THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

I asked my girlfriend these questions to make her more confused;
Was Catwoman bisexual, what was the point of the blonde?
Did you understand why Bane wears the mask?

Solid movie, everyone must agreed, the movie was chunky, definitely too many "moving parts" as someone noted, could have been executed more swiftly and it could have been as good at Lord Of The Rings: The Return of The King. During the 1st half, all I could think of was how good Inception was & my 6 year old wouldn't stop asking where's Batman.

On another note, what was your favorite scene?

I read Knightfall to my son the night before, when Bane breaks Batman in the movie, chills, literally jumped out of my seat

The movie is good... seen it again last night but I really wanted to see it in IMAX.... just might have to see it for a 3rd time next weekend in IMAX.
Feeling that...
QFMFT!
Each line he said was too SOLID.

Bane was just on another level during that fight

I think the ending saved the movie. I didn't think it was anything special until then. But as some people said on here, good movie but the Dark Knight was better.

I asked my girlfriend these questions to make her more confused;
Was Catwoman bisexual, what was the point of the blonde?
Did you understand why Bane wears the mask?
Solid movie, everyone must agreed, the movie was chunky, definitely too many "moving parts" as someone noted, could have been executed more swiftly and it could have been as good at Lord Of The Rings: The Return of The King. During the 1st half, all I could think of was how good Inception was & my 6 year old wouldn't stop asking where's Batman.
On another note, what was your favorite scene?
I read Knightfall to my son the night before, when Bane breaks Batman in the movie, chills, literally jumped out of my seat
at first I thought she was a lesbian, not that theres anything wrong with that. Her and the blonde girl were a little too close. But then she was making out with Brice, So i guess she does swing both ways.

As for the bane mask, I understood the overall reason, to stop pain. But I mustve missed how the mask did that

my favorite scenes:

when all hell broke loose and people were beating the crap out of rich people, stealing their stuff, bridges destroyed |I

Wayne and Selina dancing together

Bane with the "Mr Wayne". He had some very good one liners. The first fight was amazing.

How Bane interacted with his henchmen. ruthless

The scene with Alfred leaving and the one at the end. He destroyed this role

Football scene was well done.

I loved Bane's voice but I guess I'm in the minority

The stock market scene was dope

loved the cops chasing after batman instead of bane. Showed how Bats truly is despised and the city hated him. Plus how Modine's character was an ambitious fool.

Plane scene was dope

Alfred seeing Wayne at the resturant was great and heartfelt

acting was out of this world for 99 percent of the movie. Anne was amazing. Bale had his best performance of the trilogy. Morgan freeman always good. Oldman is always underrated. Caine...

Scenes I didn't like plus gripes

Almost everything in the jail pit just didn't seem right to me. There was nothing to show that it was the worst place on earth. food and water all provided. Nobody messing with each other. Cheering for each other. The leap to the next stone was anto climactic. It just didnt do anything for me. I understand the hope analogy is included alot in the movie I just wasn't feeling the pit.

How did wayne get to gotham

The second fight was was okay but Batman didn't do that much differant. He is a detective at heart and should have used his brain to defeat Bane as well as his fists. I mean a broken, beaten up, out of practice batman gets a few shots on the mask and thats it? mehh

more details on how he escaped the nuke. yes i know about auto piolot, but a nuke has a fallout radius.

WTF is a chip that erases everything? If i know your face, what is a chip gonna prove?

Talia in the truck was awful. She's a great actress, he's a great director. don't know where that came from

Bit more info on how Blake found out Wayne was batman

How are they gonna live the rest of their lives? Wayne get his money back? how could he, he's buried. Selina just gonna rob people? how is he not going to be recognized?

I want to know how much Bane truly believed in what Talia and him were doing. Was it really just for her? Did they both truly think that gotham was evil and it's time was up an dmust be destroyed? I felt like I understood Ra's motivations much more clearly. There were so many 99% references... did they truly care about wealth disparity? was that a main reason Gotham failed? I just have no idea what either really cared about. Just fufiling Ra's goal but what did they feel about it?

I'm fine with Selina shooting Bane. It redeemed her character. She came back and helped Bruce. If it was a rated R movie it would have been done better. probably a hole through his head.

Last edited:
Saw it last night at a science center, movie was awesome, loved the ending too....it was kinda funny seeing the huge fight scene in the snow since I watched them film it right next to school here in pittsburgh, it was hot as hell during those days of filming :lol:

this movie was pure epic, and yes more epic than tdk. the acting was great, but still thought tdk was only slightly better in acting.
only had three little nitpicks.i dont like how they revealed robin (and how near the end he finds the batcave) , the timing of bruce wayne rising from the prison to get to gotham city (but not really that important), and how the hell did he survive?!!? but other than that :D
anne and marion :evil:
banes voice :smokin
fight scenes :smokin
watching the movie in IMAX :smokin

there is absolutely no way anyone can top TDK. c'mon now, Joker, two face, death of rachel
and creation of two face. JOKER JOKER JOKER JOKER.
Nolan just had to make a decent film to follow up that crazy masterpiece.

TDKR is AWESOME. It's a great film for sure. My rating is

BB = 8/10
TDK = 9/10
TDKR = 8.5/10

There is just no way you can beat TDK just because of Heath Ledger. That dude was a beast.

Gripes:
I hated how John Blake was called "Robin" in the end. C'mon now, people could see it for themselves.
It was an unnecessary spoon feeding that I found a tad insulting.

Scarecrow being there. I found it pointless and reaching... for something.

The ending was inception-like. I wanted a definitive ending. He went with a "could be dead or alive"
mind f***ing. If Bruce escaped the Bat wing in the middle of the water granted he was beyond the
blast radius, I don't see him being able to swim back, he was stabbed remember. If he did, people will find him.
I believe Nolan wanted to kill batman off but studio execs wanted him to keep batman alive so he want
the Inception route. oh well.

LOVED IT. Will watch it in Imax after the hype dies...

Movie is so overrated to me...people are just ignoring the obvious errors in the plot.

Inexcusable for a director considered to be one of the smartest out there doing films today...

I felt like dude tried to play the viewer a little bit...

On top of it all he gave us the Inception like ending...smh

This was a very dope film. The most emotional out of the three and I felt it needed to be because I thought the last two, if they needed anything else, was heart.

Also I agree with many of the NT'rs who said this film is full of holes for a Nolan film. For me, despite them, it's still a very dope film. The acting, Bane, fleshed out Batman/ Bruce story, the Bat, the Batcave, Bruce looking old, etc. made this a really good film.

My gripes would be that certain subplots should have been fleshed out and random pop-ups of Batman could have been explained. For example, if Nolan really digged deeper into the Wayne Enterprises financial crisis, explained how Miranda Tate and Selina Kyle wanted Bruce after a few scenes, and had some reference how Bruce got to Gotham would have made the movie better than TDK for me.

I have one question though..

If any of you pay attention to the initial credits, when the Bat symbol is formed, why was ice cracking used as the piece to form the bat symbol?

In Batman Begins bats fly in unison to form a bat which symbolized that batman begins his story and conquers his fear of bats.

In TDK a blue flame is formed to make a bat which represents Joker wanting to watch the world burn and Batman had to "burn the forest down" to find the Joker at the end of the film by using the bat sonar (which was blue).

I figured it was used to represent Batman being broken obviously but why ice? What's the symbolism of having the film to take place in the winter?

Btw, the next Batman film WB should do is one based upon the Batman Beyond comics and cartoon. This film sets it up for that possibility in so many ways. The vehicle used in Batman Beyond was actually called the Bat and hovered in the air, the original Batman retired and was much older, and there was a successor.

I would want Nolan to produce it and have a director like Zack Synder direct it. Who ever directs shouldn't reboot Batman with the same origin story and have it told from a different interpretation. That's the expected thing to do and has been done several times over. Nolan's bat universe is the definite one and I don't think another will come close.

Lastly, they then can introduce the Justice League through a Batman Beyond film, in a similar fashion to the cartoon ala "The Once and Future Thing" epidodes.

Scenes I didn't like plus gripes

Almost everything in the jail pit just didn't seem right to me. There was nothing to show that it was the worst place on earth. food and water all provided. Nobody messing with each other. Cheering for each other. The leap to the next stone was anto climactic. It just didnt do anything for me. I understand the hope analogy is included alot in the movie I just wasn't feeling the pit.

How did wayne get to gotham

The second fight was was okay but Batman didn't do that much differant. He is a detective at heart and should have used his brain to defeat Bane as well as his fists. I mean a broken, beaten up, out of practice batman gets a few shots on the mask and thats it? mehh

more details on how he escaped the nuke. yes i know about auto piolot, but a nuke has a fallout radius.

WTF is a chip that erases everything? If i know your face, what is a chip gonna prove?

Bit more info on how Blake found out Wayne was batman

How are they gonna live the rest of their lives? Wayne get his money back? how could he, he's buried. Selina just gonna rob people? how is he not going to be recognized?

I want to know how much Bane truly believed in what Talia and him were doing. Was it really just for her? Did they both truly think that gotham was evil and it's time was up an dmust be destroyed? I felt like I understood Ra's motivations much more clearly. There were so many 99% references... did they truly care about wealth disparity? was that a main reason Gotham failed? I just have no idea what either really cared about. Just fufiling Ra's goal but what did they feel about it?
Bane had to fight in there.  Looked pretty bad to me, the only way you can get out is by climbing up.  Can you imagine how it feels to know that you could be home free if you make that jump, but you never do?  Not to mention it's hot as **** in there and in the middle of a desert.

I wouldn't mind a little more detail about that too, but it's not a big problem.

I liked that fight scene.  Batman was getting his *** handed to him and got that lucky punch.  Happens in boxing when the underdog is getting beat up and comes back with a KO out-of-nowhere.

That's the thing though, it's not definitive if he died or not.  If they told you how he escaped the nuke then you would he survived.  Alfred noted that he always imagined seeing Bruce with a wife and kids, so when he sees him at the end it could be his imagination.

You can know her face all you want, but when you go to look up information on her, you're not gonna find anything.  They can't accuse her of any past crimes if she never existed.  Besides, the only people that know her are the people in Gotham, so if she goes to another country then they won't be able to say they know her or look up her history because it was erased.

What more info?  His story seemed believable to me.  He knew what it was like to lose his parents and put a mask on to cover up the pain.  He could tell Bruce wasn't as happy as he seemed and deduced that he was Batman...

That's the thing though, it's not definitive if he died or not.  If they told you how he escaped the nuke then you would he survived.  Alfred noted that he always imagined seeing Bruce with a wife and kids, so when he sees him at the end it could be his imagination.

Nah it's pretty definitive that Bruce survived the blast. He even left Blake the coordinates to find the Batcave

One thing im not sure of was who built the new batsignal? Was that Bruce too?

Alfred wouldnt imagine him with Selina. it definitely happened.

And I understand nobody knowing Selina with the chip. But bruce wayne is famous. someone would know it's him even if the records don't say it

That was in Batman & Robin. Bane was ALWAYS big. In the comics, the Venom made him BIGGER and STRONGER than he already was

What about the story I heard of bane starting out as a skinny guy being used because his body can absorb the toxic which makes him grow?

Alfred wouldnt imagine him with Selina. it definitely happened.
And I understand nobody knowing Selina with the chip. But bruce wayne is famous. someone would know it's him even if the records don't say it

He does in in Batman Begins. He goes like 5 years without anyone finding him. The world thought he was dead.

Movie is okay but I'm disappointed.

Big huge Transformeresque plot holes that I can't ignore.

Worst of the trilogy by far.

Movie is so overrated to me...people are just ignoring the obvious errors in the plot.

Inexcusable for a director considered to be one of the smartest out there doing films today...

I felt like dude tried to play the viewer a little bit...

On top of it all he gave us the Inception like ending...smh
Agreed.

The Blonde headed girl with Selina is Holly Robinson. In Batman: Year One, Selina Kyle has a young girl whom it's inferred she has taken in as a daughter/little sister type role.

BRUCE LIVED.

THERE WERE AT LEAST 3 REFERENCES TO THE AUTO PILOT. THAT WAS NOT A COINCIDENCE. THEY WERE FORESHADOWING. GOOGLE FORESHADOWING.

I was practically inspired to tears at many of the scenes.

Watching the cops go at it with bane and a tank and fighting regardless

Batman's rehabilitation, and the climb. jesus that was inspiring.

catwoman the entire film was exactly how I remembered her and better.

joseph gordon taking the steps of faith across the bridge to be denied by the army regardless.

batman's sacrifice.

the whole thing was just so inspiring, especially since half the movie was just evil prevailing in complete dominance, and yet a select few refusing to quit.
this movie is miles ahead of TDK.

Bane was so hard in TDKR. I personally like him over Joker, and yes SRS. Thats just my opinion tho. His lines was like poetry, and the fight scenes as the best in the whole francise.

Back
Top Bottom