"The Decision" in retrospect

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by Nermindee

laugh.gif
how the hell is kobe a quitter by making management build a better team?!?! lmfao, you have a very delusional understanding of the word "quitter"... your argument has been shot down so many times on NT... lebron is the one who left a team that had the best regular season record for 2 straight years! and you wanna compare that against kobe who played with idiots like kwame brown, brian cook, smush parker, chrism mihm, luke walton? hahaha
laugh.gif
nope keep trying

Thing is,I didn't call Kobe a quitter
laugh.gif
. I'm just saying that some of the logic that people use to call Lebron a quitter could also be used in other peoples cases. Personally I don't find neither of them guilty of "quitting" at any point. A few bad games don't mean that they quit.

This. Simply the point I'm making, and clarified for DARTH dummy to understand but as usual he's so blinded by Kobe love it went over his head.
--Again? Youre saying "this" to someone that says they didnt call Kobe a quitter when you clearly called Kobe a quitter on at least 3 posts. Dont make me dig them up dogg.
--I've already manned up and admitted I'm a "stan". You should man up and admit your hate. What a joke homie.

--WARNED. Personal attack.

laugh.gif
how the hell is kobe a quitter by making management build a better team?!?! lmfao, you have a very delusional understanding of the word "quitter"... your argument has been shot down so many times on NT... lebron is the one who left a team that had the best regular season record for 2 straight years! and you wanna compare that against kobe who played with idiots like kwame brown, brian cook, smush parker, chrism mihm, luke walton? hahaha
laugh.gif
nope keep trying

laugh.gif
. I'm just saying that some of the logic that people use to call Lebron a quitter could also be used in other peoples cases. Personally I don't find neither of them guilty of "quitting" at any point. A few bad games don't mean that they quit.

This. Simply the point I'm making, and clarified for DARTH dummy to understand but as usual he's so blinded by Kobe love it went over his head.
--Again? Youre saying "this" to someone that says they didnt call Kobe a quitter when you clearly called Kobe a quitter on at least 3 posts. Dont make me dig them up dogg.
--I've already manned up and admitted I'm a "stan". You should man up and admit your hate. What a joke homie.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

laugh.gif

For the LAST TIME (I'll even put it in bullet point form for you):

--I don't think LBJ, Kobe, or any other star is a "quitter".

--The reason I "called" Kobe a "quitter" is not because I ACTUALLY think he is one, but to simply show how one can EASILY spin this subjective argument against your favorite player (and it doesn't matter if it's Kobe or anyone else). You seem to dish out the label well but get sensitive when it's used against you.

--Players who want more talent around them (either by lobbying to the front office or leaving via trade/free agency) aren't "quitters". They want to win.

--What a star does in a game or series is irrelvant if his teammates do not also perform to help the TEAM get the W. PERIOD.

That should suffice, no? If not, then I'm not wasting more time explaining this.

laugh.gif

--The reason I "called" Kobe a "quitter" is not because I ACTUALLY think he is one, but to simply show how one can EASILY spin this subjective argument against your favorite player (and it doesn't matter if it's Kobe or anyone else). You seem to dish out the label well but get sensitive when it's used against you.

--Players who want more talent around them (either by lobbying to the front office or leaving via trade/free agency) aren't "quitters". They want to win.

--What a star does in a game or series is irrelvant if his teammates do not also perform to help the TEAM get the W. PERIOD.

That should suffice, no? If not, then I'm not wasting more time explaining this.

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

Originally Posted by PoloLax

We all know how good of a player LeBron is. There's no denying his ability and talents, but what bothered me about "The Decision" was the simple fact that he went to Miami to win a ring knowing he would have two other excellent players with him. I mean if your as good as LeBron is and have Wade and Bosh on your side there shouldn't be any reason on why you can't win a championship.

However to me that doesn't make you an "elite" player as say Jordan or Kobe. When Kobe and Shaq were winning alot of people questioned if Kobe can do it alone. Kobe has proved he can win rings without Shaq. Jordan won them without superstars (You can argue Pippen, but that's another topic). Now we may never know if LeBron can do it "alone". I mean, we don't even know if he can do it with Wade and Bosh, but I'm thinking they might be able too.

Cleveland was winning with LeBron but they couldn't get over the hump? Is that the organization's fault? I don't believe so. Great players have the ability to get their team to the top, they make everyone around them better. LeBron was doing that in Cleveland, but he couldn' take them to the promise land. Was he frustrated he was in Cleveland? I don't know but if he believes he's the greatest then don't you think as the greatest he would do whatever possible to get Cleveland the ring?

I know this has been beaten to death before but I think he made the wrong decision going to Miami. To me it seemed like the easy way out to win a title while having tremendous amounts of fun at the same time. Now imagine if he took Cleveland all the way, that would have made him look that much better than him having a "part" in taking Miami all the way.

Pippen was a superstar. A legit 2 option to MJ. Pau is a legit 2 for Kobe.

Lebron was never given a legit 2. Antwan was not a legit 2. Shaq at 38 is not a legit 2. A undevelopd Carlos Boozer was not a legit 2. Who do you know besides Lebron took a team of lower level bench players to the finals?

Whoa whoa whoa...You wait ONE damn minute.  Jamison = Pau Gasol.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

We all know how good of a player LeBron is. There's no denying his ability and talents, but what bothered me about "The Decision" was the simple fact that he went to Miami to win a ring knowing he would have two other excellent players with him. I mean if your as good as LeBron is and have Wade and Bosh on your side there shouldn't be any reason on why you can't win a championship.

However to me that doesn't make you an "elite" player as say Jordan or Kobe. When Kobe and Shaq were winning alot of people questioned if Kobe can do it alone. Kobe has proved he can win rings without Shaq. Jordan won them without superstars (You can argue Pippen, but that's another topic). Now we may never know if LeBron can do it "alone". I mean, we don't even know if he can do it with Wade and Bosh, but I'm thinking they might be able too.

Cleveland was winning with LeBron but they couldn't get over the hump? Is that the organization's fault? I don't believe so. Great players have the ability to get their team to the top, they make everyone around them better. LeBron was doing that in Cleveland, but he couldn' take them to the promise land. Was he frustrated he was in Cleveland? I don't know but if he believes he's the greatest then don't you think as the greatest he would do whatever possible to get Cleveland the ring?

I know this has been beaten to death before but I think he made the wrong decision going to Miami. To me it seemed like the easy way out to win a title while having tremendous amounts of fun at the same time. Now imagine if he took Cleveland all the way, that would have made him look that much better than him having a "part" in taking Miami all the way.

Lebron was never given a legit 2. Antwan was not a legit 2. Shaq at 38 is not a legit 2. A undevelopd Carlos Boozer was not a legit 2. Who do you know besides Lebron took a team of lower level bench players to the finals?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

there were reports that lebron wanted Antwon over Amare because he can "spread the floor".

sabotage status.

there were reports that lebron wanted Antwon over Amare because he can "spread the floor".

sabotage status.

lol yeah you shoulda stopped a long time ago... you failed trying to dig out of the hole you created
laugh.gif

but keep calling us dummies and idiots if it makes you feel better
happy.gif

lol yeah you shoulda stopped a long time ago... you failed trying to dig out of the hole you created
laugh.gif

happy.gif

laugh.gif

happy.gif

What makes me happy is watching you homers fail at reading comprehension and logic on a daily basis. And I ain't even gotta say nothin for other posters to expose you clowns
roll.gif

laugh.gif

happy.gif

What makes me happy is watching you homers fail at reading comprehension and logic on a daily basis. And I ain't even gotta say nothin for other posters to expose you clowns
roll.gif

Let me ask everyone this. How many rings does #6 have to win for "the decision" to had been a good one? I believe with all of the money tied up in Miller, #6, Wade, RuPaul, and Anthony, they will only always be able to sign bums for their bench, and they already have at least two bums making too much money.

With that being said they also have to worry about the Knicks, Chicago, Boston (at least for one more year), the Lakers, OKC, Orlando, Portland. I would be willing to take all those other teams in regards to flexible futures and players that are tough and talented. With the make-up of The Freeze, and how soft they are, and a lot of money tied up in just a few players, he will be lucky to win one.

I just think they put that team together very stupidly. There is not much room for flexibility and their two best players need to dominate the ball to be effective, and in the playoffs and finals series, that will not work.

Sooner or later we'll all see who the prophet is

Let me ask everyone this. How many rings does #6 have to win for "the decision" to had been a good one? I believe with all of the money tied up in Miller, #6, Wade, RuPaul, and Anthony, they will only always be able to sign bums for their bench, and they already have at least two bums making too much money.

With that being said they also have to worry about the Knicks, Chicago, Boston (at least for one more year), the Lakers, OKC, Orlando, Portland. I would be willing to take all those other teams in regards to flexible futures and players that are tough and talented. With the make-up of The Freeze, and how soft they are, and a lot of money tied up in just a few players, he will be lucky to win one.

I just think they put that team together very stupidly. There is not much room for flexibility and their two best players need to dominate the ball to be effective, and in the playoffs and finals series, that will not work.

Sooner or later we'll all see who the prophet is

Originally Posted by OneTrust

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

wants a legit 2 option? then becomes the 2nd option
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by OneTrust

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

wants a legit 2 option? then becomes the 2nd option
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

> how the hell is kobe a quitter by making management build a better team?!?!

It doesn't make him a quitter. But let's lay out some logic.

Kobe wanted help or he'd leave. Mitch responds by landing Pau.

LeBron wants help and the Cavs don't get him legit help. So LeBron leaves. Before you try and talk up the supporting cast. Name a single player that made an all-NBA team while playing in Cleveland? An all-star team (Mo being a second alternate doesn't count).

Because Mitch is a better GM than Danny Ferry LeBron is a quitter? Am I doing this right?

LeBron did what the Cavs couldn't, surround himself with championship talent.

Back
Top Bottom