~| the DOM. KENNEDY thread |~

I think Kendirck definitely makes better music, but I like Dom more because I can relate to the lifestyle more. Dom is just a laid back dude, doing absolutely what ever the **** he wants to do and I am all about that.

QFT

As much as Dom plays it cool I do sense that he's sour sometimes.

He will obviously never admit that, it'll cause controversy and go against his "cool/calm/collected" persona but deep down I think at times he does feel some type of way about it.
bingo my point exactly. i'm not mad at that i'd be sour too. he gets by doing what he loves that's why he's comfortable about it.

yea i do agree the fact dr dre had a huge part of kendrick's success. co-signs mean a little something but it all depends on who its from

if its not Diddy, Dre, Em, 50(thats debate-able) or Jay co-signs don't mean crap. dom had a co-signer it was ricky rozay 4 years ago! didn't want to go the wale route i suppose, look at wale now. 

I honestly think Dom and Ab-soul are just as good, if not better than K.dot

.........at rapping?

and btw i really like Dom's music. I'm just asking on a rapping skill level what does he say that's impressive?

like...what does he say that only a skilled rapper could think of?

Last edited:
maybe he feels like he should be the height kendrick lama is at by now if not higher. he's been on the grind a little over 5 years. kendrick just came out a couple years ago. if you think about it who else west coast was part of the new era of rap around the time dom was really buzzing? only one i can think of is that group i forgot their name with thurzday in it two guys from la...

kendrick lamar wasn't even in the picture then

:lol: wut...Kendrick BEEN putting in work since 03...everything in music takes money...A LOT OF MONEY...you don't just get songs on the radio because certain people co sign it or like it...Kendrick has a machine behind him(not to take anything away from him because hes extremely talented) but from the looks of it Dom is all out of pocket between him and his people....to get a single in circulation it takes thousands and thousands of dollars...on top of that features,studio time,production,mixing,pr...that $$$$ piles up quick Im sure thats one of the main reasons his project hasn't dropped yet...he's boarderline major so dude cant afford to slip up with the wrong single or drop a project at the wrong time because hes entering that make or break zone

maybe he feels like he should be the height kendrick lama is at by now if not higher. he's been on the grind a little over 5 years. kendrick just came out a couple years ago. if you think about it who else west coast was part of the new era of rap around the time dom was really buzzing? only one i can think of is that group i forgot their name with thurzday in it two guys from la...

kendrick lamar wasn't even in the picture then
laugh.gif
wut...Kendrick BEEN putting in work since 03...everything in music takes money...A LOT OF MONEY...you don't just get songs on the radio because certain people co sign it or like it...Kendrick has a machine behind him(not to take anything away from him because hes extremely talented) but from the looks of it Dom is all out of pocket between him and his people....to get a single in circulation it takes thousands and thousands of dollars...on top of that features,studio time,production,mixing,pr...that $$$$ piles up quick Im sure thats one of the main reasons his project hasn't dropped yet...he's boarderline major so dude cant afford to slip up with the wrong single or drop a project at the wrong time because hes entering that make or break zone
This isn't a surprise at all but can you explain this a little more? Where does the money go? Who needs to get paid and when?

This isn't a surprise at all but can you explain this a little more? Where does the money go? Who needs to get paid and when?
Its radio/digital distribution...they basically get the music in all the right hands...theres different levels to it as well the higher the artist the more money it takes because its takes a lot more outlets for someone with a bigger buzz...for a independent artist a good push for a single would run anywhere from 500-2000 a month and thats with someone pulling strings for you because they like the music....so add that on top of whatever your pr is which can range anywhere from 700-10,000 a month depending on where you are as a established artist not to mention daily living expenses...thats why whenever I see someone complaining about why artist a isn't where artist b is it simply comes down to the dough...these artists aren't making it just because...its all because of a detailed plan and financing

Its radio/digital distribution...they basically get the music in all the right hands...theres different levels to it as well the higher the artist the more money it takes because its takes a lot more outlets for someone with a bigger buzz...for a independent artist a good push for a single would run anywhere from 500-2000 a month and thats with someone pulling strings for you because they like the music....so add that on top of whatever your pr is which can range anywhere from 700-10,000 a month depending on where you are as a established artist not to mention daily living expenses...thats why whenever I see someone complaining about why artist a isn't where artist b is it simply comes down to the dough...these artists aren't making it just because...its all because of a detailed plan and financing
Pure knowledge...aaaand, the story of my life
laugh.gif

Been playing dom all week. His music smooth and is appreciated driving home when it's dark wit a cig

I honestly think Dom and Ab-soul are just as good, if not better than K.dot
.........at rapping?

and btw i really like Dom's music. I'm just asking on a rapping skill level what does he say that's impressive?

like...what does he say that only a skilled rapper could think of?
His flow and wordplay is simple yet effective; imo it's comparable Ab-soul to a certain degree. I find Dom easier to listen to when I'm chillin. No knock on K.dot though; Dom just makes "easy listening rap". 

I think Kendirck definitely makes better music, but I like Dom more because I can relate to the lifestyle more. Dom is just a laid back dude, doing absolutely what ever the **** he wants to do and I am all about that.

Word, I too believe Kendrick is more skilled lyrically and such. But at the end of the day, Dom makes that music you can base your ENTIRE summer on. That mueic that you can vibe too. Sales can say whatever, I'm still gonna play anything Dom over Kendrick everyday and twice on Sundays

also I too believe that someday Dom will be seen like a Quik or snoop to the west coast. Dom brings back that old school sound and makes it modern. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom