~| the DOM. KENNEDY thread |~

pimp.gif

WOW!! this tape is too west.. Dom definitely solidified his lane as a steezy westcoast rapper.

after the first listen, the stand out tracks to me are:
- come over
- she aint in love
- platinum chanel
- i love dom
- mr champagne intermission
- 2mph
- graduate

DAMN DOM DONE DID IT AGAIN!!!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

damn this is the album of the summer HANDS DOWN.
i knew this album would be dope but when i first listened to it, it was better than i !+!*#* expected!!! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

soo many summer slaps!! gona be on repeat! most def has that LA westcoast summer vibe! whole album is just toooo chill! reminds me of snoop dogs 'doggystyle'. that oldschool west coast! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-when i come around 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 chill vibe! just relaxin typa @!%@
pimp.gif

-come over 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

-money dont stop 
smokin.gif
grin.gif

-OPM!!!!! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 mos def has that westcoast in this track!!!

-platinum chanel 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-mr champagne 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 represents his style! smooth!!!

-ice cream truck!!! 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 this is that summer slap!!!!!! most definetly has that "aint no fun(if the homies cant have none)" vibe to it! i missed that @!%@!!!

-dream to me
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

-graduate 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the only song i'm not crazy about is beats @%*# and rhymes, but that's cause i don't really dig casey veggies or the other dude like that

mr champagne intermission
pimp.gif

haven't payed for music in a loooooooooooong time

better not disappoint, but then again Dom rarely does
pimp.gif

For those of you asking if you can burn from itunes, Yes you can.
Just create a playlist and name it the title of the cd, select all songs from the cd, drag it into the playlist, make sure you have a blank cd in your disc drive, right click the playlist and select "burn playlist to disc" and there ya go!

Gonna give it a spin tomorrow

I copped on itunes. I have to say I'm disappointed with the project, which is more a product of the high hopes I had for it as well as my personal preferences in content than its overall quality. Musically, the production is on point and I appreciate the diversity of flows and deliveries that Dom adopts.

However, I thought the album relied too heavily on the girls+money+materialism combination. I think that certainly has a place in things and maybe that's Dom's style. I'm willing to listen to a few of those sorts of songs, but the album had too much of that in my opinion. I felt like it was 1 hour of someone else bragging in such a way that it wasn't possible to identify with it. Maybe, I'm just growing out of that style of hip hop

High points for me were "Dom's Prayer," "Grind'n," and I liked "Beats, **@%, and Rhymes" mainly because Schoolboy's verse (not one of his best, but it was interesting to here in this context)

its a good 3 tracks i like...not feelin it at all...maybe it will grow on me *shrug

Anyone else getting a 2Pac esque vibe on When I Come Around, like Pre-Death Row 2Pac? 

laugh.gif
hell no...Dom really has his own sound

As dumb as it sounds and it wont happen...Dude should really re-release FS/DS as an album
pimp.gif
..its his best overall work..from flow to delivery to content and subject matter..it was such a balanced project.

Originally Posted by haiti5

Dude should really re-release FS/DS as an album
pimp.gif
..its his best overall work..from flow to delivery to content and subject matter..it was such a balanced project.
THIS. BTW, where have you been?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by timbo109

I copped on itunes. I have to say I'm disappointed with the project, which is more a product of the high hopes I had for it as well as my personal preferences in content than its overall quality. Musically, the production is on point and I appreciate the diversity of flows and deliveries that Dom adopts.

However, I thought the album relied too heavily on the girls+money+materialism combination. I think that certainly has a place in things and maybe that's Dom's style. I'm willing to listen to a few of those sorts of songs, but the album had too much of that in my opinion. I felt like it was 1 hour of someone else bragging in such a way that it wasn't possible to identify with it. Maybe, I'm just growing out of that style of hip hop

High points for me were "Dom's Prayer," "Grind'n," and I liked "Beats, **@%, and Rhymes" mainly because Schoolboy's verse (not one of his best, but it was interesting to here in this context)
I feel the same way, maybe I'm being more critical since it's being marketed as a "album" and I actually paid for it.
Their was really no substance, it seems like he switches his flows up to disguise the fact that he's not talking about s###
I don't expect Dom to be Common or Mos Def......
But to me an album should have a lil bit of everything and this seemed real one sided focusing on the content dude above said....

It's not bad though, alot of
pimp.gif
moments, not enough
eek.gif
moments....

Listened to it while at the gym and liked enough to cop it when I went home. Nothing too crazy but it's some good chill music to bump when burning or unwinding.

Original Dom Kennedy/FTWWL1 > FTWWL2.

I has disappoint. Songs have that nice pickup in the beginning, head bopping, then I am let down. Repeat for more then half the tracks.

Dope. Copped early today.

Not trying to compare it to his other projects because I feel like all of Dom's joints are very different.

Really feeling the production on this joint too.

And suprisingly, Dom even got good verses from Asher Roth and Casey Veggies.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

yall wild...people was saying "all he talk about is girls,. etc " when the first westside came out...what yall expect pt2 to be about...

I'm VERY happy for my dude making all of this progress
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

With that said, I like OGDK better than this.. I always like his verses (we on the same wave), the beats not so much for the most part on this one.

I cant get into Casey at all

She aint in Love & Platinum Chanel were the best to me after 1st listen

Originally Posted by rhester

Originally Posted by timbo109

I feel the same way, maybe I'm being more critical since it's being marketed as a "album" and I actually paid for it.
Their was really no substance, it seems like he switches his flows up to disguise the fact that he's not talking about s###
I don't expect Dom to be Common or Mos Def......
But to me an album should have a lil bit of everything and this seemed real one sided focusing on the content dude above said....

It's not bad though, alot of
pimp.gif
moments, not enough
eek.gif
moments....

Back
Top Bottom