theater" as others are touting it to be. I put Inception ahead of this film in Nolan's catalog.
Things of note are like how quickly he got back, the passage of time throughout the film, the overlooking of his initial injury(s) at the start of the film, and the USB drive with the "Clean Slate" that just got given away. They all just felt way too convenient and rushed. The biggest downfall of this film is that it has too many "moving parts". Like I said, this is still an amazing film and I adore the ending for actually being a satisfying culmination.
I'm watching it again in legit IMAX tonight so I'll ponder this a bit more.

After watching this movie for the second time tonight, I was able to catch on to a lot of things. First off, it wasn't just the goons that closed off gotham but also the military helped out. Secondly, batman's transition from the prison to gotham doesn't happen in hours but more life a few days. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but before they cut to the prison scene they had like 5 days before the explosion, then right before they showed batman's return he only had a couple hours till the explosion. Lastly, Tate's death was god awful. I had to chuckle at that scene

How does Bane know Bruce = Batman??

And I am assuming Tate knew Bruce = Batman from the get-go yes? That's why she wanted to work her way up Wayne Enterprise and grab Bruce's trust and/or love so she could grab ahold of the nuclear energy and use it to fulfill her father's dream? So that means Ras told his daughter who Bruce really was, and in turn, she told Bane??

I'm pretty sure that they stated that a couple days passed since bruce left the prison. Wasn't the bomb do to explode in like a week then when bruce got there it was a couple hours?

^ Most likely, durty.
Ra's Al Ghul knew who Batman was, obviously. Miranda/Talia is Ra's daughter, so naturally she would know too. Therefore, if she told Bane, he knew.
It was awesome/creepy as **** when Bane greeted Batman in the sewers... "Mr. Wayne..."

Some impressions after watching the movie last night

Security was beefed up so props to them and police for taking into account of the recent events.
Bane was hard to understand.
Anne Hathaway was :evil:
Both Bane and Batman fight scenes were awesome. One of the main attributes of Batman is his hand to hand combat and this film did a great job of portraying that.
The way Batman teleported from the prison to Gotham was a head scratcher but I'll buy it. I was tired and didn't really think of it much util the next day.
When Miranda Tate died, :stoneface:

Overall great movie and I do plan on watching it again next week. Easily the best movie of 2012.

Sidenote:
Tell me why the moment Bale puts on that knee brace that extended his knees, I immediately though of Brandon Roy and his comeback

Last edited:
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but before they cut to the prison scene they had like 5 days before the explosion, then right before they showed batman's return he only had a couple hours till the explosion. Lastly, Tate's death was god awful. I had to chuckle at that scene

I thought it was a couple of days too but I have to watch it again to make sure.

And yeah, Tate death was laughable. I thought it was a gag reel for a second there.

Superman helped him get back to Gotham.... A couple of days had passed from when he climbed out of the prison to showing up back to Gotham, who cares how he got there.

I didn't care to see Mitch's car ride from jail back to his block in Paid in Full or how George Clooney went from being released from jail in the end of Ocean's Eleven to being home with his wife in Ocean's Twelve nor seeing Red hitch a bus to Fort Hancock, TX to cross into Mexico to reunite with Andy Dufresne in Shawshank.

So I didn't need to see 10 minutes wasted on how billionaire Bruce Wayne got back into Gotham, which btw he knows like the back of his hand.

I get your point about how the city changes but the way I see it is
Bat beg- city looks dirty and dark because of all the crime until bat cleans up the city
Tdk- city looks cleaner because of bat and remember how in the movie all the mob bosses were scared cuz of batman and also Harvey dent was getting the criminals
Tdkr- bat put in work from the past and cuz chief Gordon
So as the crime slowly lessens the city slowly improves. I think that's why the city changes

I just think it changes because they got a bigger budget for the movie to be honest...

I just think it changes because they got a bigger budget for the movie to be honest...

I don't think so. Batman Begins and TDK were still mostly filmed in Chicago iirc. The budget different between the two films are also just $35mil, it wasn't a big bump like from $50mil to $200mil. BBs budget is $150mil and TDK at $185mil. TDK did have to be filmed internationally for that Hong Kong scene, the same with TDKR in the foreign pit scene and that is probably where the bulk of that extra budget goes. I am kind of murky where else the first two films were filmed outside of Chicago but TDKR was all over the place, they had a scene in NY, LA, Pittsburgh, some Chicago scenes as well I think and the India scenes and Italy or France (not 100% sure with this one) so the budget is probably in the $200mil for the last part of the trilogy.

Let's not forget Gotham City is huge like any other major US city. Batman Begins focused on the bad part of the city which was separated from the rest of the city by that bridge. It had a real Arkham City feel to it.

In TDK is where you see a little more of the rest of the city and DKR shows even more. They even used the same underpass highway where the Joker was attacking the police vehicle carrying Harvey Dent in all 3 movies. It was seen where Talia dies in DKR and I don't remember exactly when in Batman Begins but I remember noticing it during the marathon.

I don't think so. Batman Begins and TDK were still mostly filmed in Chicago iirc. The budget different between the two films are also just $35mil, it wasn't a big bump like from $50mil to $200mil. BBs budget is $150mil and TDK at $185mil. TDK did have to be filmed internationally for that Hong Kong scene, the same with TDKR in the foreign pit scene and that is probably where the bulk of that extra budget goes. I am kind of murky where else the first two films were filmed outside of Chicago but TDKR was all over the place, they had a scene in NY, LA, Pittsburgh, some Chicago scenes as well I think and the India scenes and Italy or France (not 100% sure with this one) so the budget is probably in the $200mil for the last part of the trilogy.

I remember reading somewhere that they did not have much of a budget for Begins and no one was really expecting anything of it because of the debacles with the last Batman series. But they had such a good response with Begins which in turn gave them a bigger budget for TDK. Most of the city in Begins was filmed in a Hanger that was transformed into a city. I still have not seen rises yet, but what I liked about Begins is that I went into not expecting much and that it was very "simple"( I think that it is the best one). But with TDK, you are filming all over the place and you went into it with expectations. Same thing goes for Rises.

I remember reading somewhere that they did not have much of a budget for Begins and no one was really expecting anything of it because of the debacles with the last Batman series. But they had such a good response with Begins which in turn gave them a bigger budget for TDK.

Well it is a fact that BB did get a $150mil budget and TDK got $185mil, I was looking at it last week when comparing with other Marvel films budgets. Adding the marketing and huge viral campaign for TDK probably made it cost more but the production budget isn't a big jump from BB.

Back
Top Bottom