The Dunk Contest hasnt been the same since JRich and VC stopped participating in it

VC had so much swag and bounce in that dunk contest, he was a born dunker. Those reverse 180 windmills are so smooth.

That arm in the rim was nice too, and then I found out that Kobe did it way before VC. still sick though

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

am i the only one that thnks VC's dunks in the 2000 dunk contest were overrated?

first dunk is just a 180 windmill
second dunk is the same just coming from out of bounds

between the legs was the only real impressive one imo.

at that present time.. VC did what nobody would of ever seen..thats why its so amazing

Agreed...

The '03 Contest with J-Rich & Desmond Mason going back and forth was the last good one, '04 had Potential but a few missed dunks in the finalmessed it up.

�jaysbboy wrote:
damn i can't find the vid of 02 dunk contest when he caught the lob and turned to the side and did a two handed reverse.....#%$! was nasty

from 3:50 on

u get to see steve francis and mobley in the early stages of their relationship too

gotdaym what a disgusting dunk
sick.gif

other than that 02 dunk contest was a joke

its a shame no one ever talks about Jasons performance

desmond mason gets an appreciation also

he was like Jasons loser rival

and the music is absolutely horrible for this mix

I always thought Vince's dunks were much cleaner than JRich's

Insane stuff they would do in the air, but I thought Vince's dunks went down much more smooth. For example, watch Vince's windmill coming from behindthe backboard... the ball just doesnt even seem like it hits any net... just literally thrown right down. Maybe its just me though.

pimp.gif
none the less
pimp.gif

I still think J-Rich's last dunk in 2003 was the best one ever, hit it clean and needed a 49 to win the thing. I almost fell outta my chair watching it.

The grace, style and flair that came with Vince's dunks make his performance the best ever. There have been some stellar performances, but none surpassVince in 2000.

at least we have Lebron to look forward to next year
pimp.gif

and there's bound to be other stars to follow his example

youngcheezy wrote:
�jaysbboy wrote:
damn i can't find the vid of 02 dunk contest when he caught the lob and turned to the side and did a two handed reverse.....#%$! was nasty

from 3:50 on

u get to see steve francis and mobley in the early stages of their relationship too

gotdaym what a disgusting dunk
sick.gif

other than that 02 dunk contest was a joke

its a shame no one ever talks about Jasons performance

desmond mason gets an appreciation also

he was like Jasons loser rival

and the music is absolutely horrible for this mix

i just have to say that final dunk was so disgusting and so underrated

that was a true 180 also..not like Vince Carter when he cheats a little before he jumps (thats why his dunks look better)

I agree. VC dominating in the GS All Star games dunk contest. Then there was the Richardson and Mason duel
pimp.gif
. Only if J-Rich had put down a simpler dunk to 3-peat it would've been niceto see him in more contests. Fred Jones winning
sick.gif
. Smith'sperformance was decent, but I don't put it up there with the others.

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

that was a true 180 also..not like Vince Carter when he cheats a little before he jumps (thats why his dunks look better)
laugh.gif

It looks better because he's simply the better dunker. Kenny Smith, Shaq, and C-Webb just to name a few say Vince had the best performance ever.

VC is the greatest in-game/contest dunker ever.

/ thread.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Agreed 100% I don't even know these dudes participating these days. Although I haven't taken BBall seriously since 01
Co-signs

The L don't even want Lebron and Co. participating next year because once its over and none of the "stars" come back the following year peoplewill be even more turned off because of the tease they got from Lebron/ESPN hype one year.

I've said this before....while having the best players in the dunk contest is ideal for promoting purposes, you just need the top dunkers and things willbe fine if you improve the presentation. Go to 6-8 dunkers. Let them use more props if need be. If you need 7 attempts you are out. Etc.

OP what are you thinking? delete this thread, last years dunk contest was probably one of the most exciting its been in years

I still get excited every year by it...this weekend was just really bad and boring. You had to see it coming- Nate is too small so he only has a few differentdunks and he had shown everything the past few years. Same thing with Dwight, except he is too big. JR Smith was a wildcard, but he lacks creativity. And Rudyis just a decent dunker, nothing special.

The Dunk Contest will be fine.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

D-Mase
pimp.gif
my dude used to make J-Rich work for it.

cooooooooosign... he was nasty... I forgot what year it was but when they had to spin that giant wheel and recreate a dunk was +%$#++# dumb, the cowboy wasprobably my favorite dunker...

Back
Top Bottom